Author Topic: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?  (Read 23898 times)

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
Re: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?
« Reply #210 on: April 14, 2015, 04:16:06 pm »
+1
hell, he even dropped the xchg8b.
That was the best part of his name though  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 482
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 14, 2015, 05:29:18 pm »
Yes, it was the classic "can I speak to the manager".

We do, it's Nessaj.
Unless by "head of PR" you mean the guy who sugarcoats facts and lies to customers to keep them content while everybody else is being censored, in which case we don't (this is not Ubisoft or EA).

I think that doesn't really make you a modder either, just someone who tinkered with the Module System for a couple hours.
Game developer doesn't necessarily mean somebody who does mindblowing stuff, though. There are game developers with their games on Steam who did everything with GameMaker or other similar premade engines.

So if Nessaj is the Head of PR Operations why are you even here answering all those questions?

Why Nessaj is not here answering to the ''consumers'' ?

I told you before and i will say it to you again. Start acting like a developer and not as a modder. Meaning start acting like a professional and not like someone doing his hobby.Calling people dumb or implying that they are is not the smartest thing you can do at the time being. Commenting to the Crpg community that the reason that kickstarter failed was because you focused to much on the Crpg community is... I dont even want to describe what that this.

The more people you talk Supreme Overlord the more people are you goin to insult or try to insult

And one last thing. Trying to prove to ''us'' that a game developer=mod developer is a proof that you have bad PR skills.

Now go and do your job as a ''game developer'' and bring the Head of PR Operations here . We will exchange love with him and we will hype your project so YOU can be rich

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 14, 2015, 05:32:59 pm »
+7
So, what RasFrenzyy is saying, as far as i can gather, is that cmp should ignore him.

I'm too used to this kind of stuff to facepalm.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 14, 2015, 05:43:23 pm »
+4
So if Nessaj is the Head of PR Operations why are you even here answering all those questions?

The more people you talk Supreme Overlord the more people are you goin to insult or try to insult

And one last thing. Trying to prove to ''us'' that a game developer=mod developer is a proof that you have bad PR skills.

Now go and do your job as a ''game developer'' and bring the Head of PR Operations here . We will exchange love with him and we will hype your project so YOU can be rich

Yea, cmp! How dare you talk to him, the future investor like that. How dare you talk to us at all. You dont own the title of "Head of PR Operations", thereby you have no right to talk to any of us. At this rate, im gonna take my massive funds of ~20€ I got from my mom and take it elsewhere.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #214 on: April 14, 2015, 05:45:03 pm »
+7
So, what RasFrenzyy is saying, as far as i can gather, is that cmp should ignore him.

And then he gets mad when I do. :lol:

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #215 on: April 14, 2015, 05:46:47 pm »

Why Nessaj is not here answering to the ''consumers'' ?

I told you before and i will say it to you again. Start acting like a developer and not as a modder. Meaning start acting like a professional and not like someone doing his hobby.Calling people dumb or implying that they are is not the smartest thing you can do at the time being. Commenting to the Crpg community that the reason that kickstarter failed was because you focused to much on the Crpg community is... I dont even want to describe what that this.

Don't even know where to start answering to that post... Firstly he never said mod dev = game dev. He said mod dev = dev and game dev = dev. Strictly relating how both are just developers at the end of the day. High level mod development doesn't seem to get appreciated enough here either since people think it takes 1 or 2 hours to "fix" a patch like the current one...

I can't... Just shut up. I just realized I'm getting face cancer for facepalming too hard while reading your post again when I'm answering to it...

cmp should ignore him.

He was doing pretty good job at that at first :D.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 14, 2015, 05:52:47 pm »
+2
Firstly he never said mod dev = game dev. He said mod dev = dev and game dev = dev. Strictly relating how both are just developers at the end of the day. High level mod development doesn't seem to get appreciated enough here either since people think it takes 1 or 2 hours to "fix" a patch like the current one...

Actually I said that a modder can be a game developer too, but your point still stands. Either way, by developer he means professional game studio employee or something like that, so he's really just misusing the term.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2015, 06:01:55 pm »
Actually I said that a modder can be a game developer too, but your point still stands. Either way, by developer he means professional game studio employee or something like that, so he's really just misusing the term.

Oh... Yes that too. My point was that fundamentally those 2 aren't that different when looking at what you actually do (forgetting all the outside bs).

Mixing that thinking with an image of a corporate big studio game developer is missing the point.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2015, 08:40:02 pm »
+1
Crpg community these days is just full of cunts, all the cool, interesting or funny people left ages ago. Anyone who disagrees should just read through this thread again.

I still like most people here :C Allthough many people i liked have left too. RIP glory days, i hope we will see the masses return for M:BG, "Oh there's that guy, i remember him playing X class!"

Damnit nostalgia, not now, please stahp.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 482
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2015, 08:58:49 pm »
+1
And then he gets mad when I do. :lol:

I dint get mad Supreme Overlord. You are always make your own conclusions which is fine.

You are the one that felt that passive aggressive threat that is a classic ''Bring me the manager'' syndrome as you said.

As i can see you dont  handle criticism well.

Other mods from other titles are thriving like project reality. after all those years. more than 500 players. The devs never had that kind of attitude. But in this forum is an insult fest.Always was.

And at the most crucial time of your project your mod died. And you still cant understand why.

I really hope you guys succeed . I wish you good luck. You are goin to need it because the competition is ruthless. I hope you are watching every video every post every little detail from Warhorse Studios.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2015, 09:21:35 pm »
But in this forum is an insult fest.

I had to read this three times and double check your username for good measure. Wow, just wow.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2015, 10:10:25 pm »
shandala mhandalaaaaaa BEGONE

...did... did it work?

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2015, 10:15:29 pm »
shandala mhandalaaaaaa BEGONE

...did... did it work?

nope the mod still has 10 players

calm yer tits mods
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:29:03 pm by lombardsoup »

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2015, 11:22:52 pm »
troll summons, confirmed working

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2015, 11:28:42 pm »
+1
troll summons, confirmed working

Now finish the job and exorcise