Author Topic: Team wounding and ctrl + M  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Team wounding and ctrl + M
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 06:11:48 am »
should just deduct 50gold per th and 100 per teamkill.. done. No notice or attention.
Would stop most of the latenight dicks from doing their special kind of fun.
Leeching and slapping, doesnt work on hugging tho.
Forcing them to fight the enemy instead of dueling friendlies at spawn.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 03:49:49 pm »
Why are people always so butthurt about getting CTRL-M'ed? I've pretty much never seen anyone get kicked that didn't do a few of them on purpose to troll. When people nudge me for 'fun' they get really upset if I CTRL-M while it has zero effect on them, hell, I should get mad about getting nudged because that actually has an effect.

I do feel slightly unappreciated when I have been support polearming in a clusterfuck, surpressing enemies everywhere by doing stabs over or around my teammates and I get reported for a very low damage early hit, but it is their good right to do so.

Got kicked twice while playing HA on EU siege. It was for being bumped by my horse, but as I'm trotting along the tards would change direction out of nowhere and I'd bump them. 300ping + tight environment = some bumps. What was fucking shitting me was that these wankers weren't even being knocked over, they were just having a cry, and so, now I'm having one.

wahhh wahhh

But seriously fuck you ctrl-ming mother fuckers.

----

Edit

I QQA every fucking time I see it happen.

On conquest you're their for 40+ min before your 5 TWs will get reset. If you're unfortunatly playing on EU with a giant mass of spergs then you're up shit creek with no fucking arms forced to use your mouth like a outbored shitty jet motor... delicious.

Also when I TK I'm a sneaky shit and I use my axe. Stupid system is stupid. But I'm opposed to more admins, badmins ruin anarchy. Fucking rule monkeys.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:56:40 pm by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 03:53:48 pm »
+7
I am ctrl+m-ing your post.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 04:33:12 pm »
In the semi coherent state that I play crpg in, ctrl Ming someone is never out of malice or video game anger, I just find it a funnier option than not ctrl Ming someone. Sorry.

Strangely enough, when someone teamhits me during a 2 v 1 and causes me to die, or teamkills me outright, I never ctrl M that person because I assume they feel like a shitty. Then if I get lightly bumped by a friendly cav for no damage and no knockdown, away from any enemies, there is an 80% chance that I will wait about 10 seconds and ctrl M that person.

Don't read too much into people reporting you and just roll with it.

edit: saying "sorry" or "sry" during a fight, just makes me want to report even more (q-q-a is borderline acceptable as long as you dont die while doing it). I would MUCH rather you say nothing and just continue fighting. This is a personal thing as it seems most people feel the opposite way about it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:45:22 pm by chesterotab »

▲ ▲

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 04:45:22 pm »
+5
I rarely report, even if some archer is headshooting me while being 100 m away just shooting in mass.

I report every HA though even for no damage bumps, because... yeah for obvious reason . I encourage everyone to do so as well, as annoying as the reports are to them as annoying is their presence in servers.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 04:52:58 pm »
Don't think i've every seen someone kicked because of ctrl-ming unless they were intentionally team wounding. Most people have the attitude that we all team hit sometimes, and if you ctrl-m people then everyone will see it on the server and people will start ctrl-ming you too. Ctrl-M for me is reserved for HA's, horses bumping at spawn, being really careless etc. If you do get ctrl-m'd and it seems unfair, just forget about it. Its not going to get you kicked
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 05:25:49 pm »
It's a bad system anyway, a devout Tker will never take 5 hits to kill you, and because you cant queue them up and report per hit, if they spam it can be impossible to report all hits, even if you spam ctrl-m.

I dont mind how it works for people who are careless and TH, but as a system to get rid of deliberate TKers or THers it's terrible.

All you need is 2 or 3 in quick succession in your screen shot and the resulting tk to show an admin in the ban thread what is going on.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 05:28:38 pm »
+3
Why are you mad if you were the one teamhitting? Doesnt make any sense.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 05:35:45 pm »
This is such an example of everyone attitude about TW reporting.

Begins with generic "who cares, whatever" cool guy attitude, then shows that he clearly cares because he calls someone a choice word because that person always reports.

missing the point dum dum, hes a cretin for constantly teamhitting, ie one of the cretins, the fact he reports is merely amusing. But fair enough I assume english is not your first language.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 05:40:04 pm »
+2
Always report ranged

Offline Zerkain

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 08:52:10 pm »
When i get reported for my nudges at round start, i kill the reporter until i reach 5\5 and get kicked because YOLO.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2014, 10:17:31 pm »

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2014, 11:14:15 pm »
+1
I never report,  even if its Ranged, HA, Cav or whatever unless it is completely intentional. I will just use the voice command [Watch Your Aim].  in my opinion never reporting teammates is the best way to make friends with people. There used to be a guy who always report me when i hits him but he no longer report me anymore since when he hits me i don't report him so we kinda become friends now  ;)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 08:46:34 am »
+1
I hate you all. Just sayin.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 09:59:35 am »
Why are people always so butthurt about getting CTRL-M'ed? I've pretty much never seen anyone get kicked that didn't do a few of them on purpose to troll. When people nudge me for 'fun' they get really upset if I CTRL-M while it has zero effect on them, hell, I should get mad about getting nudged because that actually has an effect.

I do feel slightly unappreciated when I have been support polearming in a clusterfuck, surpressing enemies everywhere by doing stabs over or around my teammates and I get reported for a very low damage early hit, but it is their good right to do so.

This.

Don't do more than 4 retardish team hits in a round and ctrl + M will never be a problem for you.
You have to be a complete asshole (e.g. not caring about hitting your team mates) to manage to get kicked from this... even in siege.

It's only a problem in Strategus... :(