Author Topic: Noob again pleas help. (Upkeep)  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Quadro

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Noob again pleas help. (Upkeep)
« on: May 17, 2011, 12:44:25 am »
Hi, I use to play crpg months back when this patch wasn't out. I had all plate yada yada yada, to cut the story straight I simply can't afford this armour anymore and I'm losing gold rapidly. I'm a 1H shielder wanting to use a horse, I currently have 38k of gold which use to be 49k. I'm currently using about 20K of equipment but still losing gold.

Could anyone give me some advice on what needs doing, what armour would be best, do I need a cheaper weapen or do I simply need to cut my costs in half equipment wise. Anyone with some advice would be very much apprecaited.

Here is my characters stats and equipment plus cost listed below.

Age33 [18]
Generation2
Gold 38,468

Attributes
Strength 14 
Agility 10 

Weapon proficiency
Available points: 2
One Handed 113 6 points per wpf
Two Handed 1
Polearm 1
Archery 1
Crossbow 1
Throwing 1

Skills

Iron Flesh 4
Power Strike 4
Shield 3
Athletics 0
Riding 3
Horse Archery 0
Power Draw 0
Power Throw 0
Weapon Master 3

Equipment:

Khergit Elite Armor(Body) = 8,652 Gold
Splinted Leather Greaves over Mail = 909 Gold
Nordic Champion's Sword = 4,643 Gold
Kite Shield = 1,778 Gold
Klappvisier(Helmet) = 3,175 Gold

Total = 19,157 Gold

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
Re: Noob again pleas help. (Upkeep)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 01:04:54 am »
What most people do is they have varying different equipment (usually armor)

They use different sets depending on what multiplier they have. Experiment a little.

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 01:16:08 am »
Correct me if you are wrong, but with 19 k of equipment you should be making money, since even at 1x all the time you should be able to maintain around 25k of equipment on average. Someone did the math which assuming 50/50 chance of winning, average multiplier was 1.71 or something similar. I play it a bit safer because of banner balance, clan stack, ghosting and now pin stack, so I assume a 1.5 multiplier meaning if you keep under 37.5 K of equipment you should be fine.

Nevertheless, even when under 25 K of equipment, there may be short stretches when your expensive gear all break. When your horse breaks several times in a row, you are down 10k just like that. but in the long run, 19 k of gear should be very sustainable even if the opposing team is clan stacking, forcing you into constant x1.

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 01:18:19 am »
You got your numbers wrong.
Look at buying price, not selling price

You are using an elite armor and elite weapons, ofc you are not going to make money
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CoWorm

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Conqueror_Worm, Nyarla
  • IRC nick: CoWorm
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 07:30:02 am »
You got your numbers wrong.
Look at buying price, not selling price

You are using an elite armor and elite weapons, ofc you are not going to make money

What he said, you're adding up the wrong numbers. If you look at your equipped gear on the equipment screen it adds up the price for you. As other have said around 25k or under and you easily make money. I have been using around 40-45k lately and still make some over time, just have to save up abit first and hold out for thos x4 and x5 to gain back what's lost on x1.

Offline Quadro

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 08:18:09 am »
Ah thankyou very much for the replies and for pointing out my mistake. The correct figure is 30k of equipment, no wonder I felt like I was losing money.

So now that you've figured out the problem for me, what would be your suggestions for gear? I understand most people would find out themselves but a point in the right direct wouldn't hurt.  :o

So with the gear I have now some cheaper armour is in order, not forgetting I'd like a horse but its difficult knowing what the upkeep will be like for anything. I suppose keeping below 25k as you said is the general idea. Cheers for anyway replies in advance, again very much apprecaited.

Offline Mirendill

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 09:00:51 am »
Well personally I have gone with.
Mail with surcoat
Heavy bastard sword
Wisby gauntlets
Khergit leather boots
Barbutte

Brilliant balance between protection, weight, offence and price.
this is around 22k worth of equipment (yes merchant price)

I am considering to replace with mail with surcoat with a transition heraldic armour.

Offline CoWorm

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Conqueror_Worm, Nyarla
  • IRC nick: CoWorm
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 10:03:42 am »
I'm a new player and no expert by any means, but I've been trying to use cheaper items where it doesn't matter as much. Cheap shoes, how often do you get hit in the legs as infantry? Cheap/no helmet, how often do you actually get hit in the head? Do you really need a expensive weapon just because it's expensive and shiny? Take a look at stats, try a few different things and find out what works.

Basically I just stroll around in Heraldic Mail, Leather Gloves, Rus Shoes, Knightly Heater Shield and a Steel Pick. That's just 19k or so. Add on a Light Crossbow and Steel Bolts as a rather expensive anti horse weapon and I'm up to 29k. Still makes me money quite steadily and suits my play-style very well.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 11:42:01 am »
Cheap shoes, how often do you get hit in the legs as infantry? Cheap/no helmet, how often do you actually get hit in the head? Do you really need a expensive weapon just because it's expensive and shiny?

wrong thing to go cheap my friend. you do get shot in the legs more than you think and for the head gear its more protection from slashes than arrows youll get one shotted by a good bowman everytime anyway, so if i see your weakness you bet ill go straight for it (i play 2h) and if you have nothing on your head or feet that will be my first strike and with my build i one shot you in a second. i also believed leg armour was only for cav but its importatnt for inf aswell.

if playing a shielder id rather go for normal leg and head armour and use lower body armour since the shield already gives you armour, and aslo use lower tear axe that isnt hard to upkeep and yet you have bonus against shield and can do pretty well with it.

around 25k equipement should get you through a gen with atleast 50k earned if not even more.

good luck
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 11:51:03 am »
Cheap shoes, how often do you get hit in the legs as infantry? Cheap/no helmet, how often do you actually get hit in the head?

Very often. With crossbow I aim for the legs every time I notice the lighter armor there, they aren't hard to hit at all.
And I assure you, when I am using twohander, I am especially happy when I see someone with no helmet coming towards me. Usually, all it takes is one left swing and we have one dead noob.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!