Poll

Idea's (you can choose 5 options, votes can be changed, i think :? )

Add a timed warm up period for new players, starting at lvl 30
26 (4.8%)
New players start with 30k gold which cannot be traded
70 (12.9%)
New players start with pre-made builds for a price cost 10-15k
27 (5%)
Greet, Welcome and tutor new players if they need help
72 (13.3%)
Having a welcoming POP-UP when they join for the first week, explaining where to play
77 (14.2%)
Start from level 15, 0 experience, 10k gold, 1 free respec to level 29.
35 (6.4%)
Remove levels 1-20 and have everyone start at level 20 but call it level 1.
31 (5.7%)
A once in a lifetime chance to lvl up one of their characters to lvl 30 and get 40k gold
32 (5.9%)
Put some weapons in the peasants united armoury, no need for them to be mw
37 (6.8%)
Make all level 30+ builds with over 500 kills public
31 (5.7%)
Monthly BootCamp events for new players
42 (7.7%)
EU5 be brought back with bots, DTV bots vs players or even a few bots on each side and the x1.5XP
63 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Author Topic: Help cRPG grow!  (Read 8144 times)

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
Re: Help cRPG grow!
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2014, 08:52:42 am »
+2
Turning back the wheel of discussion:

C-RPG players want to attrackt fresh blood - new players (advertisment on gaming sites was done):

Some new players will come and try the game. Most of us (I blieve) dont want to change the game much, becouse we like it as it is in most aspects.

What I thought this was about: Give new players a peepshow how fighting can be when fully levelled and equipped for a timespan of about one month. Then set them back to grind from zero.

I think something like a sneak preview can be fine to get new players attracted. Nothing more. We would have some noobs run around with high level chars doing bullshit. But I think we could deal with that.

Only thing to think about is how to implement this "sneak preview" without possiblity of abooze. But there shure is a way to make it foolproof for our experienced developer staff (no irony), if they want something like this.

Its all just about PR imho.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2014, 02:07:11 pm »
+1
Give new players a peepshow how fighting can be when fully levelled and equipped for a timespan of about one month. Then set them back to grind from zero.
Giving them such start will probably lead to boredom pretty fast if you ask me. What will they do when their sneak preview ends and they suddenly have nothing left? I don't think many people will stay, I don't even think people will join in to the servers every day to finally try out that new weapon if you give them all they want from the start.

I really am more for doing something like giving the first generation free respec and the ability to start at lvl 20 with quite a bit of gold. When they retire and want to go for loompoints, the grind will restart from level 0 this time. I love that shit anyway, being level 2 and fighting with a dagger and a crossbow, sometimes having a lucky kill :)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2014, 11:17:40 pm »
+3
Seperating the playerbase with servers is not the solution. Skill will always be a factor, and should be. That's part of the appeal. But grinding levels for OP abilities shouldn't.

People seem to be under the illusion that a level 36 is balanced just because you can grind to it. It is not, and was never intended as such (it was considered unattainable initially). There has never been a long term balance goal. The mod has just happened. Do we want to keep going down a slow spiral of decline, catering to fewer and fewer players, or do we want to pull it up and admit that not all previous game design decisions were good?

Anyway people, keep in mind that all of this is only a discussion, we have not made any decision either way, and any dramatic change will go by you guys first.

Really nice to hear this from a developer.

What about the following. It could be done fairly easy and I think most would agree to it.

Solution for loomed items of which the difference between +0 and +3 is currently unecessary big:
If unloomed items had stats similar to +2 items it would be sufficent. It's still possible to have various improved stats for +1, +2 and +3 since there are several stats of an item.

Solution for high levels which takes too long to grind up to.
Difference between 30 and 36 is for example +6 strength, +2 power strike, +2 power draw +2 ironflesh (+10hp extra).
That's quite a lot but still, we can have it like that if we decrease experience required to reach it.

So instead of setting a level cap at 30, we can set it at 36 but make it a lot faster to reach it.
Level 31 is currently 8,735,843. Just make level 36 reachable at 8,735,843 * 6. Simple.

The reason for having 36 as cap is that it's more fun with higher leves since you can make a more extreme build.
The diversity between builds will simply be higher. Also, all players who are now at 36 won't be affected (just a bit mad).

You can compensate people when you make this change by giving them loompoints or gold in relation to their current xp.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 03:26:42 pm by Riddaren »