Author Topic: A Goat's thoughts upon the dissolution of an empire  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Adoptagoat

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Know your Goat.
    • View Profile
A Goat's thoughts upon the dissolution of an empire
« on: August 02, 2013, 02:34:32 am »
+7
From the keep of Nova Grunwalder castle, Adoptagoat, Lord of TKoV, Conqueror of Khudan, Most Illustrious Wielder of the Lawlpike, Rider of Goats, Crutcher of Levels, Administrator of the Law and Uncle to The Kingdom of Veluca,- Acting Steward to the Kingdom of Veluca and Velucan Empire could see the vast expanses of the former Velucan Empire in all 4 directions.  To his east, the crownlands, held by The Kingdom proper.  Sworn to support the Lord Emperor God King Robert, the Goat's own nephew.   The crownlands remained loyal to their liege.  When the grizzled lord closed his eyes, he could see the royal purple banners flying over the Kingdom's fiefs, the warm welcomes he had received from the lords and captains that the old campaigner had visited in years past.

To the South and West, he could see the great mountain holdfasts of the Empire's former vassals, remaining in open rebellion to their rightful Emperor's rule.  The once loyal Hounds were scattered, the castles and fiefs they held in trust for the God Emperor were either sold off for personal gain or abandoned to foreign barbarians or encroaching neighboring Kingdoms, some which had previously declared friendship and had bled, side by side with the old Lord, much to the his chagrin "We helped them before, and in our moment of weakness, they seized upon our lands", the Lord seethed .  The acting Steward of Veluca shook his head, "for what?" he asked the wind, "So Bonesaw could wear a crown for a week?"  It was somehow worse, back in the keep, where he could see upon the map the few lonely strongholds in the desert that Les Chevalier Occitan had remaining when the empire had shattered, mere weeks away from LCO capitulation

To the north was where the Lord most dreaded to gaze.  He saw the frontiers of the renowned Murder Boners.  The MBs stood in active opposition to their former Leader's decrees.  They remained in opposition to their former Lords and refused to relinquish the lands granted to them by the charter of the Velucan Empire, despite having abandoned the most illustrious Empire in the North American Fiefdoms.  He could envision the MB Lieutenants and Sergeants, who were among his oldest companions, who the Lord had trusted and fought beside personally, regardless of Empire diplomacy-even before their oaths of fealty to the Empire, who were in open arms against their former allies and benefactors.  What hurt most was the knowledge that one of his oldest comrades had defected to take up arms and command against his own nation.

Adoptagoat fingered the letters which his scribes had prepared.  The contents were nonsense to the layman, the foreign dignitary, or even to the loyal Lords of the Kingdom of Veluca.  Only the shadowy operatives of the Goat Faction, to whom the Lord of Veluca had sent private feelers out in the Empire's days of prosperity, members of the Kingdom whose experience with the old Lord had made their fealty to the revered Goat first and foremost before their loyalty to the God Emperor.  These operatives had continued to serve the Goat in his service to his Leader, and would have been able to decipher the code embedded in the nonsense missives.  Adoptagoat seethed at the insults to the Empire, and to the very structure which had made the most feared faction in the North American Fiefdoms a mean and, while not insignificant, not a major piece of the greater war which was brewing in the lands of Calradia.

The De Facto Steward sighed, and looked away from his borders.  His eyes wandered to the yard within the castle.  He saw the bustle of training, recruitment and trade which had always revolved around the stone castle, as long as the Kingdom had controlled it.  But what he missed was more important to the Lord.  He could not see the former military leader of the Kingdoms.  He presumed Hobb remained in his chambers in Ergellon, enthralled by the harpy in whose talons the Goat had last seen him, the very one which had led the former leader from the Imperial military Capital to the border stronghold.  Adoptagoat could picture the ring which he had seen, right before leaving the outpost, upon the former leader's finger, which had left Hobb within the harpy's thrall.  He could also picture his liege-lord's drunken orgies, within the walls of the capital proper, the invitation to which had always made his stays in the Imperial City brief.  But lastly, the grizzled Lord could see the hoof-prints, which led the proper Steward of Veluca away.  His return was assured to the old Veteran, the weight of command,  which he used to bear so easily,  would be lifted from his shoulders, in time.  The Old Lord was torn.  "Is this the time?" He asked the air.  "Was this what the Goat Faction has worked towards?"  The acting ruler summoned his messengers, but while waiting for his most loyal squires, the seasoned veteran paused,  The missives remained in his grasp.  He quickly thrust them in the beacon fire upon the rampart.  When his squires arrived, he told them to bring food, but first, ale.  "not yet," the old man mused to himself, "not yet."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 01:22:20 am by Kalam »
Adoptagoat: http://i.imgur.com/p5s51.gif
Voso the Worst: thats you
Adoptagoat: I know.

Offline Adoptagoat

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Know your Goat.
    • View Profile
Re: A Goat's thoughts upon the dissolution of an empire
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 02:52:29 am »
+4
TL:DR- Read it or GTFO you spergs.

Edit: Fuck it, here you go: HoC sold lands they had no real right to(were given lands which we had equally fought for because they were TVE), and outside kingdoms broke truces(SS) and friendships(Frisia, Raven, by extension) to pick them up, and paid outlandish sums of which we(TkoV)have seen nothing.  Chaos is the only faction which acquired land through our fall which did not break an explicit or implied agreement(but at the same time, acquired Velucan lands for nothing, as far as TKoV is concerned) .  MB has resisted every excessively diplomatic suggestion by us, including equal fief power relocation, after having only received those fiefs after accepting vassalage.  Also, they dropped faction and attacked us within a day.

You are all very lucky I don't still lead the faction, As TKoV is still stronger than any faction that has betrayed us in the fall of TVE.  I am acting as the de-facto leader of the council and playing into their interests, rather my own.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 03:59:08 am by Adoptagoat »

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 04:03:37 am »
... and friendships(Frisia, Raven, by extension) to pick them up, and paid outlandish sums of which we(TkoV)have seen nothing.  Chaos is the only faction which acquired land through our fall which did not break an explicit or implied agreement(but at the same time, acquired Velucan lands for nothing, as far as TKoV is concerned).

You are all very lucky I don't still lead the faction, As TKoV is still stronger than any faction that has betrayed us in the fall of TVE.  I am acting as the de-facto leader of the council and playing into their interests, rather my own.

We had passage agreements to TKoV which Bonesaw violated, not us. You are aware that Bonesaw declared war on us, right? Everybody on the map knows he went crazy and wanted to go out with a bang but in doing that he caused the downfall of his faction.

Saying we betrayed yall is a bit much.

Offline Adoptagoat

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Know your Goat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 04:11:42 am »
We all know you're a bit touchy on the ehonour front, Relit.  But your Allies seem to have gained a bunch of land off of what was formerly TVE without a word to us.  Bonesaw being a drunken 'tard shouldn't have voided the respect between our factions, and still hasn't.  In my personal opinion, which this thread speaks of, you acquired de jure land from our empire without discussing it with us.  By the laws of CK2, sure, they were retarded rebelling vassals, but a reasonable diplomatic person would consider that before annexing a part of my Empire.

Edit: Honestly, were it up to me, your faction would make concessions before they continued to be run around being the ONLY faction allowed to trade our S&D.  We'll see what Tristran says when he's back in town.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:19:32 am by Adoptagoat »

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 04:19:20 am »
+1
The Hounds declared independence and sat there for a long time, you lost your cores (eu3 style). So you really have no claim to that land anymore. Technically we are still allied with TKoV and a trading partner... That you took this long to express any issue with the recent events is strange. This is a settled issue as far as we are concerned.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 04:19:55 am »
+3
We had passage agreements to TKoV which Bonesaw violated, not us. You are aware that Bonesaw declared war on us, right? Everybody on the map knows he went crazy and wanted to go out with a bang but in doing that he caused the downfall of his faction.

Saying we betrayed yall is a bit much.

Goat's just pissed HoC wrecked a lot of plans the VE had along with taking a hefty portion of gold, manpower, and fiefs. Then the VE lost those fiefs to other factions because bonesaw gave up right after rebelling. Its what a lot of us felt after he went through all that trouble to fuck us over then quit.

Eh.

You're good people relit but the whole situation just leaves a bitter taste in our mouths.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adoptagoat

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Know your Goat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 04:28:02 am »
They did NOT sit there for a long time. Bonesaw took a week, MAX to go nuts.  As long as you're talking "technically" I know of no alliance between us, just friendly support between friends.  Of all factions, excepting fcc (strat 2 history) former Nh should know my love for their clan (rip diggles).  FFS you guys would stick with me in NA 1 when I was running off to suicide.  Which only makes it the worse when you take our fiefs without talking to me or my buds, when a former vassal goes nuts.  By all rights, you should've handed halmar and friends back to us, and you know what? With our friendship and limitations we probably would've talked to Frisia ourselves.  What's done is done.  You conquered Halmar instead of reclaiming it.

But honestly, I'm the interim leader, when trist gets back, he'll probably go right back to kissing your expedient ass.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:31:16 am by Adoptagoat »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 04:46:49 am »
+3
It does seem a poor show when someone who you consider to be friendly seizes rebel fiefs off you and don't enter any form of discussion with you about it.
Turtles

Offline Adoptagoat

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Know your Goat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 04:50:05 am »
+1
Well, apparently, I was mistaken, and our clans are officially closer than is public. All the more reason for you not to take my retarded vassal's land  and give it to your retarded vassal(excepting sanders), thereby creating strife between us.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:58:21 am by Adoptagoat »

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • Renown: 303
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 05:02:42 am »
+2
To my memory, it took less then a week for tVE to collapse. I left TKoV specifically for how poorly the entire situation was handled; albeit, multiple parties did associate in the complete and pathetic wimper of a noise, as one of the greater factions North American Fiefdoms divided for ridiculous reasons.

I did my campaigns with TKoV in Strat 3 & 4 and have good comrades still amongst them, still, it was pathetic on most all parts.

As for the land disputes... Much was lost that we all worked to gain. Such a waste to see it all go like that and waste tickets to internal disputes.
Nevertheless, it's interesting to see these new super factions form.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 05:07:17 am by Jaren »

Offline Adoptagoat

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Know your Goat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 05:06:35 am »
To my memory, it took less then a week for tVE to collapse. I left TKoV specifically for how poorly the entire situation was handled albeit multiple parties did associate in the complete pathetic wimper of a noise as one of the greater factions North American Fiefdoms divided for ridiculous reasons.

Did my campaigns with TKoV in Strat 3 & 4 and have good comrades still amongst them, still, it was pathetic on most all parts.

As for the land disputes... Much was lost that we all worked to gain. Such a waste to see it all go like that and waste tickets to internal disputes.
Nevertheless, it's interesting to see these new super factions form.

Super Factions are only interesting if you lead one
Source: Led super faction

You too, Jaren, should be seeing windfalls from sales of velucan fiefs, more so than most.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 05:20:18 am by Adoptagoat »

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • Renown: 303
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 05:20:00 am »
+1
Super Factions are only interesting if you lead one
Source: Led super faction
Shitty breakdown due to miscommunication and poor handling of leadership leading to a collapse of a super faction.
Source: VE
Ah... Too soon, my b.

Nah, I'm just out for the wanderlust of catapulting and xp.
All the good qualities in strat.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 05:28:50 am by Jaren »

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 05:33:54 am »
give it to your retarded vassal(excepting sanders)

Wait... what?  Who the hell is a vassal of the Ravens?  CHAOS?  Semen Storm?  The Aggregate Alliance?  Occitan?  Please clarify.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 05:47:50 am »
+6
Pretty sure I contacted and spoke briefly with either Hobb or Tristan (I think Hobb) when the whole HoC collapse thing happened. No objection was made about us fighting them or concerns about the fiefs' future ownership. Coordination on the attacks was also mentioned and he said TKoV might/probably make a move, but didn't hear from him again.

Kind of weird to bring this all up a month later, and in an emo-ish manner on the forums. Please message me here or on steam if you want to discuss further.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 06:12:32 am »
+1

outside kingdoms broke truces(SS)

I guess I'll address this: