Author Topic: a snake in the grass  (Read 15292 times)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
a snake in the grass
« on: May 19, 2013, 09:01:49 pm »
+17
Seems one of our newer members had an agenda when he joined, use other peoples time to enrich himself.

Waited to get some responsibility. Was given a fief and troops, gear to defend it. Then sold it all (troops and prob about 1.5 million in gear along with a fief in our territory) to LL for CRPG gold or looms.

Beware letting Saxton join you. Makes sense that he kept asking for a fief when he joined the faction.

If it matters we do not hold LL responsible for this. Apparently Saxton went to them with the deal. They took it. Wish they had come to the leaders first (since we were being robbed) but that is not their responsibility.

We tried to work with them but were unable to come to an agreement thru no fault of either party. They paid for it so the deal was done. I doubt the snake would have returned their items so we can not fault them for wanting to keep what they paid for, they can keep it till we come get it back.

(This likely will not happen but worth asking) We would love for the Devs to take away the ill gotten gains from Saxton. The gold or looms should be removed from his account, to send a message to others who would join a faction to get rich quick. In my mind this should be treated like robbing someone on the market.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:41:36 pm by BaleOhay »
Leader of BS

Offline BoneSaw

• Earl
  • Renown: 301
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (HoC) Green regime
  • Game nicks: King BoneSaw
  • IRC nick: Glorious Supreme Leader Democratic People's Republic of HoC
Re: a snake in the grass
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 09:12:47 pm »
+7
Been on my blacklist for months. Weird kid.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ildist

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • hehexd
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS, THE MATES
  • Game nicks: Ildist_of_Chaos
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:15:23 pm »
+13
i'd prolly drown him irl if i ever met him
Malaclypse: now every time I eat them I think about her that girl's snatch
Malaclypse: it tortures me
That Guy: wat

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 09:46:22 pm »
+5
Yeah i actually feel a little bad for LL - he lied to them and said he got the fief and troops and gear by paying us crpg gold so they would take the deal and omitted mentioning we would just attack it and take it right back screwing over LL as well.  Lied to everybody for a couple looms - the funny thing is he lost out on an armory with hundreds of looms where we would free up items for borrowing whenever he asked for them - short-term stupidity.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 09:52:45 pm »
+14
(This likely will not happen but worth asking) We would love for the Devs to take away the ill gotten gains from Saxton. The gold or looms should be removed from his account, to send a message to others who would join a faction to get rich quick. In my mind this should be treated like robbing someone on the market.

Not that I know anything about strat or give a shit, but isn't this sort of treachery part and parcel of the Strategus Experience?  I thought most people wanted sanboxy freedom à la EVE where duplicity and double-dealing aren't restricted by arbitrary rules. 

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 09:59:00 pm »
+4

Bad luck. But as far as strat goes, this is kinda what the devs want. Backstabbing and back room deals. Makes for a very interesting  party. Sucks when someone screws others over though :(

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 10:04:09 pm »
+6
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 10:04:31 pm »
+4
It's definitely within the spirit of Strategus until CRPG goods get involved. If he did any trading with CRPG gold, then I think that would go against the rules of the marketplace. Anything that was traded over the marketplace as part of this deal should go back to LL.

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 10:18:47 pm »
+5
Pretty good move on his part even if its for CRPG gold or looms. He managed to get into a position where he could take one of your fief away without spilling 1 drop of blood. I don't see why that kind of backstabbing should not be allowed in strat even tho it sucks for the people on the receiving end.
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 10:21:26 pm »
+1
So that was what he wanted to contact me about. I don't think I would have taken the deal anyway!  :lol:
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 10:25:27 pm »
Guys like him shuld be banned.
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline In Cauda Venenum

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 21
  • not actually gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Saturn_of_Chaos
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 10:31:06 pm »
+5
this is the strat drama i've been waiting for.
step it up, small sons, saxton's set the bar for the 'sneakiest shit' title.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 10:39:19 pm »
+3
It is certainly something people can do. We just felt others should be aware of what kind of person he is. He screwed over LL and us in order to get some cRPG profit, that is his choice, but I doubt anyone else wants to trust him in strat again; I would advise people not to.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 10:48:42 pm »
It was an FCC plot from the getgo! Saxton is a double-double agent!  :P
We tried to work with them but were unable to come to an agreement thru no fault of either party. we really just want to forcefully remove them from the fief and add their looms to our armoury  :twisted:

Yeah i actually feel a little bad for LL - he lied to them and said he got the fief and troops and gear by paying us crpg gold so they would take the deal and omitted mentioning we would just attack it and take it right back screwing over LL as well. Lied to everybody for a couple looms - that we will be keeping when this blows over and Saxton is welcomed back as a hero to the cause

In all seriousness though, that does suck for all parties. It's unfortunate that a mutually beneficial agreement couldn't be reached, and hopefully LL doesn't get too raw of a deal out of this.

Offline Saxton

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos (nigger central), BRD (kesh sux my ass)
  • Game nicks: Saxton
  • IRC nick: Saxton
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 10:53:04 pm »
This thread is half nerds that don't understand how the game should be played (A.K.A Bale, Kesh, BoneSaw, Lasko), and people who think what I did was a good thing. Reality is to those of you who are raging nerds is that you trusted me with your goods, i betrayed you, thats how it works. Now, you (Kesh) can try and get me banned off every TeamSpeak server you want, you won't be able to. Try and hunt me down on the strat map, i like a little competition. Try and get the devs to take the stuff i traded for away, they won't.

For those of you who are wondering what exactly i gave to LL:

Around 2100 shiny armored troops
400,000 strat gold
FCC's #1 hit-list spot
Ownership of Nova Tahlberl

Everyone can expect some good XP to come from this!

EDIT: This hasen't been on my agenda for too long, past few weeks at most. So don't beat yourself Bale ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 10:57:15 pm by t9981 »
I guess I haven't made enough of an impression this strat.  Feel like the fat girl at the homecoming dance.  No one wants to dance! I'm also a raging friend