Zeus
8 (7.1%)
Kuyak_Hero
1 (0.9%)
Skinboat
6 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: April 28, 2015, 10:59:55 pm

Author Topic: NA servers - Game Admins Wanted  (Read 51586 times)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: NA servers - Game Admins Wanted
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2013, 06:42:48 am »
I would like to post a candidate support sign on my lawn for the following people who want to be admins.
1. Cochon
2. Warborn
3. San
4. Hobb

This list is composed of highly respected cRPG players who would make great admins and have my full support.
(click to show/hide)

So you're saying I'm not respectable?  I see how it is...
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2013, 07:45:48 am »
+4
Heyy, I could do this again! I did a pretty fair job back on Acre and the community servers! I've been playing a lot more recently since coming back from my vacations, and I'd love to help out!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gawin

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • My pic ^^
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Gawin, Fallen_SantaRudloph, PR_Red_Ranger the leader of the power rangers
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2013, 07:56:34 am »
+2
MUDA PUKA PICK ME!!

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2013, 05:47:43 pm »
+19
Kaoklai and his voting policy

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2013, 11:56:33 pm »
+6
anyone who wants to be admin should never be admin

Yeah, fuck that (not really, I wholeheartedly believe it, yet I am as flawed and hypocritical a human as any). I now want to be admin if for no other reason than to enforce commonly abused rules, like team hitting/kicking/nudging not with a conciliatory friend, but random people who are not interested in participating.

• Obvious troll posts will be ignored, if you want to be taken seriously you'll have to do your best to be serious in your post here.
Why so serious?
I've done so within the past couple days, though I'm more active in battle than strat.
  • You must be willing to put your position and the rules in front of your feelings towards people. Letting your friends get away with murder is no way to administrate.
This is where having no friends comes in handy. (no offense, handful of coolios)
  • You must be able to take criticism well. You will sometimes be put down and disliked for your actions, but you have to be able to deal with it with decorum.
Not a concern.
  • As of right now, we don't have admins with permissions on just one server. If you're made admin you will be one for all of the official NA servers (1, 2, 3, 6, 7)
Sounds good, I get on DTV every once in a while as well, wouldn't mind having the ability to keep things civil there as necessary.
  • Being easy to contact helps a lot. Watching for PMs, paying attention to the ban section will be practically required. Familiarize yourself with IRC if you haven't already, and hang out in #mount&blade-crpg on QuakeNet, or just use the IRC webchat feature on the forums.
PM on these forums would be the best (only) way to contact me, as I compulsively click on here whether or not I even read or respond to anything. Otherwise my only concern here is having played with no chat since that became available, then only with team chat when that was introduced as an option. I may have gotten too accustomed to the relative serenity it offers and am unsure of what having to revert back to full chat, and on top of that actually having to pay attention to everything being said, will do to my psyche.
  • It would help to know when you are typically playing the game, and how often you'll have access to the website/forums.
As of now, just about anytime. That can change at any point as life does. Or at least I hope it does, if I'm not to be doomed to a life of crpg and nothingness.
  • Keep your post simple. Posting about your experience and qualifications is great, but there's no need to go into too much detail about your past. If you're being considered, you will be contacted.
I have no experience or qualifications.

Regarding my hesitance about chat and having to be invested in all the nonsense that goes on, if I do happen to end up being considered for admin, I'd like to suggest it be for a trial period where both "the powers that be" can judge my.... performance? And so that I can see if this is really something I can handle or if I'd really rather prefer to stay in my cocoon as long as possible without any responsibilities beyond having fun when I feel like it. I imagine this is already the policy, but throwing it out there just in case. Also, I am very flaky and tend disappear for long stretches of time. So there's that.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2013, 11:58:49 pm »
+1
Heyy, I could do this again! I did a pretty fair job back on Acre and the community servers! I've been playing a lot more recently since coming back from my vacations, and I'd love to help out!

Earthdforce was a good admin when he was one for the Acre servers, was fair and easy to get along with, never had a problem with him or his decisions.

+1 to him.

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2013, 04:33:45 pm »
+4
This is pretty much my original application:

I'd like to apply for NA Adminship. My in game name is ZyloRage. I've never had any trouble with players, am pretty well known in the regular crowd, and have never been banned or really reprimanded for anything. I feel I have a pretty good grasp on the rules, a pretty good relationship with the general public, and feel I'd have a fair and unbiased outlook on admining.

Thanks for the consideration.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2013, 04:54:57 pm »
+5
I would like to nominate Raven_Relit and Raven_Zan, both longtime players, honest/anti-cheater on public servers and strategus, and very observant.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2013, 06:37:31 pm »
+3
so is this happening or what?  1 months of discussion not enough?

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2013, 07:40:33 pm »
+1
This is a long process. It took almost 2 months for me to go from the Q&A phase to actually being an admin, and that was almost a month after I applied. It takes a lot of deliberation and discussion to select new admin candidates so don't feel discouraged if we're silent.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2013, 08:00:42 pm »
+6
I would like to nominate Raven_Relit and Raven_Zan, both longtime players, honest/anti-cheater on public servers and strategus, and very observant.

It would be a extremely bad idea to have me as a admin in this community. I would be heavy handed with enforcement, which is something the devs and general admin guidelines do not support. Zan would be a much better choice.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2013, 10:10:26 pm »
+3
It would be a extremely bad idea to have me as a admin in this community. I would be heavy handed with enforcement, which is something the devs and general admin guidelines do not support. Zan would be a much better choice.

Relit don't tolerate no foolishness.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2013, 08:57:43 am »
+1
There are two admins who don't abuse their powers on the north american servers.  Two. 
Adding more admins won't change anything and most likely just make it worse.

I vote for cleaning house.  All new admins all new abuse!

Thank you this is exactly right.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2013, 05:02:07 am »
+6
I have decided to apply for this position due to the general lack of adminship I see whenever playing.

I have been a part of this community for a little over 3 years, but only recently started to become a regular.  I have seen this mod grow overtime and I myself have grown with it. Being that I am a relatively new face, and not one that everyone greets upon entering any server, I think it helps me remain neutral when making decisions.  Countless times I have seen 'famous' players get away with acts that others would be kicked / banned for.  I am not part of any clan other than my own private banner clan, save for my rarely-used alts. Regardless of being in a clan or not, I would never play favorites.  I would probably punish a friend before a stranger anyways, as I hold them to a higher standard.  Also, I might have gone on record as being an "admin-hater" simply because I am rather vocal in my beliefs and would therefore hopefully bring some minor, but much-needed changes to the system. For too long has the admin circle appeared to be a group of besties in a clubhouse who have pulled up the rope ladder, letting the rest of us to play in the mud. 

For the record, I mostly play NA_7 and NA_2, and only rarely venture into NA_1. And to be honest I almost never see any admins in siege or dtv; I only ever encounter them in NA_1 (save for Desire who occasionally wonders into dtv).

Applicable Traits:
  • Level-headed
  • Never rages (its just a game, after all)
  • Able to see through lies and deception

Prior bans:
  • None (as far as i can recall, anyways) except for a couple minor ones given from Desire all in good fun

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2013, 05:21:22 am »
I have decided to apply for this position due to the general lack of adminship I see whenever playing.

I have been a part of this community for a little over 3 years, but only recently started to become a regular.  I have seen this mod grow overtime and I myself have grown with it. Being that I am a relatively new face, and not one that everyone greets upon entering any server, I think it helps me remain neutral when making decisions.  Countless times I have seen 'famous' players get away with acts that others would be kicked / banned for.  I am not part of any clan other than my own private banner clan, save for my rarely-used alts. Regardless of being in a clan or not, I would never play favorites.  I would probably punish a friend before a stranger anyways, as I hold them to a higher standard.  Also, I might have gone on record as being an "admin-hater" simply because I am rather vocal in my beliefs and would therefore hopefully bring some minor, but much-needed changes to the system. For too long has the admin circle appeared to be a group of besties in a clubhouse who have pulled up the rope ladder, letting the rest of us to play in the mud. 

For the record, I mostly play NA_7 and NA_2, and only rarely venture into NA_1. And to be honest I almost never see any admins in siege or dtv; I only ever encounter them in NA_1 (save for Desire who occasionally wonders into dtv).

Applicable Traits:
  • Level-headed
  • Never rages (its just a game, after all)
  • Able to see through lies and deception

Prior bans:
  • None (as far as i can recall, anyways) except for a couple minor ones given from Desire all in good fun

Anyone who made the decision to join HoC doesn't have good enough judgement to be admin.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.