Author Topic: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?  (Read 23539 times)

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
M:BG - "100% independent game being developed as the spiritual sequel to the popular Mount & Blade Warband mod cRPG"

Your words. As I understand this, cRPG is like your business card, so if it looks like shit (and it looks like shit because of last neglect) people think that your new project will also be a shit. Simple? Simple.

Excuses are irrelevant. It looks like a visit in service point, where you hear that you have to buy a new model in undefined future or fuck off because warranty and post-warranty repairs are impossible. Morons also don't grow on trees.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 04:38:27 pm »
+7
So what you suggest they should do? I for one don't want them to further delay development of M:BG because of crpg, would be wasted time.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 04:41:22 pm »
+5
So what you suggest they should do?

fix

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 05:01:22 pm »
+15
Time is a limited resource, and we chose to allocate all of our time to developing M:BG. Simple.

Excuses are irrelevant. It looks like a visit in service point, where you hear that you have to buy a new model in undefined future or fuck off because warranty and post-warranty repairs are impossible. Morons also don't grow on trees.

This wins the "dumbest comparison of the day award" hands down. cRPG is a free mod that we developed with our own time and money. You are entitled to NOTHING.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 05:17:13 pm »
+10
Time is a limited resource, and we chose to allocate all of our time to developing M:BG. Simple.

This wins the "dumbest comparison of the day award" hands down. cRPG is a free mod that we developed with our own time and money. You are entitled to NOTHING.

Truth. But that doesn't mean its worth creating enemies out of your own fanbase with that attitude. People will look at what you do with your current game and extend those opinions to their expectations for a sequel. I appreciate having patches still but when a huge issue crops up I do think its worth hotfixing it just to keep good relations with your current player base. Team balances fires every single round in battle and you can end up with 10 vs 20 players etc because it is completely broken. Its actually worth just going full krems mode because the game will actually make the enemy weaker every round until you have a huge stack of players

Anyway, its not a demand, just cRPG is hardly playable on battle atm
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 05:21:00 pm »
+17
To answer your question directly: Because M:BG does everything cRPG does, just better. Why would we continue developing the predecessor if M:BG will be better in every single way? Especially if continuing work on cRPG might mean that M:BG will not get finished?

M:BG will render cRPG obsolete.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 05:30:06 pm »
+11
Truth. But that doesn't mean its worth creating enemies out of your own fanbase with that attitude. People will look at what you do with your current game and extend those opinions to their expectations for a sequel.

I'm sure most of our fanbase understands that this is the best way to go, by far. Some won't, but that's a price we have to pay.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 05:35:49 pm »
+5
I'm sure most of our fanbase understands that this is the best way to go, by far. Some won't, but that's a price we have to pay.

Was mostly commenting on the tone of your post and effectively calling him dumb

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 05:36:40 pm »
The main problem people like me and Harpag see is how broken cRPG currently is, we dont want new stuff, a re-patch to pre-tydeus where items werent completly broken and balance was fine would probably everything we would ever ask for.
M:BG will render cRPG obsolete.
I hope so, but till then, can we at least still try and have some fun with it...?
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:42:08 pm by Krex »
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 05:43:22 pm »
+13
Original Donkey Crew has long since handed the reins over cRPG to community volunteers. It is they, that are the ones doing any work on c-RPG right now and it is up to them to fix the bugs they have created. Complaining to M:BG devs about state of c-RPG makes little sense.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 05:48:15 pm »
+1
Original Donkey Crew has long since handed the reins over cRPG to community volunteers. It is they, that are the ones doing any work on c-RPG right now and it is up to them to fix the bugs they have created. Complaining to M:BG devs about state of c-RPG makes little sense.

Guess so, but what if those devs are awol? Don't think its fair to take over M:BG side of the forum with cRPG complaints but as far as I can tell no one has posted about fixing battle yet so its leaked over here. Inflammatory posts from M:BG devs don't help though

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 05:49:53 pm »
+1
Was mostly commenting on the tone of your post and effectively calling him dumb

Then you might wanna read that again, because calling a comparison dumb is very different from calling a person dumb.

The main problem people like me and Harpag see is how broken cRPG currently is, we dont want new stuff, a re-patch to pre-tydeus where items werent completly broken and balance was fine would probably everything we would ever ask for.I hope so, but till then, can we at least still try and have some fun with it...?
(click to show/hide)

Sure, but that's something that falls under the responsibility of the developers currently maintaining cRPG, so there is no point in asking it in relation to M:BG.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 05:52:00 pm »
+25
Then there needs to be a method for communicating with the new cRPG development staff; at the moment their silence is palpable and it is quite clearly damaging the reputation of the dev team.  I appreciate that the Donkey Crew are working on M:BG but this is your legacy and still going to be a first port of call for people who are interested in Melee.  You really should get the cRPG managers to get their shit together and patch the game as it is currently riddled with what seem  to be fairly easy to fix bugs (headless characters, floating helmets, invisible textures etc.)

As i said the easiest thing to do is ensure that whoever is now heading up the cRPG development opens up some for of communication with the community, and if no-one is heading up the cRPG team then we should look for someone who can.

Sure, but that's something that falls under the responsibility of the developers currently maintaining cRPG, so there is no point in asking it in relation to M:BG.

Telling people that the current state of cRPG is nothing to do with you and people thinking that are two very different things. I fully understand that you guys are not involved with its ongoing development (thank god you have better things to do) however the mod is still your legacy and as far as the marketing and credits go for it you guys are still very visibly the creators.
Turtles

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 05:53:01 pm »
+3
Complaining to M:BG devs about state of c-RPG makes little sense.

It does make sense, since devs still are the supreme rulers of the crpg.

The problem is that both parties are right here. Devs want to put time and effort to M:BG. Fair enough. But since the main source of suuport for M:BG is THIS community, lost of polularity of crpg is detrimental to M:BG. Less people play crpg - less will play M:BG. Some will come back, obviously, but not all. So complaining (not demanding CMP, it is just your perception, very personal for obvious reason, but therefore biased) is fair too.

Neglecting crpg dicourages people to play it = less new players; less current players = less people moving swiftly to M:BG. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:56:55 pm by Erasmas »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 05:54:14 pm »
Then you might wanna read that again, because calling a comparison dumb is very different from calling a person dumb.

If someone has a dumb opinion it reflects negatively on them as a person, wouldn't you say? You might as well be calling him dumb, but w/e