Author Topic: Kalam in EU  (Read 4758 times)

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
Kalam in EU
« on: January 15, 2016, 02:03:50 pm »
+3
Or really just Germany, next month. Maybe Ireland (because ryanair flights are cheap), Poland, Hungary, and Lithuania or something. I don't really know.

Convince me I should visit other places! Tell me what towns I should visit, where your favorite doner is, etc. Cheaper is better.

I'm looking for food, beer, and hiking spots. In that order. Historical infrastructure is a nice small bonus. Okay, I'd also be willing go a little out of my way to grab a beer with one of you.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 938
  • Infamy: 1218
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Kalam in EU
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 03:05:14 pm »
+1
Bavaria is great for hiking. Austria as well. Spain is the most beautiful country in whole Europe. Switzerland is like heaven on Earth.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 03:13:52 pm »
Really, anything that isn't too much on the east, or too poor like south Italy. I advice you to go to Netherlands, France, Great Britain (just don't try their regional food, who'd like to get poridge when you can taste normal food), Ireland is a good choice too, Spain and Portugal are good if you like spicy food, hot weather and beaches. If you're looking for hiking and beers/food, I'd advice Germany, France, Spain/Portugal, and the North of Great Britain.

If you are limited with your budget, check this site, and decide if it's worth or not to go somewhere (UK and Spain appear to be good deals).

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Europe/currency-value

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1028
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 03:16:59 pm »
+1
Islands ain't in Europe. Continental or bust. Also way, way too many ugly, inbred people live on those islands. Probably the reason why chadz choose Ireland, he wants to be the most handsome fellow in British Commonwealth.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 03:35:26 pm »
+1
If you decide to go to Hungary for some weird reason, make sure you don't go to a restaurant on VĂ¡ci utca, place is notorious for overcharging and tricking foreigners into paying more. Even with threats if they feel like it. Hell be careful in general, my fellow countrymen are like hyenas when they see a foreigner.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:21:13 am by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 831
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 03:45:01 pm »
Kalam you're from the States right? You know which European nation you originally came from?

Judging from the way he's moderating hardcore cynicism on forums, I say he's from Greece. Euro mods don't take it too well, bar Odin.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 04:09:11 pm »
Spain always nice. Prague or Budapest if you looking for something slightly more eastern (cheap as well). Avoid Scandinavia if you're on a budget, but go to Norway or Sweden if you want good hiking (if you have the clothes for the weather).

Copenhagen might be an alternative for city sightseeing, close to Germany yet very different (awesome city in general).
Monkeys!

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 04:25:17 pm »
Come to Bremen, Northern Germany...

http://imgur.com/a/bJCcK

If you actually will, send me a PM and I'll do the tour guide for you on a day or two :wink:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 04:33:58 pm »
+1
Karneval in cologne.  get drunk and party with two million people in the streets and in every pub or club. 

feb.4th is weiberfastnacht,  the official day of the year where it is mandatory for every girl to become a total slut, but in a good way.

rosenmontag on the 8th is the second best day. 

inbetween those dates you can either visit the festivals at all the small villiges around or visit historical sites which are all over the place.

I highly recommend a hike through the siebengibirge
(click to show/hide)
and visit a bunch of ruins,  even from the siegfried saga and snow white,  castles,  wwII ruins like a V1 launching site, old chocolate chip cookie bunkers,  weird ruined mansions in magical forests. in the winter,  if you are lucky,  you might even find ice forrests.

pics of places you can all visit in a one day march in the siebengebirge:

(click to show/hide)

alternativley you are welcome to visit me in my new home,  bavaria. but only if you are into snow,  we just got a lot of that.  I live just around the courner of newschwanstein

(click to show/hide)

also, germany and austria have a great tradition of drunk skiing and partying,  so you are welcome to join me in that as well ^^

last but not least,  I highly recomend sothern spain as well.  fly to malaga,  rent a motorbike and travel east : )
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:48:19 pm by Torben »
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 04:44:46 pm »
+1
Food, beer, hiking.

come to bavaria.

Edit cuz Cassis post:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:57:20 pm by BlackxBird »

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 04:50:19 pm »
+1
Everyone should tell in which country they have experience so far, otherwise all statements loose in validity somehow  :?

(click to show/hide)

Switzerland will empty your wallet within 1 day, sorry.
beer: czech republic by far (also very cheap)
food: france, germany
hiking: Austria, esp. Tirol (only in summer if you dont like hiking through 2 meters of snow)

worst experience overall I had in Italy, Croatia, Bosnia/Herzegovina and even Slowenia. Cant tell about the Rest of Europe
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 05:24:23 pm »
If you are into medival castles and scenery go for a tour along the midle rhine (looks weird. the german name is Mittelrhein) It is a part of one of europes major rivers beautifully carved into the land. you find castles (ruins to undestructed&renovated )every few kilometers and it is home to some of europes best wineyards. So don't forget to get into one of the many winepubs.
Apart from that just go to spain. enjoy the sun,friendly people, and the awesome tappas you get with your beer.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 2430
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 05:30:32 pm »
+2
bunch of useful info

German girls being sluts, snow white raped and murdered... remind me again, why do you blame immigrants?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 679
  • Infamy: 1565
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 05:35:14 pm »
Food:
Germany, czech

Pretzels and sauerkraut, are you fucking kidding me? And I do not like bratwurst. Turkish cuisine beats German national dishes by a long mile. Dunno how you guys get fat, too much ketchup or something vile like that?

Know nothing about Czech food tbh, probably some mix between German and southern Slav food (basically Turkish/Lebanese mix of dishes, tasty oriental stuff).

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 05:43:08 pm »
Pretzels and sauerkraut, are you fucking kidding me? And I do not like bratwurst. Turkish cuisine beats German national dishes by a long mile. Dunno how you guys get fat, too much ketchup or something vile like that?

Know nothing about Czech food tbh, probably some mix between German and southern Slav food (basically Turkish/Lebanese mix of dishes, tasty oriental stuff).

that's my opinion :o I tried turkish pretty often, one of my best friends is one and they eat pretty much only traditionally turkish at home. Never liked it more than what my mom or my grannys cooked