Author Topic: IF YOU ARE A FAN OF HISTORY (this is for you)  (Read 862 times)

Offline Dillinger

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dillinger
IF YOU ARE A FAN OF HISTORY (this is for you)
« on: May 15, 2013, 09:31:15 pm »
+6
I've been listening to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History Podcast for a long time now and i thought i would pass this gem along to you!

This guy puts out some awesome free content all devoted to history. Trying to be as unbiased as possible, he really paints a vivid picture of whatever subject he is covering.  The average episode is 2 1/2 hrs long and some of his best pieces are series. If you have a long commute, or just want to chill and learn something new, I highly recommend this podcast (if you haven't discovered podcast's yet, prepare to have your mind blown by the sheer amount of free knowledge out there). 

Some notable episodes/series:

- Wrath of the Khans (5 part series documenting the rise and fall of the Mongol Empire)

- Death Throes of the Republic (6 part series documenting the fall of the Roman Empire, starting with the Gracchi Brothers)

- Thor's Angels (Single 4 hr long episode documenting how europe fell into the Dark Ages and then continues up to Charlemagne)

There are many more great free podcast's on his site (there are also great paid ones), but these are some of my favorites.  You can also find his podcast's on any major podcast manager.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:58:26 pm by Kalam »

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
Re: IF YOU ARE A FAN OF HISTORY (this is for you)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:55:25 pm »
This is funny, I clicked on this thread as I'm listen to part 5 of Death Throes.  :lol: The Khans was great, and even a bunch of the one-off "blitz" ones dealing with a particular idea or another are wonderful. Good stuff!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dillinger

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dillinger
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 10:15:48 pm »
For sure man! Logical Insanity was a great Blitz episode. Just finished "Prophets of Doom" and can't wait for his next episode. It sucks that it takes so long for him to release a new one, but i guess i cant blame him. He puts a lot of work into them and it sounds like each episode puts a toll on him. If you haven't checked out his other podcast yet (Common Sense), i would check that one out as well. The subject matter is a lot more touchy, but i feel like the shit that he covers, needs to be said. Too many people have no idea whats going on in the world because the only news they are getting, is watered down garbage that has turned the majority of people into squishy turds.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 11:30:12 pm »
Oh cool, hadn't heard of Common Sense (lol). I like touchy subject matter so I'll have to look into it, heh.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 12:11:19 am »
Just started listening to Common Sense - ep. 246.

Damn right. Been speaking up about the same thing IRL for a while now.

Good find, bookmarked, thanks :)

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 482
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 12:48:06 am »
Thank you so much for sharing the info man

Love and kisses
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"