Author Topic: Fear the walking dead!  (Read 948 times)

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
Fear the walking dead!
« on: August 25, 2015, 01:41:41 pm »
+2
"What did the world look like as it was transforming into the horrifying apocalypse depicted in "The Walking Dead"? This spin-off set in Los Angeles, following new characters as they face the beginning of the end of the world, will answer that question." (IMDb)

I usually like all the "how all began" stories... when at least some things were normal.

Watched the first Episode yesterday and was quite surprised. It's a lot more interesting than "the walking dead". The actors are more believable. And even Barrack Obama and Kumar got a role.

Though it might start a bit "boring" for some ppl, this might just become an intersting new series.

Discuss!

"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: Fear the walking dead!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 01:48:53 pm »
have not seen yet the show but I'm afraid will become a

Do you think I'm fat? and you think I'm a bad mother? do you like another? You did not ruin our family? psl save dat kitten!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 01:51:01 pm »
+1
First episode, 2 black people already dead, classic Walking Dead :D

For me it's too soon to talk, it feels like it has potential, but we'll see. Actors seem decent enough. I wonder how they're gonna drag the story though, since the description implies it's gonna end when the zeds take over.

pogosan

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 02:34:42 pm »
+1

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
  • Renown: 318
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Merrrrrica
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 03:45:26 pm »
Fear of the walking dead actually made me jump once or twice. TWD has never done that in all their seasons!
Deserter_Merrrrrica

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 04:46:32 pm »
Gotta milk the whole zombie thing till the last drop!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 04:49:11 pm »
+3
Fear of the walking dead actually made me jump once or twice. TWD has never done that in all their seasons!
Jumpscares aren't necessarily a sign of directive brilliance, in fact I would personally argue the opposite.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 05:00:32 pm »

Absolutely. Cus in this case zombiism collides with the normal. Making it by far more threatening...

Damn zombies in twd are boring. Plus, having trouble with em always has the same outcome: someone gets bitten, then killed in 10 minutes of drama shots (for main chars) or just eaten (for other ppl).

Which rly pissed me off on twd is the fact that it seems like only the dumbest of ppl survived.. Like the one standing in the woods SCREAMING for help... Instead of just running away from those ultraslow casting zombies...

I guess it just feels good to have a more authentic setting.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
  • Renown: 318
  • Infamy: 104
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Merrrrrica
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 06:30:02 pm »
Jumpscares aren't necessarily a sign of directive brilliance, in fact I would personally argue the opposite.

Directive brilliance? No one is talking about that. Just good ol fashion "oh shit" moment. Does not happen to often for a manly man like me so I take notice when it happens. Just relaxing and not wanting anything too serious for a while because life is serious enough right? And all of a sudden BAM, I jump like a little girl. Good stuff.
Deserter_Merrrrrica

pogosan

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 06:36:31 pm »

Offline Xesta

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Known as the best player of cRPG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 06:46:31 pm »
I kinda like TWD but the series is lacking some sense. Thing is if you get bitten you do not die by the virus, in fact you die by the infection you get from it because their immunity system went to shit when the outbreak started (ALSO MAKES NO SENSE FOR ME CUS THEN EVERYONE WOULD DIE BY FEVER). Creator of TWD already stated that's the case.

But yeah, the spin off looks pretty good. Definitely gonna watch that.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:51:44 pm by Xesta »
Xesta you dumb fuck it all started because of you.Everyone i know in this server hates u pimple faced fuck.Go find someone else to pull your nipples,spit your face and tell how stupid you are i'm done with you.I'LL KEBAP YOUR ASS ON MY SHISH I'LL TURN FACE HOLES INTO A SPERM SPLATTER TO GROW FETUS IN UR MOMS UTERUS

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 01:26:33 am »
+1
Just saw the first episode however didn't see any scene worth giving a jump scare dunno.

Anyway... So far at least, the story seems like the same old cliché with "If there would be a virus the government wouldn't hide it from us" bullshit. This is in almost all zombie series I've seen and it really makes it start badly on how clueless people are. I won't dismiss it for now since it's only one episode and I enjoy zombie themed series, but this first episode didn't seem that amazing.

I'll be looking forward to what's next maybe it gets more intriguing.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 09:14:46 am »
The first episode was pretty good, had a few jump scares. I live in LA so it's always kinda fun to see familiar locations too.

Also the actor who plays Nick (the junkie) is the son of Stephen Dillane aka Stannis from Game of Thrones.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2555
  • Infamy: 2191
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 01:09:44 pm »
This is about zombie outbreak, isn't it? Asking because that is the main reason I started watching The Strain, before it became fantasy show about vampires and some old revenge.

Searching for a proper depiction of zombie outbreak, from first victim to complete mayhem. Most movies and TV shows come short on that front.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 01:24:17 pm »
+1
This is about zombie outbreak, isn't it? Asking because that is the main reason I started watching The Strain, before it became fantasy show about vampires and some old revenge.

Searching for a proper depiction of zombie outbreak, from first victim to complete mayhem. Most movies and TV shows come short on that front.

yes