Author Topic: Microsoft buys LinkedIn for $26.2 billion  (Read 6263 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft buys LinkedIn for $26.2 billion
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2016, 12:13:07 am »
+2
I do not fear for me personaly on the gender issues, but I think it is highly interesting subject.
I'm still in the mindset sex = gender, but color me ready to widen my pov?
When one look at all the gender identities possible on wiki, it is very hard to imagine it in real life; people being "gender fluid" or whatever.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2016, 12:51:04 am »
Things start to get really confusing when throw in sexuality and orientation on top of these gender identities. Like are these people trying to have sex or not? Just tell us whats in your pants and what you want in the pants of your partner.
Ahah, wow, that's actually quite well put!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2016, 04:22:23 am »
Just tell us whats in your pants and what you want in the pants of your partner.

Well put as said above, and quite summarize the problem too: clothes+akwardness+gender problems makes telling and knowing what you have in your pants and what you want in the pants of the other, quite impossible  :lol:

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2016, 09:15:05 am »
+1
Technically, any practicing Christian is a really weird apostate these days. So many teachings from the bible have been abandoned in today's churches, but they really really hold onto the whole "gays are wrong" thing.
My point was that homosexual acts are wrong, not homosexuals. Anyone who holds onto a "gays are wrong" thing is misguided (if they claim a Biblical basis for it, I should say). There is no such thing, was what I was saying.

There's really just one "Church," and it is recovering from centuries of mistranslation and mishandling by various authorities (many of which still exist today). So yes, things are not perfect yet, but not recognizing the difference between "sin" and "sinners" (one of the most basic tenants, and draws, of Christianity) is some Catholicism-level apostasy, no matter how you slice it imo.

I do not think that a State should have any role in marriage licensing (between two consenting adults).
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2016, 12:23:09 pm »
My point was that homosexual acts are wrong, not homosexuals. Anyone who holds onto a "gays are wrong" thing is misguided.

Homosexuals are prone to commit homosexual acts though... so even if your take on it is correct, its retarded logic.
If you write a holy book that says "eating spaghetti is bad", dont be surprised if people burn people eating spaghetti.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2016, 07:05:59 pm »
Homosexuals are prone to commit homosexual acts though... so even if your take on it is correct, its retarded logic.
If you write a holy book that says "eating spaghetti is bad", dont be surprised if people burn people eating spaghetti.
My eating spaghetti does not make me bad, because I can be repentant for my eating spaghetti, and be redeemed and forgiven. Has anyone on a street corner ever told you that Jesus died for your sins? That's the big idea behind Christianity, and the consequence of that was man then being able to contact God in seeking forgiveness (assuming some other stuff). Seriously, that's the whole ballgame. A central pillar of the whole thing.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2016, 07:29:51 pm »
+5
I was wondering why a LinkedIn thread was 5 pages long, so I opened it up ready for some industry discussion. What I found is much better than what I expected to find.

Threads like these are perfect for asking the hard questions... Can you call a bisexual person a homo and be right about it?

▲ ▲
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2016, 08:33:43 pm »
My eating spaghetti does not make me bad, because I can be repentant for my eating spaghetti, and be redeemed and forgiven. Has anyone on a street corner ever told you that Jesus died for your sins? That's the big idea behind Christianity, and the consequence of that was man then being able to contact God in seeking forgiveness (assuming some other stuff). Seriously, that's the whole ballgame. A central pillar of the whole thing.

Some homosexuals commit homosexuals act because they enjoy it and will never consider repenting for it. Others would want to repent but still continue a homosexual lifestyle. Without being in their head I doubt you can separate the two and make a sound judgment.
Your stance is more tolerant, so thats this going for you. Even though in all case this is stupid, but heh, religion...

Can you call a bisexual person a homo and be right about it?

Well, a bisexual is a hetero and a homo, so if you call them gay you are right, just not entirely  :lol:

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2016, 10:49:25 pm »
Some homosexuals commit homosexuals act because they enjoy it and will never consider repenting for it. Others would want to repent but still continue a homosexual lifestyle. Without being in their head I doubt you can separate the two and make a sound judgment.
Your stance is more tolerant, so thats this going for you. Even though in all case this is stupid, but heh, religion...

Well, a bisexual is a hetero and a homo, so if you call them gay you are right, just not entirely  :lol:
There's always the potential for that though, I have no way of knowing if the fag I walk past in downtown Seattle is going to die completely unrepentant or not. Regardless of that, it isn't the place of an individual to judge another individual anyway, as I said. The point is that you don't make that judgement at all.

It's not a stance it's Christianity lmao "tolerance" is irrelevant and a misnomer.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2016, 02:27:10 am »
+2
Why did you have to bring spaghetti into this, and why in such a bad perspective?

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2016, 03:43:20 am »
+1
I agree to an extent that people need to be blamed and not Christianity as a whole. In this case his parents are the ones at fault. And the people who made up those homophobic lines in the silly text book. And the ones working off those lines. Then again this is what religion is though, making stuff up and passing it onto other people. It is made up by people, passed on by people to other people therefore religion is people. So by putting the blame on people we can easily put the blame on Christianity, it's just using another word for the whole concept.

And Teeth did put the blame on very specific people in his other post explaining his brainwashedness, and not on the term 'Christianity', so I don't know why you get so triggered over this.

I thought you were smart before this post.

It absolutely is, at least for the kind of Christianity I adhered to. To be clear, I am of the opinion that "being a Christian" means actually holding at least some personal conviction that god is real and that the Bible is an inspired text. Once you are in the territory of such beliefs with the Bible clearly denouncing homosexuality and stressing the holiness of the man-woman relationship, not frowning upon homosexuality is just being inconsistent, it comes with the territory. My backwards ideas about homosexuality entirely depended on my belief in a Christian god. As such, as soon as my preference for a bigger picture than my existence on earth finally stopped being enough to patch all the holes, my ideas about homosexuality got revised very quickly and I am a gay-lover supreme nowadays.

Me being a Christian for so long cannot be excused, however, my adherence to Christian beliefs entirely excuses my ideas about homosexuality at the time. I have no idea how anyone is anti-homosexual from an atheist platform. All in all I am not sure what you really want from me here Heskey. Am I a bad person now, even though I have distanced myself extremely far from my prior beliefs in regards to both religion and homosexuality? Have you been a perfect little Bayesian all your life, immune to cognitive dissonance, that you can be so damning? In fact, you claim to have been a Christian and to have never doubted the correctness of homosexuality, that is a nice example of cognitive dissonance right there. Adjusting your religious beliefs to more easily fit with modern society.

By the way, I think the posts Leshma is referring to are in here, read it and weep. I said something really weird here, and I think even at the time I was a bit confused with what I meant when reading it back, and found myself agreeing with what Rhekimos posted next. It sounds pretty shitty though.
http://forum.melee.org/general-off-topic/gay-marriage-you'r-thoughts/75/

You need to get laid, man. :lol:
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2016, 03:44:57 am »
+1
x
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2016, 06:59:59 am »
+3
 Here you go, Heskey and friends. I was in an extremely sheltered community until about 12. Despite constant exposure to the outside world, the view my parents wanted me to have was always reinforced by them, my childhood friends, their parents, and pretty much everyone in my life. So we'd see something they disapproved of (say a lady wearing a top that exposed part of her midriff, someone drinking alcohol, etc) and they'd talk about how bad that was later, how they felt sorry for her sins, etc.

It wasn't till the first year of high school (when I interacted with openly gay folks regularly without the constant reminder from family and other friends) that I realized they were doing nothing wrong. I mean, I'd already started questioning my beliefs earlier than that, but I still parroted the lines, so to speak. I didn't openly leave the church until I graduated high school. Nine years later, I'm an atheist polyamorous man who wouldn't think twice about kissing a dude I found attractive.

We're all heavily influenced by their communities and peer groups. It takes a certain kind of stubbornness to tell your entire community to fuck off, essentially. Worst still, when you change your beliefs, you've got to admit that you were wrong. You've lost. Your identity, say, as a Christian, is under attack. Are you going to compromise that belief that forms a key part of your identity, or are you going to let go of your entire identity? For a lot of people, it's easier to just change their belief a little bit (by saying stuff like 'actually, God loves everyone, so we're fine with homosexuals') rather than throw away the entire identity.

Now imagine you live in a community where not being Christian might hurt your chances at finding a job or getting laid.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2016, 07:35:11 am »
+4
i didnt read any of the garbage in this thread but imo this is actually kind of a smart move on microsofts part. A lot of business professionals use linkedin to find jobs and stuff, and when they go on the market microsoft now essentially has first dibs on all of them. Marketers, programmers, you name it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2016, 07:39:03 am »
+2
ur all gay