Author Topic: [Video] Melee: Battlegrounds - First Glimpse  (Read 5329 times)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: [Video] Melee: Battlegrounds - First Glimpse
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 02:58:11 am »
+4
Does the physics engine mean we may occasionally be able to swat Arrows out of the air? Just curious.
Based on what they've said about the moddability that they're seeking to achieve, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the type of thing that is possible through mods.

Looking at this video and some of the posts here reminds me that it's easy to forget how little the average crpg player (and perhaps even forum user) knows about M:BG and the MELEE devs.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 03:16:57 am »
looks like cRPG but less choppy

bannerlord is coming too

the pressure increases

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 05:07:17 am »
Looking at this video and some of the posts here reminds me that it's easy to forget how little the average crpg player (and perhaps even forum user) knows about M:BG and the MELEE devs.

Seeing how the only ones that have any idea what is going on bought into it a while back, not many of us know what is going on. 60 bucks was a little too steep for most, especially considering how young some of our player base may be. I personally didn't throw money at them ways back since there was nothing to show for it at the time... if they had this near-alpha working then, I might have backed it. Hopefully this Kickstarter is a little more affordable.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 05:09:14 am »
Seeing how the only ones that have any idea what is going on bought into it a while back, not many of us know what is going on. 60 bucks was a little too steep for most, especially considering how young some of our player base may be. I personally didn't throw money at them ways back since there was nothing to show for it at the time... if they had this near-alpha working then, I might have backed it. Hopefully this Kickstarter is a little more affordable.

(click to show/hide)

I asked for my investment back, and now I kind of regret it :/
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 05:26:17 am »
I asked for my investment back, and now I kind of regret it :/

lol, lesson learned.  Would be more inclined to donate if:

1. Development had a solid schedule with clear goals (ie "this will be done on date x")
2. A no BS full refund in case the game is dropped, or the devs decide to be douchebags and try to run off with the money

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 05:32:25 am »
+4
i think its complete enough to put on Steam early access :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also i can listen to chadz speaking all day
"Wegisters, itll wegister the hit"

Wegister
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 05:58:24 am »
+1
I go on the forums pretty much every day and still know next to nothing about M:BG or the devs. I watched one or two of the videos they posted on Twitter, including the one in the OP, but it hasn't revealed much. We just don't see much of what they're up to on the forums.

I also agree that it is very hard to justify coming up with 60 bucks for a video game that might be completed a year or two down the road when you are a full time college student working for practically minimum wage. It comes down to the realm of adult practicality where you question yourself "do I want to buy 300 more packs of Ramen so I don't starve, or spend that money on this game I might be able to play a year and a half from now?" As much as I would have liked to divulge in that, it's very hard to. We live in a rough economic climate.

Hopefully there is a Kickstarter with the option to donate lower amounts, I think the most I would be willing to give away without much thought to a project I truly wanted would be $20. $30 starts to get into the area where my Jewish ancestry kicks in and asks me whether I want the game to be made, or if I want to keep the shekels more. The possibility of smaller donation amounts seems like a solid marketing objective considering the average playerbase of the cRPG and Warband communities. The whole "$60 all or nothing" deal was disappointing but I guess necessary, I can't begin to understand where you guys were coming from because I haven't been there before. So yes please Kickstarter, great idea to help you guys out!

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 06:10:45 am »
i think its complete enough to put on Steam early access :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol no product to invest in!  I'd shit money into this if it wasn't a crock.   Also need a more secure means of investing.  Little leery of the whole Kickstarter thing.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 09:58:11 am »
Is lombardsoup a troll guys?

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2014, 10:23:05 am »
+5
I go on the forums pretty much every day and still know next to nothing about M:BG or the devs. I watched one or two of the videos they posted on Twitter, including the one in the OP, but it hasn't revealed much. We just don't see much of what they're up to on the forums.

I also agree that it is very hard to justify coming up with 60 bucks for a video game that might be completed a year or two down the road when you are a full time college student working for practically minimum wage. It comes down to the realm of adult practicality where you question yourself "do I want to buy 300 more packs of Ramen so I don't starve, or spend that money on this game I might be able to play a year and a half from now?" As much as I would have liked to divulge in that, it's very hard to. We live in a rough economic climate.

Hopefully there is a Kickstarter with the option to donate lower amounts, I think the most I would be willing to give away without much thought to a project I truly wanted would be $20. $30 starts to get into the area where my Jewish ancestry kicks in and asks me whether I want the game to be made, or if I want to keep the shekels more. The possibility of smaller donation amounts seems like a solid marketing objective considering the average playerbase of the cRPG and Warband communities. The whole "$60 all or nothing" deal was disappointing but I guess necessary, I can't begin to understand where you guys were coming from because I haven't been there before. So yes please Kickstarter, great idea to help you guys out!

There was a 15$ (i think) option where you just get the game itself on release. Thats what i did

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2014, 11:57:13 am »
Destined for development hell once Bannerlord is out.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 12:27:58 pm »
+6
60 bucks was a little too steep for most
It's not steep at all if you divide that 60 bucks by the hours of free entertainment that cRPG provided you with and then compare that value to any other entertainment.

Cinema: 8 bucks an hour
cRPG + 60 bucks investment for the team that made it: 0,02 bucks an hour

Cheapskates

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 12:52:02 pm »
+1
$60 for a punt is still steep. They would have more success with kickstarter with a $15-$20 price

We're basically throwing money away until the game is actually realised and in a playable state. You will only get diehard fans to part with $60

I get that if we look at it in terms of paying for our past cRPG enjoyment it is pennies, but as an investment in a new game $15-$20 would be better
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 01:06:57 pm »
+1
Like Umbra said, all you needed to pay was 15 usd. The 60 usd option was for people wanting to invest into the game and possibly make a profit.