Author Topic: 0.5.2.0, New Year, New Balance(tm), New Beginnings  (Read 8075 times)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: 0.5.2.0, New Year, New Balance(tm), New Beginnings
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2018, 09:49:52 pm »
I keep on failing to connect to servers, what do?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2018, 09:52:46 pm »
Very surprised to see that Archery just got a buff, this will make my experiment all that more interesting. Especially as archers can now use the spamovaklion, making them all that more powerful.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2018, 10:00:59 pm »
+2
Balance team is already working on changes so i'm sure you will see a patch today or tomorrow.

That's great.  :D
I really appreciate the hard work of the developers, recently devoted to this mod.
I just wanted to point out this 2H zero slot possibility.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2018, 10:18:38 pm »
+1
Keep up the good work lads.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2018, 12:39:44 am »
I updated my other post sry for the double post/quote myself thing.

Oh and thanks for work on mod.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 12:43:06 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2018, 01:44:27 am »
So now is not possible to use 2H weapon with Heavy Crossbow or Arbalest ...
It is kind of strange that range now can only use 1H weapons.

It's as if they don't want hybrids to use the best weapons of two different classes.

I do think free exchanges need to be given out when a weapon is suddenly made unusable to you. Otherwise, it just collects dust in your inventory. The marketplace isn't an answer, as nerfed weapons lose most of their value.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2018, 02:42:25 am »
+2
I keep on failing to connect to servers, what do?

have you tried selling yuor arbalset 3+?
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2018, 03:05:09 am »
+1
Terrible change with the arbalest slots used. All you do is force everyone to use the same boring melee weapon or run away till the flags get capped.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2018, 04:06:43 am »
+8
are you guys suggesting that Rider complaining 15 times a day about crossbows on the servers, discord and the forum through his 3 accounts does not perfectly reflect the opinion of all of cRPG? :shock:

if you think 4 slots for arbalest and heavy crossbow is too much of a restriction, try stirring 10% of the shit Rider is stirring every day and you'll get heard
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2018, 11:45:39 am »
+1
are you guys suggesting that Rider complaining 15 times a day about crossbows on the servers, discord and the forum through his 3 accounts does not perfectly reflect the opinion of all of cRPG? :shock:

if you think 4 slots for arbalest and heavy crossbow is too much of a restriction, try stirring 10% of the shit Rider is stirring every day and you'll get heard

hmmm mainly I talked about dmg that xbows were doing because of retarded speed bonus and values of armor soak factor and that they can deal big dmg in melee with blunt weapon because of tons of wpf and ath. Actually I dont like the idea of 4 slot arbalest and 0 slot shields also 0 slot bodkins but it is the beginning so I understand there are going to be more balance patches for it. I already can see archers with 3 packs of arrows in strategus and longbow, thats gonna be such a joy for them playing in defense :D

Rico you should try to play cav when there were so many xbows on the server, all you could do was to hide somewhere and when you tried to kill someone he could one shoot you with arb :P

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2018, 04:20:35 pm »
+2
Terrible change with the arbalest slots used. All you do is force everyone to use the same boring melee weapon or run away till the flags get capped.

not like having a 3 slot arbalest make your choice of weapons much spicier. most xbowmen went for the 1 slot two handers like the mace or executioner sword of lombardic sword 2h-mode

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2018, 10:38:55 pm »
Playing couple hours with +3 Arbalest and +3 Steel Bolts and it is impossible to make a kill, even on light armored opponents 25 to 35 body armor.
Melee players play as if the range does not exist on the server, so I guess it can be said that something wrong with the balance.
I played as 2H xbow armed with cudgel, and I can say it completely useless.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2018, 10:47:04 pm »
+1
increasing strength requirement would only force crossbowmen to take builds with 7 or 8 power strike with 7 or 8 iron flesh and be an actual melee build with a very minimal loss in accuracy. That is definitely not nerfing their melee component of the class but rather buffing it to retarded levels.

See, here you're assuming that a build such as 15-24 is inherently worse in melee than 24-15, which is inherently untrue. Combine a fast 1h weapon like the liuyedao with 24 agility and the light armor that most xbowers wear, and you've got yourself a potent melee threat, even with "only" 5 PS. Arguably, that's a better option than the inverse, where a lightly-armored xbower is stuck with minimal mobility and a short weapon.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2018, 11:47:16 pm »
not like having a 3 slot arbalest make your choice of weapons much spicier. most xbowmen went for the 1 slot two handers like the mace or executioner sword of lombardic sword 2h-mode

Well, it gives you the choice out of every one hander, quite a few 2handers and some polearms. So yeah, it does actually make a difference. Now everyone is limited to the 0 slot weapons, which arent a lot or they will just take 3 stacks of steel bolts and run away to find new ones after they used them all.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2018, 04:31:32 am »
+2
Rico you should try to play cav when there were so many xbows on the server, all you could do was to hide somewhere and when you tried to kill someone he could one shoot you with arb :P

Oh right, you are cav and complain about ranged, nice luxury problems :D

I am noob cav, but even I can backstab 1 guy who isn't aware of me every round, then my horse dies somehow and I use my average melee skills with my only-slightly-worse-than-the-average-infantry-guy dismounted-cav-character to get my second kill, and boom, I'm an average player who just killed 2 average players for no other reason than paying 2,014 gold upkeep once every three rounds off my 10 million gold stash I accumulated in light armor on DTV and through trading on the marketplace, but it's not so bad cuz I get valor for couchlancing that archer who scored two headshots the round before, so chances are I won't have to scam another noob on the market again for another while

friendly reminder that in a better world, a 2:1 KD means you are a solid player and not just another average joe on a horse

don't get me wrong, ranged players have an unfair advantage over infantry by game design as well because they get their ranged weapons and they still a get melee weapon on top. at least I feel like ranged players need to commit their builds more to being ranged than a cav guy who only pays riding skill and upkeep, but he can just choose to spawn without a horse and still be a decent foot soldier if he wishes to

also I'll never understand why people rage when they get shot but they're perfectly fine with being stabbed in the back by a lance from horseback. they should calmly accept both and bring a light shield and 1 slot boar spear that anyone can equip, or if they refuse to use the slots available to them and absolutely ask to get shot and couchlanced, they should at least complain equally about both and not only about getting shot

but you know, that all said, I still don't ask for a cav nerf in 3 different places 5 times a day and make a meme out of "OP couchlance no counterplay lul" and rally my homies to hop on the bandwagon. I just patiently wait till the global gold amount decreases and cav becomes more expensive to play. I stay true to my own playstyle and think of the strength of some other playstyles as a positive challenge I need to overcome if I want to be a better player. I welcome you to try the same, because in the past, balancers have actually listened to the community's QQ, and they have come up with their own distorted ideas of how to "improve", "save" or "fix" cRPG. this is how Tydeuses are born, they feed on little Rider tears.

cRPG balance should just be reverted to the good old days where each class had something OP about them and the mod still had players, and then never be touched again.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV