Author Topic: 0.3.3.7  (Read 52524 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.3.7
« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2014, 06:30:58 pm »
they should destroy your calss and than we will see waht you say about that. Lets say youa re 2h hero using danish GS and they raise str requirements to 30 and you had 15 24but hey, they gave you back 3 str as partial respec.

dude, your class was frickin ridiculous, you were like 40 strength on the back of a plated charger one shot killing everything and taking 14 hits to die yourself -_-

just accept that they've disabled your superman status and play a vaguely 'fair' class -_-
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2014, 07:02:39 pm »
dude, your class was frickin ridiculous, you were like 40 strength on the back of a plated charger one shot killing everything and taking 14 hits to die yourself -_-

just accept that they've disabled your superman status and play a vaguely 'fair' class -_-
ye fuck my old class now i want free respec because my build now is fucked up, i have to waste points to make it playable. or if i want to stay cav i need compleatly redo my build.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2014, 08:57:22 pm »
+2
i dont want another horse i want my plated hippozaur

This love story, so good! Im so touched in my feels  :cry: gief potato charger nao
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2014, 09:12:30 pm »
STRONG MAN CRY STRONG TEARS
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 02, 2014, 10:11:30 am »
This patch doesn't balance anything, it just messes up with people builds since they can't use their equipment.

Think of it this way:

-15/24 build, possible for level 30. 15 allows nearly every armor to be used.
-8 riding gives better manuever and speed for the horse, it was already more powerful than 5 riding.
-If you're not playing siege, it's not really that important for cav to get athletics. It is still possible to fight on foot after being dismounted. (If I can fight with 2 quivers, 0 ath and 3 ps on foot so can everyone)
-Hitting hard is not that hard as a cavalry, making power strike/STR less important.

Gothic plate + plated charger + 8 riding = Good luck

You just encouraged people to use a more stronger build. It will only take them time/gold to achieve it, nothing more.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #350 on: June 02, 2014, 10:47:45 am »
+2
You just encouraged people to use a more stronger build. It will only take them time/gold to achieve it, nothing more.

I don't think so. If agi builds were better with heavy horses, people would have it figured out long time ago.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #351 on: June 02, 2014, 10:57:17 am »

I approve this message.

It was silly at times. Having that kind of build is like having 2 lifes on the server instead of one.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 02, 2014, 11:23:35 am »
I don't think so. If agi builds were better with heavy horses, people would have it figured out long time ago.
It comes down to playstyle mostly. STR doesn't make your horse better, but AGI does. I still think the most important stat for a horseman is riding. Cavalry differs from infantry in philosophy. Infantry relies on fighting head on with raw power mostly, cavalry relies on good manuever in the battlefield.

Don't get me wrong, some elite tier players prefer STR over AGI. But everything that can be done with high STR can also be done with high AGI, even if it takes a longer time sometimes. But the opposite is not exclusively true. People who wanted to have some athletics preferred to get more STR mostly (less points needed for both riding and athletics, easier to maximize the usefulness of attributes).

Also keep this in mind: Bump is one of the greatest weapons in the arsenal of a cavalry. STR doesn't improve it, but AGI does.

While theoretically this all is 100% true, the last part is practically impossible for some peole without destroying their whole character/build by retiring or respeccing a level 33, 34 or even 35 char they don't want to retire or respec.

Thats the whole point here for some people.
Exactly my point: "It will only take them time/gold to achieve it, nothing more."
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 02, 2014, 05:34:12 pm »
+1
hope they will understood what did they done.

anyways, if the official version is "too many full str heavycav" it's false.

i know like 5 guys includin me who used 24\15.
most of cav are 18-21, 21-18, there even do exists 21-15.

so... they nerfed 5 guys. good job.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #354 on: June 02, 2014, 09:14:41 pm »
I was 24/15 and since I got 3 points back I tried 21/18 with 6 riding. To be honest in comparison to pre-patch it totally sucks for me personally. I would really like to go infantry instead of cav. Any chance I can get rid of these 6 riding point or something like that?

Would be great

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 02, 2014, 10:45:33 pm »
+5
hope they will understood what did they done.

anyways, if the official version is "too many full str heavycav" it's false.

i know like 5 guys includin me who used 24\15.
most of cav are 18-21, 21-18, there even do exists 21-15.

so... they nerfed 5 guys. good job.

that's BS, there's at least 34 of them in this thread complaining about it
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #356 on: June 03, 2014, 03:06:15 am »
You would think that, but after fighting tretter yesterday on conquest I can safely say that the 'sweet spot change' has barely, if at all, affected str 2handers. I can still stand behind him and get hit for full damage on a sideswing.

Tretter is just good, regardless of sweetspots.

I was referring to the recent influx of mediocre str 2h players with poor blocking skills, and they are mostly a low-risk proposition to fight, because they aren't going to outmaneuver you. However, mediocre agility polearmers are still a huge threat to me, because my only options when they start S-keying are 1) stand still (I don't have the discipline for this) or 2) give chase and try to outreach them (this often ends poorly for me). Stabs from agility polearmers do more damage that str 2h sword swings also.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #357 on: June 03, 2014, 04:28:03 am »
+1
We must be playing 2 different versions of crpg... normally I agree with almost everything you say Phew, but not so much this time.

Tretter is just good

Well, I guess it takes a certain skill to be able to blindly leftswing people who are 170-180 degrees behind you. :rolleyes: I could never understand why people would consider someone who uses this tactic (or constant lolstabbing, which he is also guilty of) skilled, or why people consider 2h not OP so long as it can pull off this kind of shit and polearms glance so often on sideswings now. Tretter no doubt has been around long enough to be able to be good, but he simply resorts to the dumbest shit each and every time I fight him.

I was referring to the recent influx of mediocre str 2h players with poor blocking skills, and they are mostly a low-risk proposition to fight, because they aren't going to outmaneuver you. However, mediocre agility polearmers are still a huge threat to me, because my only options when they start S-keying are 1) stand still (I don't have the discipline for this) or 2) give chase and try to outreach them (this often ends poorly for me). Stabs from agility polearmers do more damage that str 2h sword swings also.

A stab from an agi whore will never do much if they are skeying you. They have to be at least competent enough to know that they need to W key into a stab, in which case I wouldn't really consider them bad (imo mediocre = bad nowadays... we have all been around too long to simply be 'mediocre' players still. Mediocre imo is 90% of native players). I will agree though, that speed bonus on stabs is really a huge problem. The bonus for slashes, not so much... but stabs, yes (although without it my poor long axe stab would literally always glance... oh well, I could deal with that).  Also, 2h str stabs are worse than any agi polearm stab imo. They last so long, can hit really early or late in the animation, can easily aim it, it homes in on  your head... the list goes on and on.

Also, to stop an S-keyer the best thing to do is to S-key for a second or so yourself, that always makes them go "whoa, he's running from me, awww yeah, I can do this!" At which point they run forwards, as should you, and before he realizes his mistake you have already cut him down. If he is 'good' enough to be able to survive your onslaught, well, he's not worth your time. Any time I fight a chronic S-keyer I always just turn my attention to someone else and let my teammates chase him. If no one else is around, turn and walk away, keeping an eye on him, then 180 when he thinks he has you. It is still a boring tactic for sure, but really no one wins when someone S-keys, so it's the best you can do in such a lose-lose situation, imo.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 03, 2014, 11:31:26 am »
when mounted you can swing a sword pretty much exactly like you wish. however, wearing plate armor while mounted logically impair your agility ALOT....... just not in crpg  :lol:

jumping tincans
mounted tincans
sprinting tincans
kicking nudging brawling tincans

is there any reason not to wear plate???  :lol:

(click to show/hide)
http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/early/2011/07/15/rspb.2011.0816
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:37:56 am by Sniger »

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 03, 2014, 12:15:08 pm »
jumping tincans
mounted tincans
sprinting tincans
kicking nudging brawling tincans
All of this is quite possible in full plate, even somersaulting  :) cRPG heavy armor is much weaker than real life armor, both in terms of mobility and protection. But yes, the experiment you're referring to demonstrates that you'd tire quickly, of course, but not much more than a modern fully-geared combat soldier.

Pretty illuminating video:
How to Mount a Horse in Armor and Other Chivalric Problems (Metropolitan Museum of Art)