Author Topic: Piercing and fair playing  (Read 733 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Piercing and fair playing
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 12:49:03 pm »
+2
Say what you want about strength crutching but as a not half bad player I find agi and balanced builds much easier to play than strength oriented builds, let alone very high strength builds. On siege perhaps strength builds fare better but on battle movement speed is key to surviving.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 03:39:31 pm »
Had to give you a + for this post! :D
Anyway, I do of course agree with you, that the latest patch buffed agi builds a lot. If we say that an agi build is 21 agi+ while being on 15 str or less, and str builds are the other way round, the agi builds probably have far more advantages. Even with low ps, you could pick a weapon that deals extra damage to high armor rating and with 4 or 5 PS you will still deal a lot of damage plus you can do many hits anyway if you're able to out spam the heavy str guy.
I rather play str builds myself, I was 24-15 as 2hand for ages, but that was before the patch happened. During that time I played a 21-18 shielder and wasn't satisfied with my speed compared to other players.
Now I'm on a 18-21 pole (21-21 to be) because I simply would never go below 18 str but now at least 18 agi are needed for enough wpf imo.
Str certainly needs some buff (see "raise str requirement for heavy armors" topic in Suggestions).

However I quoted you for that part where you said that you die 99% of the times you spam someone, don't think that's weird at all with your heavy str build. Spam only works if you got a spammy build and weapon. And not even every time then. :)
Warband's combat system actually doesn't really support spam, at least not if your enemy knows how to play.
Yeap I agree everything yet Miwiw, you miss the point I am not blaming game mechanics or agiwhores for my fail :D I already know it's my fault trying to spam with 18 AGI .(It would be far more retarded if i could spam +3 Great Bardiche with 8 PS ;) )
 Im not thinking it is weird or unbalanced etc . Not asking for the ability to spam with less agi neither.
 My point was there are 2 stats in this game and one of them is far superior for the other one at the moment. I like STR based builds more , so no matter what I'll keep playing with it.Im not complaining or crying about how circumstances just stating my experiences and moments when I go retard :D

I saw Panos' thread about Armor STR increase suggestion and i approve it . There is a fact that most of the weapons and armors require only 15 str, so game basically asks nothing more than 15 str (with few exceptions ofc.) Putting more STR and asking to profit in current situation is basically our fault.

Actually,maybe we shall change nothing but our thoughts about "MORE STR,MORE MANLY YAY!" most of this community is happy that way , game designed to encourage 15-18 str, going above that limit and asking devs to buff it sounds a bit selfish to be honest.

Whatever I am derailing the topic and I'll lure hater fanboys to this thread soon so I'm off , peace ! :)

Flash edit : Just don't add "cleaving" that will occur too many balance problems and QQ, would be hard to optimize aswell.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 03:49:54 pm »
AGI was nerfed and STILL is nerfed compared to its original state. For 2 years STR was by FAR the superior stat, and now that AGI has a purpose other than move speed ppl cry ....
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 09:12:58 pm »
My conclusion for current situation is , agi builds are far more superior to str builds now.

If you disagree , please tell me why without hating and posting bullshit ?
Ok, I'm not really good at game mechanics theoretising, what I have however is two facts.
1) My kdr as 24-18 polearm build was 2.1
2) My kdr as 15-30 2h/polearm build is 1.4
As you can see, the difference is quite significant. My skill didn't change either since I respeced only a week ago. I however blame my shitty laptop for many deaths since agi builds don't forgive fails and I agree with better FPS and no lags my performance would be better, probably the same as with previous str-build.

Eh, I think STR vs AGI stats are overall pretty balanced right now.