Author Topic: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?  (Read 23918 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?
« Reply #195 on: April 14, 2015, 02:00:10 pm »
+3
There were some valid criticisms and actual discussions at the beginning, but now, basically this has become "I want to bitch at M:BG devs", the thread.

ugh.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #196 on: April 14, 2015, 02:06:59 pm »
+2
I think if u leave c-rpg like this, ppl will stop playing c-rpg (well kinda 90 % allready did).
That's somehow no problem, cuz u guys develop Battlegrounds, which will be even better than c-rpg ever was. BUT: You won't get players playing the new game. Some said when they left c-rpg they'll come back with battlegrounds, cuz c-rpg became too buggy and too unbalanced to play, but will they really all come back after a break of like 1-2 years?
It's just no fun anymore :'(. The community will continue dying the next time and eventually when bannlords is ready to play, EU1 will be a seocond duel server...
I really love playing this game, but:
Battle: Shit blanace (for example 1 vs 48?!?!?!). 86 hp and full plate can be destroied by 6 throwing daggers in the stomach. Every second player on the server is hardcore-agi my old friend playing low armor. Kinda no admins are playing (But patoson)
Siege: Fips new map which is totally bugged (Can't even spawn as defender at the last flag, conquest maps with 5 vs 5.

PS: How did u expect getting the 200 active players every day you were talking about, when not even 100 are playing the free version?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 02:10:03 pm by BlackxBird »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2015, 02:08:49 pm »
+1
There were some valid criticisms and actual discussions at the beginning, but now, basically this has become "I want to bitch at M:BG devs", the thread.

ugh.

In all fairness what did you expect from melee forums? Any thread that goes beyond 10 pages turns into a steaming pile of venom and shit.
Turtles

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2015, 02:10:47 pm »
+7
Passive aggressive Threat?

Do you really believe that i am threatening you?

Yes, it was the classic "can I speak to the manager".

I am making this question because i  believe you dont have one.

We do, it's Nessaj.
Unless by "head of PR" you mean the guy who sugarcoats facts and lies to customers to keep them content while everybody else is being censored, in which case we don't (this is not Ubisoft or EA).

mod developer and game developer are not the same things imo, unless u add some gamebreaking ,mindblowing stuff with the mod .. Just changing a few animations, models adding items on something thats already made, doesnt make u a game developer

I think that doesn't really make you a modder either, just someone who tinkered with the Module System for a couple hours.
Game developer doesn't necessarily mean somebody who does mindblowing stuff, though. There are game developers with their games on Steam who did everything with GameMaker or other similar premade engines.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 14, 2015, 02:40:05 pm »
+12
Ok I tried to read through this mess of tears and useless drivel about a FREE MOTHERFUCKING MOD that people think is somehow going to afFect a game that hasn't even RElEased yet, nor is in any way, shape, or forM cRPG2. Yes, sOme helmets still Don't work, yes there are no pictures FoR somE nEw iteMs On website, yes the moD is almost(?) 5 years old at this point, yes you're completely retarded. AFteR this long, I'm shockEd anything at all is still happEning with this gaMe. I hOp on for an hour or two here anD there just to see what the Fuss is all about, then I stumble in heRE and just scratch my hEad. You fucking cry baby whiners coMplain sO much and feel so much self entitlement to a FREE MOD that woulDn't even exist iF chadz and co. hadn't done anything in the fiRst placE. InstEad of being thankful for the years of fun you got out of it, you ungrateful little shits Make 10 milliOn threaDs about what's wrong with the game. Granted, there are some things wrong with the mod but that happens when community people get involved with a mod that someone else created. IF I weRE chadz and co. I'd havE released a patch right before MBG develOpment began and that woulD've been that. The amount you people complain; I'm surprised they haven't pulled the plug on the servers.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(click to show/hide)

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #200 on: April 14, 2015, 03:02:50 pm »
+5
cmp you unsocial bastard, I've always been your biggest fan, and always wanted to support you. During your campaign on kickstarter I even did this: http://www.melee.org.pl/

What's more, I did full Polish version of your entire kickstarter campaign, including missing subtitles for movies. I commissioned it in a professional translation agency and paid.

You can't accuse me of evil will. I even told you that I can consider investing 100 000 € in your project. Communication with you is just  :rolleyes:

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 14, 2015, 03:06:07 pm »
Hey, everyone has a way of releasing their tension from their daily struggles.
I guess for some, it means to trash talk and act like dicks in a video game forum, while ignoring the fact that this might be of great prejudice to others.

Carry on.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1661
  • Infamy: 51
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 14, 2015, 03:09:42 pm »
I guess for some, it means to trash talk and act like dicks in a video game forum, while ignoring the fact that this might be of great prejudice to others.

As I already said on EU1, the day government pass the law where we are held responsible for things we say on internet will be the day I'll start being nice to internet people. Until then...

...carry on.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #203 on: April 14, 2015, 03:33:55 pm »
+2
You can't accuse me of evil will.

Err, what did I do to you now?

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #204 on: April 14, 2015, 03:38:52 pm »
+9
Crpg community these days is just full of cunts, all the cool, interesting or funny people left ages ago. Anyone who disagrees should just read through this thread again.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 14, 2015, 03:43:51 pm »
+8
You newmy old friends must not remember cmp's record of communicating with the community, he has been extremely civil and forthcoming in this thread so far compared to his old standards. Seems to me he has stepped up from being a "modder" already, hell, he even dropped the xchg8b.

Do you really believe that i am threatening you?
Do you really believe everybody autoblocks?

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2015, 03:54:22 pm »
+8
I guess the professional thing to do is to hire/assign a PR person to do all interactive communications with community. How many games have actual devs interacting like we do? Perhaps this is why they don't?  :?

It's as simple as this:

There's no time for cRPG for original cRPG devs unfortunately, to play it or to develop it, but they have practically given it away to the community as far as is responsible.

Really, it's up to the community, those who are left, what to do with cRPG and where to take it. If you want to rework all stats, give it a reboot, or just fix bugs and fine tune, that's all possible. If you want to launch a major campaign to get players again, then do so. If you want to elect or choose a cRPG president, responsible for all things cRPG, then do so. cRPG lives and dies on your initiative. Anyone can be an item manager, map maker, or balancer.

Right now, chadz still needs to be the one pushing the patch button, because it's a very complicated process with years of code and tricks to transform warband into cRPG. If some person who has proven to be dedicated, serious, dependable and knowledgeable should show up, then there's no doubt in my mind that even the patch process can be handed over.

So dear friends and community, it's all really up to you now.

Just remember: cRPG has always offered possibilities and positions to those who DO things. Not necessarily those who are the loudest. I was very loud for a very long time, but why I'm here now is because I made a little video that chadz liked. Not because of my literally countless buff katana threads.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:59:49 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1017
  • Infamy: 1496
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 14, 2015, 03:55:38 pm »
+1
Crpg community these days is just full of cunts, all the cool, interesting or funny people left ages ago.

Disagree on that. Forums maybe, but there's like 20 people who post here (including me). Ingame situation is a lot better.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #208 on: April 14, 2015, 04:00:45 pm »
+1
Disagree on that. Forums maybe, but there's like 20 people who post here (including me). Ingame situation is a lot better.

For me it was always a package, forum + in game. You get to know a lot more about a person on forums then u do in game.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #209 on: April 14, 2015, 04:02:57 pm »
+5
Yeah as I've said before, the great appeal for me with cRPG is the personal aspect. You fight in forums and in game too! :D

You recognize people on the battlefield.. learn their personal traits and style of fighting. It take everything to a new level. No other mp game I know offers the same.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.