Zeus
8 (7.1%)
Kuyak_Hero
1 (0.9%)
Skinboat
6 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: April 28, 2015, 10:59:55 pm

Author Topic: NA servers - Game Admins Wanted  (Read 51992 times)

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
Re: NA servers - Game Admins Wanted
« Reply #540 on: April 24, 2015, 07:11:47 am »
Woah, talk about projection... Anyway, I don't see much of a point adding new people to the list if there won't be an opportunity for players to vote for them.

And for the record, I don't even really like the idea of voting for our admins anyway. Shouldn't this be a decision in the admin team that considers how well they will get along with the admins and community while regulating their own bias?

And also for the record, as a democracy loving American, I think you might prefer to live in a place like Russia or North Korea where governments are assembled in such a way.  I'd rather take a drunken, elected, steel worker from Pittsburgh such as Skin over that any day.
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #541 on: April 24, 2015, 07:21:02 am »
+6
Jason, please go to bed. You're embarrassing yourself.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #542 on: April 24, 2015, 07:21:12 am »
+11
And also for the record, as a democracy loving American, I think you might prefer to live in a place like Russia or North Korea where governments are assembled in such a way.  I'd rather take a drunken, elected, steel worker from Pittsburgh such as Skin over that any day.

hello i don't play here much but

Your post is a hyperbolic piece of steaming cunt-shit. This is a once-great mod that is on life support. Hell, I haven't re-installed it on my new PC. Probably won't. I'm only posting here because I'm a shit-dick 3rd shift worker and good lord is it boring. Only thing I have to watch out for is some motherfucker that keeps trying to rob us.

Anyway, your appeal to authority (AMERICA FUCK YEAH AM I RIGHT) is fucking useless. Are you going to vehemently denounce the executive's privilege to appoint officials because they were not elected by "democracy"? Comparing the politics behind adminship to a dying, once-great free mod to a popular internet game to North Korea?

m8, you're not being epic as you might think.

A democracy-loving American is a fool, a masochist, or someone that truly believes in a cause that has little chance to succeed.

I think you're the first one, tbh.

alright later guys i don't even know why i was here

btw dionysus was my favorite squid bar none, actually informed and intelligent

(click to show/hide)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 24, 2015, 07:25:55 am »
hello i don't play here much but

Your post is a hyperbolic piece of steaming cunt-shit. This is a once-great mod that is on life support. Hell, I haven't re-installed it on my new PC. Probably won't. I'm only posting here because I'm a shit-dick 3rd shift worker and good lord is it boring. Only thing I have to watch out for is some motherfucker that keeps trying to rob us.

Anyway, your appeal to authority (AMERICA FUCK YEAH AM I RIGHT) is fucking useless. Are you going to vehemently denounce the executive's privilege to appoint officials because they were not elected by "democracy"? Comparing the politics behind adminship to a dying, once-great free mod to a popular internet game to North Korea?

m8, you're not being epic as you might think.

A democracy-loving American is a fool, a masochist, or someone that truly believes in a cause that has little chance to succeed.

I think you're the first one, tbh.

alright later guys i don't even know why i was here

btw dionysus was my favorite squid bar none, actually informed and intelligent

(click to show/hide)

Over thinking it man...  I got finals coming up just blowing off some steam and the squids are great for that :mrgreen:

Have a good night all  :lol:
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #544 on: April 24, 2015, 07:28:35 am »
+3
Over thinking it man...  I got finals coming up just blowing off some steam :mrgreen:

aiight, then uh

good luck man

I don't know, you've had a history of posting things much sillier than that, and been serious the whole time. I mean, I guess until it just gets too stupid then you might pull out a "i was trollin'!" card.

Then again, I've had a history of posting walls of text against anyone posting things I think are silly, so I'm a jackass too.

just consider yourselves lucky that I used to actually care a lot about this game, so now my walls of text are once a month and very short

cheers

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 24, 2015, 07:43:58 am »
+3
I'd
aiight, then uh

good luck man

I don't know, you've had a history of posting things much sillier than that, and been serious the whole time. I mean, I guess until it just gets too stupid then you might pull out a "i was trollin'!" card.

Then again, I've had a history of posting walls of text against anyone posting things I think are silly, so I'm a jackass too.

just consider yourselves lucky that I used to actually care a lot about this game, so now my walls of text are once a month and very short

cheers

I'd take anything said around here with a grain of salt.

Actually, skins a pretty cool guy and wouldn't make the worst admin ever, the only criticism I have is that he's not on as often as many of the other applicants.

Ok, this time I'm out for real. night!

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #546 on: April 24, 2015, 09:59:32 pm »
+1
Jona, Dio and Skinboat for admin 2028! (Assuming selecting new admins will not take as long as expected)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:09:22 pm by Switchtense »
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Captain_Skinboat

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skinboat, Aquaman, KRAKEN VERY SCARY
« Reply #547 on: April 24, 2015, 10:08:27 pm »
+1
Jason, I play just about monday through friday, and most weekends too. And your normally the drunk one who sits in spawn typing every round at 1am.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #548 on: April 24, 2015, 10:14:18 pm »
+1
Jason, I play just about monday through friday, and most weekends too. And your normally the drunk one who sits in spawn typing every round at 1am.

Skinfloat for admin
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #549 on: April 24, 2015, 10:16:04 pm »
Skinfloat for admin

Didn't mention you cause I don't think I've ever killed you ingame. Thus making me stop liking you.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #550 on: April 24, 2015, 10:41:05 pm »
Hey guys,
I have thought about this for a while and would like to put my name in for an admin position. I would love to do it, am definitely active enough, and can definitely make the commitment to being a just enforcer of the rules. I already do my best to minimize trolling and negative behaviour in my faction and would love to be able to help the community as a whole with trolls/griefers. I cannot speak too much for the EU community but I think I can safely say I am well acquainted with the majority of the community NA side.

I am easy to contact and certainly could put in a presence in IRC chat. I can have access to the website/forums all day weekdays and about 70% of weekends. I am very active on NA servers often playing for hours daily. I am also very active in strategus battles. As far as taking criticism, I feel I am generally exposed to a fair amount in the community anyways. I do not forsee this being a problem. I would have no problem warning/kicking/banning any member of the community breaking the rules. This would extend to my faction as I do not want any of my members breaking the rules anyways.

I am active most days, play by the rules, and would not hesitate to enforce them against friend or not.

Photo attached:
(click to show/hide)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #551 on: April 24, 2015, 11:24:07 pm »
+3
Lol. Sorry you'll get no sympathy from me, really sick of admins complaining about the community (as without the community they would have no power), whether explicitly or implicitly as here.  It's not as though everyone else doesn't get trolled.  If anything people lay off or kiss ass to admins out of fear or frustration (generally).

I'm not complaining about the community, it's just kind of an accepted fact that players will troll admins in any online game. And it doesn't bother me, it's usually pretty funny and harmless shit. If you could see all the things people have said in "i chat" ...  :lol:

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #552 on: April 25, 2015, 01:26:51 am »
Didn't mention you cause I don't think I've ever killed you ingame. Thus making me stop liking you.

Just throw lances at him  :lol:
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #553 on: April 25, 2015, 01:31:20 am »
+2
The anticipation is killing me.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #554 on: April 25, 2015, 01:33:42 am »
+1
Well, there goes playing for two years, I don't even get a vote on the poll when i have 20 more gens than 75=% of people, XX Adelade, +43 gens that I have atleast seen once etc etc

How many gens? Why do i have no idea who you are
Leader of BS