Author Topic: Good bye C-rpg from your Miserable_Olb_Bastard  (Read 3739 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: Good bye C-rpg from your Miserable_Olb_Bastard
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2014, 09:14:25 pm »
+1
What is the difference between playing well with +3 weapons/armor and playing well because you are slightly stronger than most?

Extra 2 PS is like 4-6 extra damage, twice the effect of a +3 weapon. 2 athletics allows you to wear an extra 10 weight of armor and move at the same speed. +10 weight of armor exceeds the value of quite a few looms all at once.

The 6 level difference of 30 to 36 has been reduced to a 3 level difference of 35 to 38 which still gives a sizable advantage. It's a far better solution than decreasing veterans' levels, which would've been a true "fuck you." In fact, all veterans should have received at least 1-2 extra levels with new potential builds available to them, along with the forever-requested ability to easily respec. Training lessons that end in a few days are going for pennies right now.

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2014, 09:21:11 pm »
+1
you're no different than bicep

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2014, 09:28:02 pm »
Extra 2 PS is like 4-6 extra damage, twice the effect of a +3 weapon. 2 athletics allows you to wear an extra 10 weight of armor and move at the same speed. +10 weight of armor exceeds the value of quite a few looms all at once.

The 6 level difference of 30 to 36 has been reduced to a 3 level difference of 35 to 38 which still gives a sizable advantage. It's a far better solution than decreasing veterans' levels, which would've been a true "fuck you." In fact, all veterans should have received at least 1-2 extra levels with new potential builds available to them, along with the forever-requested ability to easily respec. Training lessons that end in a few days are going for pennies right now.

Thanks for that well-formulated explanation.  I can see how being a higher level actually overshadows MW equipment in a lot of ways and I admit that significantly cheaper respecs are a god-send; something the mod definitely needed.  But in a lot of ways I'm still convinced the patch was overkill and I don't like it but I'm starting to accept it
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:35:56 pm by gallonigher »

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2014, 09:30:14 pm »
*double post* shit pc
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:34:10 pm by gallonigher »

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2014, 09:30:36 pm »
High-level builds were a cancer that was killing this game for a long time now. Most multiplayer RPGs have level caps to prevent veteran players from completely dominating the general playerbase. +3 items are at least reasonably easy to get for the average player, but playing long enough to reach a 34/35/36 build puts new players (not even noobs, maybe just folks coming from Native) at an extreme disadvantage simply because they have not played as long.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2014, 09:31:09 pm »
What exactly have they done to modify the leaderboards to accommodate the new ranking system?

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2014, 09:54:51 pm »
Thanks for that well-formulated explanation.  I can see how being a higher level actually overshadows MW equipment in a lot of ways and I admit that significantly cheaper respecs are a god-send; something the mod definitely needed.  But in a lot of ways I'm still convinced the patch was overkill and I don't like it but I'm starting to accept it
I wasn't shitting you about lvl42.. after the shock wears off you will probably end up having more fun .. I did.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2014, 10:06:29 pm »
+1

The 6 level difference of 30 to 36 has been reduced to a 3 level difference of 35 to 38 which still gives a sizable advantage. It's a far better solution than decreasing veterans' levels, which would've been a true "fuck you."

Just slight correction 30-36 is now closer to 35-37 38 is equivalent to the xp it took to get to level 37 before.  The range is almost too tight, because there is no levelling, no goal to achieve with levels.  Without a decent strategus either there are just not a lot of reasons to keep playing much with how boring and repetitive the maps on NA1 are with everyone min-maxing agility.  If you really like doing no damage as archer or if you want to join the min-max bandwagon and go minimum 21 agility for the s-key win, then I guess battle server won't get boring after 5-10 minutes. 

But in all honesty they removed even more functional classes, reduced variety and added some OP new items that everybody uses until they get hotfixed.  I thought we were going to get a legitimate change to the xp/gold system to something more enjoyable, a real limitation on agility builds (like 75% of current reduced speed when backpedaling), dynamic new map rotation, etc.  - a true revival.  Other than the leveling system, not really many significant changes.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2014, 12:22:30 pm »
Just slight correction 30-36 is now closer to 35-37 38 is equivalent to the xp it took to get to level 37 before.  The range is almost too tight, because there is no levelling, no goal to achieve with levels.  Without a decent strategus either there are just not a lot of reasons to keep playing much with how boring and repetitive the maps on NA1 are with everyone min-maxing agility.  If you really like doing no damage as archer or if you want to join the min-max bandwagon and go minimum 21 agility for the s-key win, then I guess battle server won't get boring after 5-10 minutes. 

But in all honesty they removed even more functional classes, reduced variety and added some OP new items that everybody uses until they get hotfixed.  I thought we were going to get a legitimate change to the xp/gold system to something more enjoyable, a real limitation on agility builds (like 75% of current reduced speed when backpedaling), dynamic new map rotation, etc.  - a true revival.  Other than the leveling system, not really many significant changes.

Kinngrimm would have been level 39 if he hadn't retired, still a pretty big advantage.

You as well!
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.