Zeus
8 (7.1%)
Kuyak_Hero
1 (0.9%)
Skinboat
6 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: April 28, 2015, 10:59:55 pm

Author Topic: NA servers - Game Admins Wanted  (Read 51540 times)

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
NA servers - Game Admins Wanted
« on: June 25, 2013, 05:52:10 pm »
+16
New thread due to bloat and lack of guidelines in old thread. If you've applied in the old thread, please post again here. We could definitely use a few more levelheaded folks!

Post here with your bid to become an admin on the NA servers. Tell us why you think you should be an admin.
  • Obvious troll posts will be ignored, if you want to be taken seriously you'll have to do your best to be serious in your post here.
  • Review the Official Server Rules and the Strategus Rules for good measure. It will be your responsibility to uphold them.
  • You must be willing to put your position and the rules in front of your feelings towards people. Letting your friends get away with murder is no way to administrate.
  • You must be able to take criticism well. You will sometimes be put down and disliked for your actions, but you have to be able to deal with it with decorum.
  • As of right now, we don't have admins with permissions on just one server. If you're made admin you will be one for all of the official NA servers (1, 2, 3, 6, 7)
  • Being easy to contact helps a lot. Watching for PMs, paying attention to the ban section will be practically required. Familiarize yourself with IRC if you haven't already, and hang out in #mount&blade-crpg on QuakeNet, or just use the IRC webchat feature on the forums.
  • It would help to know when you are typically playing the game, and how often you'll have access to the website/forums.
  • Keep your post simple. Posting about your experience and qualifications is great, but there's no need to go into too much detail about your past. If you're being considered, you will be contacted.

Please note that not everyone who posts in this thread will be given admin powers. There is currently no limitation on the amount of people wanted, nor a limitation on time for new additions.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
Re: NA servers - Game Admins Wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 06:11:09 pm »
+35
I'll throw my hat into it.

I've been part of this community for the longest time, have admined on the NA Community servers and have no ban history. I'm mature (and old), level headed (for the most part) and have a very different style of administration than Canary - both of which can benefit the community. I believe being an amin is a privilege and not a right and am offering myself not for personal power gain, but to give something back to the community.

I believe in: warn -> kick -> ban and in mutes for extreme trash talking (such as racism). I tend to take things lightly if they are not meant in a malicious manner or disrupt the fun for the rest of the players severely. I play on siege a lot these days and have a ton of alts that can sneakily admin you out of the shadows  :twisted: I am also very active on the forums (don't tell my boss). I hold my "in game friends" to the same or probably even higher standards than others.

Thank you for your consideration.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Rain

• Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 8
  • An honest man is always a child
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Mantra, Tigersblood, Rain
  • IRC nick: Rain
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 06:31:02 pm »
+3
I would like to try my luck as well.

If nothing else I feel like I've been very consistent in my time playing Crpg.  I have never been muted, banned, kicked and I have a firm grip on the rules and regulations.  I understand that being an admin in this game means that there are only the rules and there is no favoring one side or the other.  I understand that friends do not follow a different set of rules and will not receive special treatment.  That being said  I feel I could benefit our current admin team as I am easy to get a long with and take criticism very well.  I very actively monitor the forums and am in game for at least 4 hours a day.  I have respect for our current admins and for our community and I feel like that is what we need more than anything at this time.

Thank you and I hope you will consider me a possible candidate currently or in the future.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 06:44:10 pm »
+2
 .page 24
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:24:52 pm by Jack1 »
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 07:11:39 pm »
+2
I would be willing to work as a game admin.

I am unbiased and get along pretty well with everyone in the community.
Never do I shitpost and only have been banned for 1 hour ever.
I THINK desire would put.in a good word for me.

best regards, Tojo

Offline Ostulor

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 07:28:34 pm »
+11
Here's a link to my old post. I'm a bit less active than I was before, but not much else has changed.

Also, dynamike was a great admin on community. He'll do a great job here as well.
<18:48:55> "Rhaelys": just think of using chopsticks as the utensil equivalent of caressing someone's hair

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 08:56:40 pm »
+7
Hello, this is my formal application.

I've been an active member in this community since August 2010, starting off I may have taken a couple of hits to my record from Goretooth, but since then I'm pretty sure it's completely clean.  However, that's not the point, I believe our community deserves more people who are willing to uphold a proper execution of the rules.  I've grown to know these rules very well in my time, and I've always been vigilant to report those who break them after they've agreed to abide upon joining the server.

Despite whatever I post in the Diplomacy section, I consider myself to be quite neutral with the entire community, as I think most people don't even realize who I am and often refer to me as 'Dracul' or 'Spaghetti guy' or even closer 'Spaghetti Mage'.  There's no one that I like or dislike more than anyone else in the community, and I try to keep it that way for the sake of my own gameplay.  I prefer to look at the people I'm fighting as the person I'm fighting rather than a friend who I should avoid or an enemy that I should get to at all stakes.

I'm usually active during the later hours, 9:00 PM - 2:00 AM (PST) is when I'm on the most.  However, I do play during the day relatively frequently, and it's not unusual that I play on alts with no tag, but I always fly the great yellow and blue banner to synchronize efforts with my fellow clan mates.

In conclusion, I've been playing this game for a long time; my record is clean; neutrality is key; I am the night.  I certainly hope you consider my application and if you have any questions or comments please direct them to me on steam or via private message. 

EDIT:

dynamike was a great admin on the Community server, would love to see him be an admin here as well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 09:12:52 pm »
+2
I would like to be admin... I have no ban history, and im SUPER good at everything. I never rage or use slander towards anyone. I probably would be the bestmin you could ever have.
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 10:00:43 pm »
+12
anyone who wants to be admin should never be admin

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 10:08:53 pm »
I believe everyone knows me well enough. :lol:

So If you really need me, I'll be available. I don't play as often as I used to, but I'm pretty active and around pretty much anytime during the week, and less active weekends.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 10:13:56 pm »
+8
Might as well throw my name in the hat.

I've been around for a little while now, and save a couple of silly posts late at night haven't done anything to stupid. I often find myself playing siege when no admins are on (which to be fair is just about always), besides that I have a completely clean record as far as in-game and on forum goes. I am working part time and going to school part time, however during prime-time (in specific from 9pm EST-5am EST at least)  I'll usually be online, so I'd say my effective activity level will be pretty good. I also have regular access to the forums, and check them rather often (which is actually quite unhealthy). I have some minor experience being an admin on a NW server, and while that is not nearly as complex or involved as this would be the principle is similar. 

Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Cyranule

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 12:22:11 am »
+28
There are two admins who don't abuse their powers on the north american servers.  Two. 
Adding more admins won't change anything and most likely just make it worse.

I vote for cleaning house.  All new admins all new abuse!

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 12:24:34 am »
+3
There are two admins who don't abuse their powers on the north american servers.  Two. 
Adding more admins won't change anything and most likely just make it worse.

I vote for cleaning house.  All new admins all new abuse!

Agreed. Canary, you should remove ALL admins, and make the old ones re-apply, showing that they are still here. Cause I only see the same few admins now a days.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 12:34:52 am »
+6
Also I would like to add that I am already at a "hated" status with some people on the forums who keep downvoting everything I post. So in that regard I am already qualified for the hated for no reason part of being an admin! :D

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 12:39:51 am »
+26
I have been playing for almost a year now and think I have a good understanding of the rules. I usually play between the hours of 5pm-12am EST.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.