Author Topic: Lower the arrow weight..  (Read 5080 times)

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • There can be only one....Winner of each round.
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
  • Faction: The Highland Clan,KUTT
  • Game nicks: (Crpg)Sword_for_hire,MACLEOD_
Re: Lower the arrow weight..
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2014, 12:07:01 am »
Please keep supporting.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:18:41 pm by MacLeod_ »
Devilize vrs. MacLeod
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2014, 04:18:54 pm »
Bump.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2014, 05:09:36 pm »
+1
Bump.

Give it a rest... people called you out, on your bullshit build, no wonder inf can catch your fat ass.

Your not supposed to be able to run n shoot, when you deliver huge chunks of dmg.

Go fucking retire like the rest of us, if your unhappy with your build, no need to come here crying for getting your shit fixed without thinking of the shit storm your "fix" would result in...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:12:47 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2014, 06:24:33 pm »
+1
If only there was a built-in system that limits running speed but keeps good acceleration for ranged.

With the recent changes, I think it'd be fine if arrow weights were reduced to what bolts are now, at least. Medium/Heavy 1h cav destroys them pretty badly right now, the extra acceleration would help them in quite a few areas. Hopefully a more elegant solution in the future could be crafted.

Do it please mighty item balancer San

It's fair anyways since archers usually carry 2 stacks of arrows and crossbowers have 1 stack of bolts and it is enough. It's a small buff, and archers will still be unable to kite unless they sacrifice a ton of damage for it. When the only archers who can run from tincans are the ones who cannot kill them anyways, what's bad about it?
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2014, 06:50:57 pm »
+3
When the only archers who can run from tincans are the ones who cannot kill them anyways, what's bad about it?

That's the way it should be
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2014, 07:44:02 pm »
+2
That's the way it should be

+1

If the archers can do high dmg and outrun people, mod will successfully have turned into Mount and Arrow. Way more people would start playing ranged, even myself, because why not at that point.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2014, 02:15:46 am »
+1

If the archers can do high dmg and outrun people, mod will successfully have turned into Mount and Arrow. Way more people would start playing ranged, even myself, because why not at that point.

Some of you guys are just ignorant trolls grow up and do the numbers like I have before spitting your shit all over my post. Especially you Tzar you must be like 9 years old. Seriously if you dont have a real counter response then don't even post here and I am talking about numbers and real game shit not your crappy melee power nonsense. Oh archer blade they can run..fuck you. You don't even know man your response is useless garbage that has no backbone. Along with Tzar who should be watched for flaming and if he flames again I am going to report him.

Can I get real responses here now guys ty.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2014, 02:21:21 am »
+3
Some of you guys are just ignorant trolls grow up and do the numbers like I have before spitting your shit all over my post. Especially you Tzar you must be like 9 years old. Seriously if you dont have a real counter response then don't even post here and I am talking about numbers and real game shit not your crappy melee power nonsense. Oh archer blade they can run..fuck you. You don't even know man your response is useless garbage that has no backbone. Along with Tzar who should be watched for flaming and if he flames again I am going to report him.

Can I get real responses here now guys ty.

Getting heated and shit talking is not going to help your point man. Good job killing your own suggestion.

Counter response : Arrow weight used to be low and now it is high for a reason. Maybe if arrow weight was always high your suggestion would make sense, but this community has already dealt with low arrow weight and the response was no.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2014, 02:26:18 am »
Getting heated and shit talking is not going to help your point man. Good job killing your own suggestion.

Counter response : Arrow weight used to be low and now it is high for a reason. Maybe if arrow weight was always high your suggestion would make sense, but this community has already dealt with low arrow weight and the response was no.

There is  a difference between low arrow weight and balanced arrow weight. I think 5-6 would be manageable. Also I didn't kill my post I am just standing up to the trolls so back down you will never win against me. I am speaking to all the trolls not you specifically.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2014, 02:29:04 am »
+3
Real response from an archer :

No.
The arrow weight nerf was well deserved, and is still needed.
If you can't "evade" cav, then stick with infantry. You can't expect to be able to deal with everything on your own.
'Tis a team based game, you know ? You could still slightly increase the arrow weight, and it wouldn't change the archer's life.
They learned to deal with it. Try to do the same.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2014, 02:39:32 am »
Real response from an archer :

No.
The arrow weight nerf was well deserved, and is still needed.
If you can't "evade" cav, then stick with infantry. You can't expect to be able to deal with everything on your own.
'Tis a team based game, you know ? You could still slightly increase the arrow weight, and it wouldn't change the archer's life.
They learned to deal with it. Try to do the same.

I bet you didn't even read my ideas,you just posted. It is not well deserved and tell the others it is a team game so they don't leave you in the back to die from cav because you are too slow to keep up.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2014, 02:56:28 am »
+4
I bet you didn't even read my ideas,you just posted. It is not well deserved and tell the others it is a team game so they don't leave you in the back to die from cav because you are too slow to keep up.

Just going off your highlighted parts.
(click to show/hide)

A pure archer should be very fat because A) They are focused on shooting from a distance, not kiting and pointblanking. B) They should not do well in melee at all because they are dedicated archers.

Cavalry wrecks archers simply because cavalry always wrecked archers. In history and in games. Acceleration bonus would be fine but arrow weight doesn't need to be lowered for that to happen. Also, cavalry doesn't really counter archers well unless they use really heavy cav or are extremely careful. Heavy cav upkeep is insane and you almost always lose money. Light fast cav is not as expensive, but 2 archers that see that cav can take him down no problem.

Throwers/xbows do have some advantages in kiting/dmg wise against archers, but they can not get as much ammo/accuracy (some xbows are very accurate if built well but the reload time is insane) and their style is supposed to be different. Not all ranged should be compared to each other as if they are the same.

TL;DR : I understand your pain but with the amount of archers on, I doubt a buff will be coming out for them. You also can't really argue realism in this game because realism doesn't equal a fun game for any class.

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2014, 03:23:20 am »
+2
Bows have way further reach dont forget that.
Don't turn your (valid) point into an argument against throwers.

Yeah. Also more ammo.
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2014, 03:31:55 am »
+1
Just going off your highlighted parts.
(click to show/hide)

A pure archer should be very fat because A) They are focused on shooting from a distance, not kiting and pointblanking. B) They should not do well in melee at all because they are dedicated archers.

Cavalry wrecks archers simply because cavalry always wrecked archers. In history and in games. Acceleration bonus would be fine but arrow weight doesn't need to be lowered for that to happen. Also, cavalry doesn't really counter archers well unless they use really heavy cav or are extremely careful. Heavy cav upkeep is insane and you almost always lose money. Light fast cav is not as expensive, but 2 archers that see that cav can take him down no problem.

Throwers/xbows do have some advantages in kiting/dmg wise against archers, but they can not get as much ammo/accuracy (some xbows are very accurate if built well but the reload time is insane) and their style is supposed to be different. Not all ranged should be compared to each other as if they are the same.

TL;DR : I understand your pain but with the amount of archers on, I doubt a buff will be coming out for them. You also can't really argue realism in this game because realism doesn't equal a fun game for any class.

I want archer love.                       So you go and tell your King,MacLeod will not be slow nor will any archer while I live.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2014, 07:40:08 pm »
+4
I feel an opinion from one who has played both melee and archer is needed here. A few posts on here have stated that melee with archery is actually viable. This is a very flawed argument, before I retired I was using a nordic short sword with 21/18 4ps 27 1h wpf. I did some practice duels on eu3, for what is medium armour these days it took at least 8 held hits (some to the head) on most occasions to kill an enemy. That is also with the most PS a normal level archer will have. I would not say those are viable melee capabilities.

I do not really have anything to add to the arrow weight discussion, I just wanted to address the "archery has plenty of melee capability" claims. I personally think this is actually a good move for archery, it solves  most of the problems which made archery overly annoying.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 07:43:49 pm by CaptainQuantum »