Author Topic: cRPG for Bannerlord, any plans?  (Read 6472 times)

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
Re: cRPG for Bannerlord, any plans?
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2017, 07:02:35 pm »
+3
My hopes for bannerlord are: the ability to ditch the website and do everything in game, add the customizable weapons feature to the cRPG remake so people can make their own weapons and armors, make strat great again (and less clunky), and finally make as much as I can open source so other modders can add a multiplayer leveling system to their mod.

No no no, the website should stay! having the ability to manage your character from any device in the world at any time is awesome, in crpg  95% of my character, clan management and market whoring was all done on random trains, buses, at work, in the pub and not on a pc that had warband installed. Losing that ability would suck big time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2017, 07:06:22 pm »
+3
Definitely have done a lot of my strategus playing over mobile. Very handy to be able to do from a phone.

Offline Horns

• Count
  • Renown: 207
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I am that horns guy.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Horns
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 07:17:02 pm »
+2
No no no, the website should stay! having the ability to manage your character from any device in the world at any time is awesome, in crpg  95% of my character, clan management and market whoring was all done on random trains, buses, at work, in the pub and not on a pc that had warband installed. Losing that ability would suck big time.

The only reason we have a website is because it is impossible for warband servers to communicate directly with a database and so it uses a website as a proxy (not to mention making GUI's is a pain in the ass). If you really want to whore the market and manage a clan then no life it and stay inside playing games the way god intended.

Definitely have done a lot of my strategus playing over mobile. Very handy to be able to do from a phone.

That would be different. There is an actual necessity for access anywhere when managing strat. His case, it is just a preference and not absolutely needed.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2017, 07:26:45 pm »
+2
The only reason we have a website is because it is impossible for warband servers to communicate directly with a database and so it uses a website as a proxy (not to mention making GUI's is a pain in the ass). If you really want to whore the market and manage a clan then no life it and stay inside playing games the way god intended.

That would be different. There is an actual necessity for access anywhere when managing strat. His case, it is just a preference and not absolutely needed.

Simple solution: have both

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 08:48:18 pm »
+1
I wish they would just make Bannerlord.
I wish they would make Bannerlord.

Upd: dammit Jona!
welp I wouldn't get your hopes up in seeing it this year or even early next year.
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/News/177
"Of course, we understand a lot of you are looking to hear a release date and more details on the politics and campaign side of single player. In our opinion, the most important thing is to deliver a great game, worthy of our efforts and your expectations. We have so far avoided giving a release date thinking it would distract us from our attention to quality. The campaign is something we can definitely show off more and we’re looking at the best way to do it justice, and present it with the clarity and depth that it deserves."

That whole news blog was about how they set up their E3 booth lol.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Suedehead

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: wife_of_an_acrobat
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 09:06:06 pm »
Can't say about BL, but they should've definitely try to make cRPG as official DLC for Warband before starting Melee project. They did have same initial conditions as Vince or Idibil, no doubt DLC would be approved, and for sure it would have been the same success as NW or VC became.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2017, 09:40:35 pm »
+3
I wish Taleworlds would get over this single player shit and focus on the multiplayer.  Hell, just release the multiplayer and introduce the single player later....you know the single player campaign is where all the dev time is going :(

I know it won't happen.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Horns

• Count
  • Renown: 207
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I am that horns guy.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Horns
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2017, 09:49:55 pm »
welp I wouldn't get your hopes up in seeing it this year or even early next year.
"Of course, we understand a lot of you are looking to hear a release date and more details on the politics and campaign side of single player. In our opinion, the most important thing is to deliver a great game, worthy of our efforts and your expectations. We have so far avoided giving a release date thinking it would distract us from our attention to quality. The campaign is something we can definitely show off more and we’re looking at the best way to do it justice, and present it with the clarity and depth that it deserves."

That whole news blog was about how they set up their E3 booth lol.

They are really just screwing themselves over keeping stuff in the dark and not setting a hard deadline for themselves. There must not be a single businessmen in that company because they are usually the ones pushing the deadlines and enforcing QA in the first place.

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2017, 09:53:55 pm »
+1
Better this, than what has happened to oKaM (unfinished pre-alpha released year ago, which still hasn't converted into a decent game).
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline BlackPanda

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • USA
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: BlackPanda \ blubbernugget
  • IRC nick: BlackPanda
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2017, 12:14:42 am »
+3
I feel that crpg 2.0 will be better with different devs than the donkeys. More transparent devs that are willing to revert bad decisions instead of telling the community to bite the bullet.

Offline Lord_Carlos

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2022, 07:58:44 pm »
Only thing I know that if there will be a crpg bannerlors I will be a old ass man .
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 02:52:39 pm by Lord_Carlos »