Author Topic: Kalam in EU  (Read 4791 times)

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
Re: Kalam in EU
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2016, 01:51:38 am »
+1
So before this, I had no idea what to do because I had no idea where to find information without using Google Translate. Now...well, now I've got a lot of information to process. Whatever happens, I start in Rheinland and will be in Berlin on 20 Feb, if that helps with any suggestions. I'm going to go look at train tickets and then come back here with a proposed plan, if you guys don't mind.

In regards to food, I'll mostly be looking for street food and whatever locals eat with some regularity that isn't an international franchise, etc.

@Panos: I'm not opposed to a retsina. I didn't even consider Greece before, but I guess that's why I made this thread. Will see if I can fit it in.

@Heskey: Definitely considering Glasgow, at least.

@Thomek: Cadaques seems great. Transportation requires further research, though Poland and Prague seem more likely at the moment.

@Christo: Thanks for the warning!

@Jacko: Yeah, Scandinavia seems out of my budget.

@Torben: I may be there by the 8th. We'll see.

@BlackxBird: I'll probably visit Bavaria.

@Utrakil: Will consider the river and winepubs thing!

@Cassi: Czech looks like it's getting higher on my list.

@Kafein: Will do if I find myself in Belgium.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2016, 02:07:05 am »
+1
Ok so if you will start in Berlin, you can either go south or east.  :)  Do you know for how many weeks you plan to travel?

I'd say the south route have more to offer:

Berlin Epic city
(Wroclaw?) Epic city
Prague Epic city
(Brno?) ??
Vienna Epic city
Budapest Supposedly nice.  (Touristic, so should be able to find cheap flights to most destinations.. Check though)

East is:
Berlin Epic city
Wroclaw Epic city
(Lodz! Kurwa come visit me, but only after 23 of February, got exam! ;D)
Warsaw Blargh, but theres nowhere else to stop.
Vilnius Very beautiful, cheap small city. (I suggest you might want to catch a cheap flight from here to somewhere else. Maybe to Barcelona or smth? Then bus (or expensive supertrains) north, through France and Paris and I guess you might return from Netherlands.)
MINSK The horror! Might be expensive to get out of it, might need Belorussian visa, idk. But you will get to experience the hardcore eastern europe. Don't flaunt your american-ness!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2016, 02:13:50 am »
Agreed with Thomek, everything eastern to Poland, Czech Republik, Hungary etc will try to kill your american-ass (jk) and most do not speak english at all, maybe Serr wants to comment about this here  :lol:  (if iirc hes Ukrainian)
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Yuang

• Marshall
  • Renown: 788
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • I love you all
    • View Profile
    • 汉云工作室
  • Faction: Nothing
  • Game nicks: TangSanZang
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2016, 02:16:19 am »
+12
Oh, God! I learned a lot of knowledge. I also desire to travel, to Europe, or to the United States. But I know that the Chinese people may not be popular with the west, although I am an cultured Chinese, this is the fucking fuck! The most important is that I dont have a lot of time and money. So, I travel in the following ways:

Euro Truck Simulator 2
OR
1257AD

Oh yeah! :mrgreen:

I'm who I am, a firework of larruping color.
My time is seven hours earlier than the forum.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1308
  • Infamy: 797
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2016, 02:35:39 am »
Don't go to Minsk. That's still old commie country with dictator who's ruling for over 20 years. It's like what Yugoslavia used to be under Milosevic. It is the last Soviet country.

Also you need to know that bigger European cities are too big for quick tours. For example, you need at least few weeks of outdoor activity to see everything Vienna has to offer. I was there for 10 days, free as a bird and barely scratched the surfrace.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 713
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2016, 02:38:47 am »
But I know that the Chinese people may not be popular with the west

They don't give a fuck. Ton of Chinese people living in big western cities, millions of Chinese tourists visiting those cities throughout the year. Another thing, people who live in big European cities tend to mind their own business to the point where you can walk naked and no one would look in your direction.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2016, 03:17:45 am »
+2
http://i.imgur.com/FMRiwXD.jpg

You should go watch some German protests.

But I know that the Chinese people may not be popular with the west

There's no negative stigma attached to the Chinese/Japanese in the West.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2016, 11:17:41 am »
@Torben: I may be there by the 8th. We'll see.

cologne is on one end of the rheinvalley considering the things that interest you, south of that is bonn with said siebengebirge,  and if you go south from there it just goes on and on.

pmed you my fb info, in case you make it to cologne earlier.  I will be leaving for bavaria on seventh again,  and can give you a ride if you like
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2016, 11:21:12 am »
http://i.imgur.com/FMRiwXD.jpg

I love Milo Moiré. Never quite know what she is protesting about cause them breasts are so damn fine.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2016, 12:43:09 pm »
Amsterdam (always a fun place), Paris (must see), Rome (city with lot's of history).

I'd avoid southern Europe (off season), eastern Europe (cold and boring this time of year, by east I mean east of Czech, central Europe is nice, Prague, Vienna, Budapest)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 12:47:00 pm by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2016, 12:50:21 pm »
+1
I love Milo Moiré. Never quite know what she is protesting about cause them breasts are so damn fine.

Isn't she supposed to be some "art" performer? Very nice looking, indeed, but kinda retarded as well. Not that I complain  :wink:

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2016, 12:57:59 pm »
Dayum... I bet it costs 80€ to just get in there.  :lol:

Why would it cost that much? Doesn't look any special. http://www.czerwonywieprz.pl/en  One of the coolest restaurants in Warsaw and it's pretty hard to spend there more than 25 euro per person.

The only Polish cities worth visiting are in order: Wroclaw, Krakow, and maybe Warsaw, but I don't like Warsaw..

You prick!  :evil:

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2016, 01:28:26 pm »
Prague, Vienna, Budapest, can't go wrong with either, and will probably give you most value as far as sightseeing goes (plenty of good beer and food to be had in all of them).

As for hiking.. what kind of hiking are you looking for?
Monkeys!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2397
  • Infamy: 399
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2016, 02:07:49 pm »
Isn't she supposed to be some "art" performer? Very nice looking, indeed, but kinda retarded as well. Not that I complain  :wink:

Fake tits. Seems to me like typical case of exhibitionist who found a way to get naked in public without being persecuted. You can call it art or protesting, if you like.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2016, 03:41:50 pm »
I think you should decide if you want to make a beer/food/city/historic sights trip or a hiking trip.

For the first part I'd say the nicest city is Prague and/or Istanbul (at least for me)
Prague has cheap and extremely good beer/food atop of that, Istanbul has different cultural experience (I'm not sure how is the situation there now with all the refugees etc. though).

For hiking just save up time and go to Nepal, its extremely cheap, the only thing you need is to get a reasonably priced flight ticket. 14 days there is cheaper and better than 14 days on vacation in lets say France, but you should definitely go for longer time. Its once in a lifetime experience (unless you go there multiple times of course ^^)
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!