Author Topic: Why oh why are 2h and pole arms still OP?  (Read 20685 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Why oh why are 2h and pole arms still OP?
« Reply #255 on: July 19, 2011, 11:21:28 pm »
Gorath, I've a mission for you. You'll enjoy it.

Take a balanced 2h build [your build is, iirc], grab a great maul. Block once, then castor swing Hilt-slash lightsabre people.
Funniest shit ever. It won't glance, even if you start the swing touching them. The likelihood of knockdown is hilarious, and as soon as a big hit happens you can forever-overhead crush them unless they get a quick swing off after being hit.

I've never felt dirtier as a player.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #256 on: July 20, 2011, 07:56:22 am »
(click to show/hide)

What does any of this have to do with any part of what you quoted me saying?  2hers facehug better than 1h/polearms.  That was the only thing I commented on in your quote.  So what's your babble about?   :rolleyes:

(click to show/hide)
Yes actually, it's my go-to tactic with my warcleaver of all weapons whenever I see a 1her.  Facehug HIM and slash away.  He glances on me, I full damage slash him, fight is over.  Aim up or down, don't just swing at his center mass and as always spin/turn into the swing.  You shouldn't glance with your longsword either as it's better stats overall, though perhaps it's just because my mancleaver has a semi-decent cut value.

(click to show/hide)

Wasn't arguing this fact, lol.  Especially with Strat here, though I might argue that a good crutchthrough build is better for strat in many situations than a 1her, but 1her is absolutely more useful overall.

(click to show/hide)
Yet unlike you I've been a 2her that posts about the parts of my class that are strong without lobbying to make it seem underpowered.  Your bias is showing far more than whatever random bias you think I have against....my own class?
 :rolleyes:
You're still a raging moron, but I never expect(ed) that to change. 

(click to show/hide)
L2Aim somewhere other than dead center ffs, lol.

Gorath, I've a mission for you. You'll enjoy it.

Take a balanced 2h build [your build is, iirc], grab a great maul. Block once, then castor swing Hilt-slash lightsabre people.
Funniest shit ever. It won't glance, even if you start the swing touching them. The likelihood of knockdown is hilarious, and as soon as a big hit happens you can forever-overhead crush them unless they get a quick swing off after being hit.

I've never felt dirtier as a player.

:mrgreen:
I'm way ahead of you.  I'm actually respeccing asap to abuse the great lol fun.  My build is balanced, but only 18/18.  So I'm redoing the stats to go 21/18, or perhaps I'll straight rip off Palatro's great lol build and go 20/21.  Long maul doesn't seem to be quite as abusable, but I think that's more because it only has 70 speed instead of 80 like the great lol.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:59:25 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #257 on: July 20, 2011, 12:25:16 pm »
greatlol is better, more weight = more stun + more speed = it works.
i've tried the long maul, it does not work well. Besides, factor in 2h bonus length and pole arms length subtraction, long maul only ends up with 110 reach and great maul with 83. The difference is not that much considering you have to block first with a maul anyways.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.