Author Topic: Lol Ronda Rousey got knocked the fuck out and lost  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Lol Ronda Rousey got knocked the fuck out and lost
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2016, 05:23:19 pm »
Yes, she said that, but obviously somewhere along the line she started drinking her own Kool Aid, as evident from her actions.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2016, 06:18:28 pm »
To be fair, there is a different interview out there where she says "This is a business and I do everything to deliver my part. It's a huge show and everyone in UFC is doing their part. I am the best paid female fighter for a reason."

It kinda is a bit like WWE and the likes in that regard. They're actors to some degree...

I guess Holly Holm and Conor McGregor went off script then.  The only way mma is like wwe is that half naked people touch each other.  No one is acting inside an mma ring.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2016, 06:23:30 pm »
It's because the Americans love WWE and loved it during Hulk Hogan's Era and Steve Austin/The Rock's era in the 90s and now want it back but with real, non fake fighting. That's why these trashtalking douchebags like Conor McGregor, Brock Lesnar, Ronda Rousey etc.. are so popular. OneFC is way better. Bellator is also good but they're kinda going the WWE route as well. Rizin is also something to watch.

And Ronda fell for her own hype and acted like a bitch and got knocked out like a bitch. Had she been humble the loss wouldn't have felt so bad.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:38:28 pm by LordBerenger »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2016, 07:31:12 pm »
I guess Holly Holm and Conor McGregor went off script then.  The only way mma is like wwe is that half naked people touch each other.  No one is acting inside an mma ring.
I didn't mean the fights itself but the smack talk and entertainment around the fights...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2016, 01:14:09 am »
+1
I didn't mean the fights itself but the smack talk and entertainment around the fights...

Yes, you're right from that standpoint.  I'll bet it's always been that way with any human activity.  Muhammad Ali was a prime trash talker.  I'm sure Hector and Achilles talked smack at Troy. :D