Author Topic: 1H SWASHBUCKLING IN THE ARABIC SEA YARRRRR  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
1H SWASHBUCKLING IN THE ARABIC SEA YARRRRR
« on: June 03, 2014, 02:07:45 am »
+3
So I've been using this swashbuckling (1h no shield) build on my new alt, Peroch_the_Persian_Pirate:
(click to show/hide)

Using the Arab Cav Sword w/light mail and I've got to say, I like it a LOT. Versatile, challenging, AND effective. Not too expensive too, considering all the other equipment I could be using.
Haven't gotten around to trying out the other long, bomb 1handers (Spathion, NCS, KAS, Para, etc.) but I do enjoy the high cut, useful stab, good speed, and decent length.
"BUT WAIT" you may say, "WHAT ABOUT THE ITALIAN SWORD/LONG ARMING SWORD/SPATHOVAKLION?"
Well, first off, NO, second, too mainstream and I don't like them at all. Well rounded but... They don't particularly "shine" on any aspect compared to other high tier 1handers.

... Oh right, the thread. Please dump suggestions for 1h I should use (BESIDES ITALIAN FALCHION/GROSSES MESSER BECAUSE I KNOW THOSE ARE CLASSIC SWASHBUCKLING SWORDS) and what armor I should use to most closely resemble a Persian/Middle-Eastern pirate of sorts.
Any other build suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 1H SWASHBUCKLING IN THE ARABIC SEA YARRRRR
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 10:11:20 am »
+1
To be a pirate, you gotta be naked with a turban. It's very hot in the mediterranean you know. :D

Also, use a scimitar :)
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 10:23:40 pm »
To be a pirate, you gotta be naked with a turban. It's very hot in the mediterranean you know. :D

Also, use a scimitar :)

I know, but I'm not good enough to go naked and still be okay at this game. Also, I don't like the scimmy that much. It's nice, like the Italian, but not particularly good.
ACS still fits theme so no i like it is nice sord 10/A 2nd best 1h 2014

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 10:52:03 pm »
I know, but I'm not good enough to go naked and still be okay at this game. Also, I don't like the scimmy that much. It's nice, like the Italian, but not particularly good.
ACS still fits theme so no i like it is nice sord 10/A 2nd best 1h 2014

Try the short falchion. That shit looks like a goddamn cutlass and it's so ungodly fast with reasonable damage that you can really fool people. It'll be difficult since it is so short, but you can do it.

Did I mention that it looks like a motherfucking cutlass?

I'm a swashbuckler with 1 shield skill for dem arrows and the "oh fuck i'm an idiot surrounded by 6 bad guys help help" and I use the warhammer, short nordic war sword, steel pick, or broad one-handed battle axe. They're all tremendously short weapons but I find them very effective. Although, I do have +3 transitional and +3 heavy gauntlets, so my patented "facehug and footwork so they glance then hit them with 9 PS would likely be impossible with unloomed light mail.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 10:54:10 pm »
+4
Everytime I played swashbuckler recently I really sucked and I thought I just got bad. Then I realized that nearly all polearms and 2h have been sped up while few 1h received the same blessing. Spathion, NCS, KAS, Paramerion, all too slow compared to most other melee weapons, leaves enemies too much room to sneak attacks in and forces you to be less aggressive.

I tried some of the faster 1h afterwards and suddenly swashbuckler felt glorious again. In my opinion 99 speed is a must.

Also, I don't like the scimmy that much. It's nice, like the Italian, but not particularly good.
That is a ridiculous statement considering the Arabican Cav Sword is a pretty terrible infantry sword overall, very clumsy, extremely easy to read because of it's very thick blade. The length is funny to use, but it's plainly bad all things considered. If you are going all arab then you just have to use the Elite Scimitar or even the regular Scimitar. Contrary to the Arabian Cav Sword they are fast as hell and extremely hard to read. I literally think that the Elite Scimitar is the best 1h in the game.   

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 11:54:16 pm »
Yes, use spamitar, very aesthetic model, fits your theme, and has always been one of the best weapons in WB.

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 12:21:39 am »
+1
That is a ridiculous statement considering the Arabican Cav Sword is a pretty terrible infantry sword overall, very clumsy, extremely easy to read because of it's very thick blade. The length is funny to use, but it's plainly bad all things considered. If you are going all arab then you just have to use the Elite Scimitar or even the regular Scimitar. Contrary to the Arabian Cav Sword they are fast as hell and extremely hard to read. I literally think that the Elite Scimitar is the best 1h in the game.

OKAY IM SORRY JEEZ I BOW TO YOUR SUPERIOR WISDOMMMMMMM

Cool, so should I use the Elite of the Regular then? Oh, and also the GROSSE MESSER ALSO LOOKS LIKE A CUTLASS WUT BOUT IT BOYO

EDIT: What about the Spathion/Paramerion? Thinking of using it with the Archon armor. And is my build (above) okay or should I invest more in IF or ATH?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:33:46 am by Screaming Idiot »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 02:29:54 am »
Spathion and paramerion feel slow as hell and are kind of easy to read. For an arabic theme I think the leet spamtard is the better choice. With 12 agi you absolutely have to max out ATH and dump your unused points in IF.

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 03:14:08 am »
Spathion and paramerion feel slow as hell and are kind of easy to read. For an arabic theme I think the leet spamtard is the better choice. With 12 agi you absolutely have to max out ATH and dump your unused points in IF.

4 ATH is as high as it goes. Not too much of a difference between 4 and 5, and I prefer the extra PS.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 06:34:14 pm »
Go nekkid, scimitar and headwrapping, plus leather boots.

Gimpirate, hell yeah!
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 05:15:19 pm »
Use the arab guard sword, still good reach, good cut and reasonable stab. plus, its higher speed!
the Side sword couuuuld be good
(click to show/hide)

Personally i like agi more and today I retired my 15/24 speedwhore character, much fun, and still does lots of damage because of the speed bonus.
Now im gonna make a 21/18 swash :)

(click to show/hide)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 06:25:23 pm »
Personally i like agi more and today I retired my 15/24 speedwhore character, much fun, and still does lots of damage because of the speed bonus.

I like this build for swashbuckling, honestly I think the only way to swashbuckle is to have a ton of agi and a light weapon, otherwise you might as well just be a 2hander.
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 10:09:13 pm »
+1
I find 27/12 very effective and rewarding, because you cannot be accused of spamming with that build, not without outright outplaying you're opponent, you cant circle-jerk or force-glance. You literally have to outplay them, but the downsides end there because you hit hard and can seriously surprise people with your fighting style.

I have never found the moveset on 2hand to *feel* very good, all 'easy mode waaaah' aside, it just isnt satisfying like the 1hand moveset is now

Agreed, playing two-hand can be fun for short periods of time, but it sort of feels like playing jedi v sith in the back yard with sticks or pool noodles or something when you're 7 years old.

Playing strength one-hand feels like you're brutally bludgeoning people with a half-brick in a sock. Very rewarding.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 12:35:20 pm »
I felt heskeys wrath with an unloomed stick against my head,

he fucking 2hit me

(click to show/hide)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.