Author Topic: Yeah, I have an issue with current NA Strat.  (Read 3806 times)

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
Re: Yeah, I have an issue with current NA Strat.
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 10:57:27 pm »
Well when everyone else is fighting us it sure wouldn't make much sense for us to fight each other.

Nobody was fighting you before FIDLGB went at it, you're at war with us but all our resources are used fighting someone else and you're fighting Hosp who are crippled and have no way of even reaching your border to bring the fight to you. I don't see how you can say everyone is fighting you when in fact nobody is.
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 11:50:20 pm »
+1
Nobody eh? We've been at war pretty much since the start and most factions are at war with us; just because they aren't sending troops at us right now doesn't mean they wouldn't jump in on us at the worst time. I understand why people want FCC and VE to go to war but just cause it would benefit the enemies of FCC and the enemies of VE doesn't mean it would benefit VE or FCC >.>

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 01:15:07 am »
+4
It's like the War of the Birds meant nothing to you people.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 01:39:34 am »
+1
Nobody eh? We've been at war pretty much since the start and most factions are at war with us; just because they aren't sending troops at us right now doesn't mean they wouldn't jump in on us at the worst time. I understand why people want FCC and VE to go to war but just cause it would benefit the enemies of FCC and the enemies of VE doesn't mean it would benefit VE or FCC >.>

While, Yes you have been at war, you have not been invaded, until now, by any faction you've been at war with. So in essence, you've got, as Casimir and Tomas have pointed out, been amongst the strongest NA clans with large amounts of garrisons doing...well jack squat other than Chaos and it's affiliates. Semenstorm too.

The most active "at war" clans are the LCO and VE and Fimbul who have the lowest ratios. This was garrisons, but the point still stands. You've turtled up pretty heavily and never been invaded.

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 01:42:11 am »

To be totally honest i don't really care about you going against VE anymore, it would have been nice months ago, now it makes no difference since the general interest toward strat is waning. Just trying to get the facts straight, you had pretty much no opposition in this version of strat, if i am wrong please do tell me (lets not talk about KUTT plz) but if you take a sec to look at the map, you guys are comfy in your seat looking at who you're gonna mess with next.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 01:48:03 am »
+3
actually we have been attacking since strat started. Non stop attacking. Defense is the easy mode. If anything people should be more impressed we have been able to keep the logistics going to maintain a far reaching multi front constantly attacking war going since the start of the round. That includes more than open field and fief combat post broken siege weapon patch

turtled up means you sit inside your fiefs and do nothing.. We have been out fighting. You need a new definition of the term turtle. We have been using the Best defense is a constant offense. Do not give anyone time to attack the home land by always being in theirs.
Leader of BS

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 01:59:18 am »
actually we have been attacking since strat started. Non stop attacking. Defense is the easy mode. If anything people should be more impressed we have been able to keep the logistics going to maintain a far reaching multi front constantly attacking war going since the start of the round. That includes more than open field and fief combat post broken siege weapon patch

turtled up means you sit inside your fiefs and do nothing.. We have been out fighting. You need a new definition of the term turtle. We have been using the Best defense is a constant offense. Do not give anyone time to attack the home land by always being in theirs.

Ah, but you have one of the HIGHEST turtle ratios on NA.
So in essence, you've got, as Casimir and Tomas have pointed out, been amongst the strongest NA clans with large amounts of garrisons doing...well jack squat other than Chaos and it's affiliates. Semenstorm too.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 02:02:02 am »
+1
oh in that case. to hell with the truth lets trust the math!
Leader of BS

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 02:05:13 am »
oh in that case. to hell with the truth lets trust the math!

Not saying you were wrong, just that you have a high turtle ratio. you should read the quote I said more fully since I only cut out the math part about garrisons.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2013, 02:12:53 am »
+2
yes but it is statistics. It is not difficult to get the numbers to say whatever you would like them to say. We have a lot of troops at home. Certainly. But we also have more troops in the field and far from home. We have had that consistently, over the round.

This our third invasion of the steppes. We invaded the tundra. We visited SS lands for an invasion. Now while still in the steppes we will be going to work in Chaos/Bowler lands hopefully soon. So the turtle value while an interesting number does not really tell our story.
Leader of BS

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2013, 02:14:00 am »
+1
Not saying you were wrong, just that you have a high turtle ratio. you should read the quote I said more fully since I only cut out the math part about garrisons.

I don't even know why he says turtle but lets just say you had pretty easy wars so far and i'm not saying that out of hate for your faction, it's just the truth when you look at what kind of rosters Hospitallers can muster 90% of the time.

I will also add one last point, while it is true defense is easier in a city or a castle, when a clan constantly attack a village with 1500 troops and that we fight so far in the field that our defensive advantage (buildings) are rendered useless, you cant come up with the idea that we have it easier because it is just not true. The gear is also a non factor because Its equal pretty much everytime. VE got churburgs and brigs over mail and we have some corazzinas and the rest is basically VE gear so basically the same shit they have

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2013, 02:18:32 am »
yes but it is statistics. It is not difficult to get the numbers to say whatever you would like them to say. We have a lot of troops at home. Certainly. But we also have more troops in the field and far from home. We have had that consistently, over the round.

This our third invasion of the steppes. We invaded the tundra. We visited SS lands for an invasion. Now while still in the steppes we will be going to work in Chaos/Bowler lands hopefully soon. So the turtle value while an interesting number does not really tell our story.

You give your clan way too much credit man it's not like you to go around bagging like that =/. It's like i was saying we are still around because were so powerful everybody else is shit, bow down before out might.. It's not the case, we are still around because of many things and many people and LCO is just a small part of the whole picture

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2013, 02:24:41 am »
+1
hi shinny. Was not pointing fingers.

Or saying gear or anything. Was just a basic blanket statement.

Defense as a general rule is easier. regardless if it is in a fief, city, open field etc. (granted some maps this is not the case)

I am also not saying anything bad about any faction here. People have to do what they have to do. If set upon by odds that make defense the better option you better believe FCC will be doing the same damn thing. So remember who is typing. I am not an insulting kind of guy. I am not here to break anyone down.

I was just trying to say as much as people can dislike the FCC we have done some impressive things in strat while generally on the offensive. Running up those ladders into the great mauls. Charging into those pike walls while being knocked over by the horses. Recently hosps have not had the ability to put up great fights but overall they have been great enemies. I would not lesson them an inch by saying they were not hard fought victories. They made us earn every inch.

Kutt we overwhelmed due to them being new to land ownership on the map. I would not say it was easy. Still took some impressive strategy to pull off the way we did it.
Leader of BS

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2013, 02:39:30 am »
I don't even know why he says turtle but lets just say you had pretty easy wars so far and i'm not saying that out of hate for your faction, it's just the truth when you look at what kind of rosters Hospitallers can muster 90% of the time.

I will also add one last point, while it is true defense is easier in a city or a castle, when a clan constantly attack a village with 1500 troops and that we fight so far in the field that our defensive advantage (buildings) are rendered useless, you cant come up with the idea that we have it easier because it is just not true. The gear is also a non factor because Its equal pretty much everytime. VE got churburgs and brigs over mail and we have some corazzinas and the rest is basically VE gear so basically the same shit they have

I would point out that we actually have taken all our cities by force except for sargoth, while it should be noted that every castle and city occitan has ever "taken" in strat 4 including on eu side has been bought or given to them.  We are not turtles or traders - as Bonesaw would say "we pay the iron price".

As for those turtling statistics they just were computed at an odd time for us (highest we have ever had), mainly because we had a bunch of active players in Hosp lands attacking, had just bought 7000 troops, we didnt have someone to run more troops out to hosp lands for the moment, and we had heard through the grapevine  chaos and company were planning to attack us and so we needed to keep 15k troops on our borders to counter their 30K+ of them and their green allies.  We have been in a near constant state of warfare since the beginning of strategus and have fought more battles than any other 2 clans in na combined (and i include all the biggest factions) and have the largest number of enemies of any faction.  If you computed those turtle stats now they would be half what they were when those were computed which mathematically is decidedly not turtling.

I know you guys dont like us, but the fact is we have done a LOT to help make this a more enjoyable strat iteration with numerous castle and city attacks at prime time and dozens of fun village fights as well.  If we had been so inactive we sat in our fiefs for 9 months straight doing nothing (cough chaos, Fidlgb cough) before ever attacking anyone there would have been half as many na battles and fun, organized xp making opportunities.  So as much as you hate us you also need us
(click to show/hide)

Also, Bale is right we have found the best defense is a constant offense.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:47:21 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2013, 02:50:07 am »
+4
Kesh_Bringer_Of_Fun, give me a hug, everything's gonna be fine