Author Topic: Is it just me or has this general off topic forum changed?  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2719
  • Infamy: 1685
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me or has this general off topic forum changed?
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2016, 10:07:16 pm »
Is this what feminism gets you? They replaced every male character from the team with a female character. If it was a sequel it would be fine but its a reboot. Also its funny that the trailer has more downvotes than upvotes on youtube.

Have no problem with four talented, good looking and funny actresses portraying scientists in Ghostbusters reboot. Bigger issue is why America finds Melissa McCarthy interesting? What makes feminism bad aren't ideas of equality but people who fight for that idea. People like Melissa McCarthy.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2016, 01:39:38 am »
+4
I think the niche subcultures that the silent majority of this forum draws from are given to truly caring about things that aren't Trump or Islam.

In the past, we had plenty of orderly, regular forum denizens for the trolls to troll.

How can the trolls troll when there's no one to troll but trolls, though?

It's a difficult job.

Even Xant has given up. His fingers keep typing, but the passion is gone. He's just doing it out of inertia, now.

We're like a dysfunctional family that's stopped arguing around holiday dinners because Aunt Jen (who really gave a shit about your opinions on things) died last year, and now we just text at the table. Sure, there's the occasional half hearted snipe or put down, but we know each other well enough to play the responses in our head, and that's enough, really. That's what family is about- learning not to give a shit about the other person's offensive worldviews and petty attempts at status through conflict.

Allow me to recapture some of that old magic. LESHMA, WHY WOULD YOU DISAGREE WITH MY CONCLUSION THAT SPY WAS A GREAT MOVIE. WHY?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2016, 01:59:29 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2016, 02:32:00 pm »
I think the niche subcultures that the silent majority of this forum draws from are given to truly caring about things that aren't Trump or Islam.

In the past, we had plenty of orderly, regular forum denizens for the trolls to troll.

How can the trolls troll when there's no one to troll but trolls, though?

It's a difficult job.

Even Xant has given up. His fingers keep typing, but the passion is gone. He's just doing it out of inertia, now.

We're like a dysfunctional family that's stopped arguing around holiday dinners because Aunt Jen (who really gave a shit about your opinions on things) died last year, and now we just text at the table. Sure, there's the occasional half hearted snipe or put down, but we know each other well enough to play the responses in our head, and that's enough, really. That's what family is about- learning not to give a shit about the other person's offensive worldviews and petty attempts at status through conflict.

Allow me to recapture some of that old magic. LESHMA, WHY WOULD YOU DISAGREE WITH MY CONCLUSION THAT SPY WAS A GREAT MOVIE. WHY?

That's exactly the way I summarized 700 pages of ukraine.