Author Topic: Upcoming "Revival" patch  (Read 49878 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming "Revival" patch
« Reply #375 on: October 16, 2014, 11:05:26 pm »
"Reduced damage values for bows and throwing weapons to maintain current effectiveness with increased levels."

Doesn't address the issue. They do similar ranged damage but have more points to spend on other parts of their character that spec them into multi role. Melee stays virtually the same as they are 1 role
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #376 on: October 16, 2014, 11:09:55 pm »
What will change ? Tell me honestly Grumbs ... You'll have more IF, more STR/AGI, and therefore more PS/WM, and you complain that archers get 6 skill points to spend into having some half decent melee abilities ? Remember that everyone and his dog will be level 35, able to get IF and shield, even riding for some. Archery won't be much more a problem after that I believe.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #377 on: October 16, 2014, 11:14:33 pm »
+1
Internally:

Strength ranged can actually compete against the other ranged archetypes with a combination of more HP, decent wpf, and better armor. Agi and Balanced-Agi archers need 5 IF to have the same 10 weight threshold as before, and wpf penalty for range was changed to be %-based like melee (which helps strength ranged even more). Overall, the defensive abilities of agi vs strength are going to be more pronounced. These ranged probably won't be able to kite very easily, and adding IF as an important skill further pushes away from those extreme builds. Balanced/strength won't have much wpf to split and are prone to being rushed down.

Externally:

Less damage to offset improved builds, while melee still retains most of their buffs. Low tier shields are buffed so you only need a small investment to at least fight against ranged, while a low tier shield won't protect against melee for very long. Strength has better synergy with armor, so they'll keep their wpf advantage over ranged with good armor as well.

Other:

Different aspects are still being discussed/tweaked.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 16, 2014, 11:14:56 pm »
People that spec into a second role will get exponentially more combat effectiveness than people who stay pure melee. You will all see anyway
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 16, 2014, 11:16:22 pm »
Agi whoring it is then

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #380 on: October 16, 2014, 11:17:11 pm »
+1
Well all I can say is, its going to be mighty fun testing all this out :)
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #381 on: October 16, 2014, 11:22:05 pm »
+1
Internally:

Strength ranged can actually compete against the other ranged archetypes with a combination of more HP, decent wpf, and better armor. Agi and Balanced-Agi archers need 5 IF to have the same 10 weight threshold as before, and wpf penalty for range was changed to be %-based like melee (which helps strength ranged even more). Overall, the defensive abilities of agi vs strength are going to be more pronounced. These ranged probably won't be able to kite very easily, and adding IF as an important skill further pushes away from those extreme builds. Balanced/strength won't have much wpf to split and are prone to being rushed down.

Externally:

Less damage to offset improved builds, while melee still retains most of their buffs. Low tier shields are buffed so you only need a small investment to at least fight against ranged, while a low tier shield won't protect against melee for very long. Strength has better synergy with armor, so they'll keep their wpf advantage over ranged with good armor as well.

Other:

Different aspects are still being discussed/tweaked.

So uhh San... umm.. what will happen to the board shield? It will be ok right?

Right..?

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #382 on: October 16, 2014, 11:23:07 pm »
+1
People that spec into a second role will get exponentially more combat effectiveness than people who stay pure melee. You will all see anyway

YOU'LL SEE YOU'LL ALL SEE

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 16, 2014, 11:24:17 pm »
YOU'LL SEE YOU'LL ALL SEE

That hybrids are still shit?

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #384 on: October 16, 2014, 11:24:26 pm »
totally not fair to ppl who are lvl 36 since they invested so much time to have that level and be proud of it , now the patch is gonna kill that and most of ppl will be 36,, now 36 have advantage to lower levels but after the patch diff between 38 and 36 aint gonna be so much. I know im gonna get downvoted but this is just my opinion and probably opinion of all high lvls ingame, im not saying there shouldnt be change in lvl/lvling system its just this what they presented isnt fair.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #385 on: October 16, 2014, 11:25:55 pm »
+2
Doesn't address the issue. They do similar ranged damage but have more points to spend on other parts of their character that spec them into multi role. Melee stays virtually the same as they are 1 role

I understand where you are coming from, and I am certain that with the "average" level (stf level, anwyays, I am sure the average level is closer to 33 nowadays) going from 30 to 35 certain things will be unbalanced for a while. However I am assuming that they reduced bow damage so that having the extra one or two points in PD will not actually increase their damage output all that much from what it is now. That said, having more points to spend in IF or shield as a melee character helps you have far better survivability against ranged. However, if you plan to spend you extra skill points min-maxing so that you have 0 If, 0 shield skill, and maxed out PS/WM/athletics, then you have only yourself to blame. If you find ranged to be such an issue, tweak your build to accommodate... that is the purpose of this mod, after all.

Also, you are expecting all ranged classes to use their extra levels to spec so they are proficient in melee as well as ranged, and then complain about pure melee builds having only 1 role. There is no reason your pure melee build can't use your new-found skill/attribute points to hybrid as a thrower, or put some points into crossbow to counter the ranged. But if you go and consider that build no longer a pure melee build, and even though there is only a few points in PT or 100 wpf in crossbow, and instead consider it a ranged build, then yes, by your definition ranged builds will be able to do multiple things while melee builds can only ever have one role.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #386 on: October 16, 2014, 11:26:05 pm »
That hybrids are still shit?

i wouldn't know, i've been hybrid forever and enjoying it

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 16, 2014, 11:32:45 pm »
+9
totally not fair to ppl who are lvl 36 since they invested so much time to have that level and be proud of it , now the patch is gonna kill that and most of ppl will be 36,, now 36 have advantage to lower levels but after the patch diff between 38 and 36 aint gonna be so much. I know im gonna get downvoted but this is just my opinion and probably opinion of all high lvls ingame, im not saying there shouldnt be change in lvl/lvling system its just this what they presented isnt fair.

I think if you asked those lvl 36 people if they would rather the servers were populated again and new people were joining on a steady basis than being lvl 36, they would agree. If not, then it's probably better they left as such attitudes are not wanted. Feel free to leave, if you share their opinion.

Pride has nothing to do with this, it's about trying to recreate an atmosphere that most of us fell in love with.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #388 on: October 16, 2014, 11:33:18 pm »
+1
IT is beautifull!  :shock:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #389 on: October 16, 2014, 11:36:55 pm »
+2
I think if you asked those lvl 36 people if they would rather the servers were populated again and new people were joining on a steady basis than being lvl 36, they would agree. If not, then it's probably better they left as such attitudes are not wanted. Feel free to leave, if you share their opinion.

Pride has nothing to do with this, it's about trying to recreate an atmosphere that most of us fell in love with.

I will never leave this game mod or comminity , i agree with you i would like to see populated servers with new players, im just saying that IF they are already changing the lvling system they should not forget the ppl who invested lot of time and hard work to become such a high lvl and now just with one patch to destroy that. I hope you understand me.