Author Topic: Upcoming "Revival" patch  (Read 49893 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming "Revival" patch
« Reply #195 on: October 15, 2014, 03:36:55 pm »
+2
I dont want my build to be good, i just want everyone else's builds to be unplayable...

Summed up cRPG patch propositions  :P

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 15, 2014, 03:37:59 pm »
There was a time when mod was still fresh and young, very unbalanced but that didn't stop people to enjoy it. Players had different attitude back them, didn't take everything so serious. Fast forward to this moment, what is left of once glorious cRPG community are mostly min-maxing cunts who can't enjoy the patch news for more than one day without "worrying" about their own char and build. No wonder player numbers are dwindling, no one wants to be part of such community. There's your answer why newbies don't stick around.
Ingame community is very different to the forum community. Everyone is more friendly there and just plays the game, so I doubt its to do with the community why newbies wouldn't play. If they don't like the game or its too hard to get into they will quit, thats the main reason.

Besides, the game has got unbalanced more since people got high level. Making everyone high level seems like a good idea but in practice it will just be an unbalanceable mess. Your newbies will get crushed by players that min/max 2 roles instead of one that they might have been able to counter a bit. We are bluring the lines between roles again, like introducing good 0 slot 1 handers, over buffing ranged melee weapons etc. The game will be easier for newbies to get to a competitive level, but it will be harder for them to compete than it would have been when people were generally at a lower level than 35+
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #197 on: October 15, 2014, 03:40:23 pm »
+12

Offline txusdechamberi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • QSAB
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the faction of life and love
  • Game nicks: 700ml, Worry_sonof_Sorry
  • IRC nick: what is this?
« Reply #198 on: October 15, 2014, 03:48:37 pm »

▲ ▲ like this?
"Yo tengo un moco y me lo saco poco a poco; lo redondeo y lo miro con deseo; me lo como, y como sabe a poco; saco otro y vuelvo a empezar..."

Offline Sable Keech

• Earl
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I know a good rye when I see one
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Keech
« Reply #199 on: October 15, 2014, 03:51:58 pm »
Noice.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2014, 03:53:58 pm »
+1
I actually suggested this shit long time ago. I hope it will bring more variety in the game, now all sorts of crazy builds will again become available. Finally not everyone is going to be 18/21 or 21/18. Please don't break fun and troll builds with "balancing".
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2014, 03:57:59 pm »
+7
Just so everyone is clear, when we did some internal restructuring and brought in new people, this meant that we actually created an Item team that would be dedicated to solely getting new items or mesh/texture improvements added. People in this position have the forum title "Item" in front of their name. So Item Advisor means he's on the Item Management team, while simply Advisor and Balancer mean you're on the Game Balance team (Notice Macropus and San no longer have the Item part).

With that being said, I think it's worth noting that at this point it seems silly to ever stop the recruitment process(even if you're not actively seeking them out), be they for the Item team, the Events team or even the Balance team. Just keep in mind though, if you're interested, showing initiative is generally the best way to get our attention.

Does that mean that armor difficulty will remain unchanged? I think weapons AND ARMORS should be overhauled, because they are also abusable with large stacks of agility and weapon master.
The reduced WPF penalty for strenght will not change the issue of AGI plate fighters. Not changing it gives more armor choices to more people but with the very large number of armors available, I think its no longer a problem of taste, but a balance problem.
I think I made it clear in the past that raising armor difficulties isn't the only means to the same end. The weight penalty changes were made with this among its top objectives.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 04:04:41 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #202 on: October 15, 2014, 04:04:46 pm »
+2
Just so everyone is clear, when we did some internal restructuring and brought in new people, this meant that we actually created an Item team that would be dedicated to solely getting new items or mesh/texture improvements added. People in this position have the forum title "Item" in front of their name. So Item Advisor means he's on the Item Management team, while simply Advisor and Balancer mean you're on the Game Balance team (Notice Macropus and San no longer have the Item part).

With that being said, I think it's worth noting that at this point it seems silly to ever stop the recruitment process(even if you're not actively seeking them out), be they for the Item team, the Events team or even the Balance team. Just keep in mind though, if you're interested, showing initiative is generally the best way to get our attention.

If I'm reading this correctly (and I believe I am),

"m0d is dead, tydeus killed it" is out,

"m0d is dead, tydeus' team killed it" is in?

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2014, 04:07:01 pm »

We (item advisors) are looking for people, but you'll have to prove yourself before you get accepted. If you tackle three or four tasks and show you are willing to invest some time, you are welcome to join us. If you want some item modeling tasks, message me please.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #204 on: October 15, 2014, 04:13:40 pm »
+3
Shit, I just found it: http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/eu_1-is-dying/msg662792/#msg662792

I had an idea some time back that the soft cap should be pushed to level 35 and hard cap to level 40, so that we could have diversity of builds once again, possibility for crazy stuff, and not 18/21, 21/18 dominance.

Do this, and I promise you plenty of people on servers again.

Now that you are implementing this, I suddenly feel gratification.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 15, 2014, 04:16:10 pm »
I'm afraid the first thing they'll do in that case is loom their scythe, stones and wooden stick.  :)

haha yeah, that crossed my mind as well.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #206 on: October 15, 2014, 04:24:00 pm »
+2
Varadin probably made his most useful post in this forum ever when he wrote that heavy armor will be even more useless now.
I might have over read it but are there plans to tackle the higher mean PS on the server?

I doubt that suddenly all the 2h heroes will go hybrid. They'll probably go for more Strength and slightly more Agility resulting in a lot of people having 8-9PS.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #207 on: October 15, 2014, 04:25:02 pm »
+7
we simply die faster.
I am Ok with that.

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #208 on: October 15, 2014, 04:29:07 pm »
+2
we simply die faster.
I am Ok with that.

Its more realistic I suppose :P

Great Patch can't wait to play with it :D
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 15, 2014, 04:38:22 pm »
I think I made it clear in the past that raising armor difficulties isn't the only means to the same end. The weight penalty changes were made with this among its top objectives.

Weight penalty changes will mostly affect balanced STR characters, the improvement to WPF dramatically lose its interest the more STR (less WM/WPF) you have.

Its not a bad thing, but I would have prefered a more linear STR advantage  :P
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 04:43:21 pm by Butan »