Author Topic: Patch :)  (Read 635 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Patch :)
« on: January 07, 2011, 11:09:34 am »
+1
Hi there,
this is one of my first, if not first, post on here, so please be kind :)

Anyways, i have read a lot about the patch and gameplay afterwards, so i decided to put up something small also, as my two cents.

I started playing C-RPG and M&B in general like one month ago and i loved it, i got myself third generation char with 2h spec, running around in heraldic mail with balanced tears, was fun, altho i am having issues with manual blocking untill now, but, working on it :P Going to battles, trying to survive first few battles as close to them but as save as possible. Getting 5 in PS so i was actually able to slash someone in two or crack a shield with hammer felt so damn good. I was "powerleveling" my last character to 30 so i could enjoy the fun of 6 athletics and loads of WPF, but, then the patch came...

I logged in on the website to find out my transferred wpf are gone, my lvls are gone and that i will have to pay upkeep now :( I went to the game, as i had set gear for my top tier on the website, first two rounds costed me 4800 + 4900 on repairs, i had like 8k total by then, i had to play few more hours to make up for the loss (as i am usually on the losing side :( ) I was more frustrated than thrilled, and was thinking to even quit, but then few friends came online, we went into battle in leather armor and we had loads of fun getting down horses and stuff. In one afternoon after 0.200 i made round 30k gold, i can wear two good weapons and almost my best armor (xcept gothic plate, even tho i wear that on ocassions, repair now costs 1200 or something instead of 4800, so affordable pretty good :)).

As always, there are people that are having issues adapting to changes, those are the one that whine on the forums. I have been thru a lot of patches in a lot of games, which changed them quite hard, but me and my friends just got over, as we will get over this.

Just give the guys like week or two to do the tweaking and i believe it will be as enjoyable for all of you as it used to be till now, even tho, i dont get it, as i am having fun even now (makes me sad when my friends are on winning team and i am losing, you can hear the happiness in their voice on TS, and you are getting angry of no xp/gold:D )

So, have fun playing, get some friends to try the game out (as fresh starts is always good after some major changes, the new people get adapted pretty well :P) and thanks for making this even more enjoyable, now we actually have to think what gear to use to maintain positive balance and work as team to bring down plated horse as a bunch of leather wearing people :D )

And if you want to bitch about something, give it some time untill its tweaked.