Author Topic: Captain America Civil War  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Captain America Civil War
« on: April 10, 2016, 12:57:24 am »
So the only thing it seems the movie will have in common with the comic is the name and Captain America fighting Ironman. it seems the rosters for both sides are different, like Black Panther being on Caps side in the comic buts Ironmans in the movie, and Antman being on Ironmans side in the comic but Caps side in the movie. And Spiderman changing from Starks side to Rogers side. And Bucky Barnes not even in the comic whatsoever, kind of getting tired seeing that character to be honest.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
Re: Captain America Civil War
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 12:33:40 am »
Good movie, airport scene was better than I expected, my favourite Spiderman so far, like Black Panther, like nods to Civil War graphic novel but also how different the story was from it, liked Vision, liked Daniel Bruhl's character and the interpretation. Go see it Marvel fans!

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 03:44:35 am »
Yeah spiderman saved the movie. Finally a teenager spodermin.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 03:40:24 pm »
Yeah spiderman saved the movie. Finally a teenager spodermin.
They need to change name to spiderkid, as it seems they switch out the actor when they get too old.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 05:25:13 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Isn't he past his "origin story" at this point? He should be older for this part, if was a retelling of his origin then I could see it but it's not, he is now teaming up.

Edit: I would love to see this happen. http://nothingbutgeek.com/2016/04/could-a-deadpool-and-spider-man-team-up-happen/
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:38:03 pm by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 08:43:49 pm »
So, I watched this yesterday online and if the fight scenes weren't so good I wouldn't even bother watching it in cinema as the story was meh. But the fights make want to see them on bigscreen.  :P
PENDULUM

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 09:00:00 pm »
So, I watched this yesterday online and if the fight scenes weren't so good I wouldn't even bother watching it in cinema as the story was meh. But the fights make want to see them on bigscreen.  :P

Where'd you dun watch it?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 09:04:58 pm »
+1
Where'd you dun watch it?
(click to show/hide)
I didn't post it as a link so I hope I don get into trouble.
PENDULUM

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 09:07:03 pm »
(click to show/hide)
I didn't post it as a link so I hope I don get into trouble.

reported!

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 09:43:15 pm »
They need to finally make my movie 'The Last Spiderman' where they show historical depictions of Spidermen throughout history such as the Spidermen who fought at Thermopolae.

It will feature Toby Mcguire training the last Spiderman and feature such lines as 'Have you ever wondered why you've never seen an old Spiderman? This path will claim your life...'

The reasons this film needs to happen is because i'm sick of Spidey's origin story and i want to see an army of Spideys swinging into a row of Spartan spears during the film's intro, depicting history's greatest Spidermen (i need ancient webslinging action!!!). But tbh the way to make any superhero story fresh again when we've seen the origin story millions of times would be to set it *not* in modern day.

Will be watching Civil War on Monday, glad to hear they went for young Spidey

Yay!

Don't forget diversity!

The first spiderman needs to be blind visually impaired  indian south asian hindu polytheist crazy crossdresser transgendered paralyzed differently abled old hag with unique appearance and alternate age range!

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 05:32:03 pm »
They did crazy plot gymnastics. To be clear, the reason why Civil War didn't work as a plot (I realize that they're one of the best selling events and a lot of people like them) in the comics is because too many characters were forced to play roles that didn't suit them. This didn't have as much of an issue with that, and we had Black Widow playing audience with her constant 'wtf are you idiots doing'.

The camerawork stayed out of the way (neither a good or bad thing, just a thing), the choreography was great, and the acting was competent. Bruhl was as great as he is in everything. Rudd, Mackie, and Holland handled the comedy well. Rhodes could've had issues, but Cheadle pulled it off. Boseman and Renner gave their roles appropriate character. I was delighted by the domestic portrayal of Vision, since the current Vision comics are some of the best examples of the medium and genre.

The score lacked something, though.

I don't know why they didn't cast Olsen as Jessica Drew and give Scarlet Witch, if they had to have her, to, say, Isolda Dychauk. I do wonder how they're going to handle robosexuality.

Actually, that sums up the whole movie. It should've been a wreck. We should've had some Bryan Singer-esque guffaws, but they pulled it off. I'm firmly behind the Russo brothers, now. I mean, I loved Arrested Development and Community, but what the hell, they made a movie with a ridiculous amount of corporate entanglement and dozens of different branding interests work.