Author Topic: NA siege Server Rule Update!!!  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
NA siege Server Rule Update!!!
« on: May 01, 2011, 04:02:28 pm »
******Updated Rule on Construction Sites on NA servers******

NO SIEGE EQUIPMENT OR CONSTRUCTION SITES ALLOWED ON THE NA SIEGE SERVER!!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:54:05 pm by Nindur »

Offline Barman1942

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: NA siege Server Rule Update!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 07:14:09 pm »
I'm not sure about this. Last night on the siege server there were a couple of people building siege towers in the castle just to block off certain routes. Doesn't seem like the proper way to use them imho.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 09:40:25 pm »
What i heared from chadz it was not intended that siege towers, catapults and healing tents can be built so easy.

Offline chaosegg

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • gen 19 Escapist, Philosurfer, Voluntaryist
    • View Profile
    • I need to know why.
  • Faction: Tigurini
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 10:58:33 pm »
What i heared from chadz it was not intended that siege towers, catapults and healing tents can be built so easy.
Yeah right now it seems like we're playing a sci-fi deathmatch with melee weapons due to the silly fast way things are built....
"All true warriors travel the same river of blood, if one is disgraced, all are disgraced; if one finds his death in glory, so do we all find glory.
No true warrior would allow another to suffer unjust disgrace or begrudge him the fruits of a well-earned victory."

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 11:49:49 pm »
I was initially totally stoked to discover that C-sites are destructible, but watching them in action, I'm afraid they're not quite fixed. Known issues in the new patch:

It only takes 1 construction material to make a healing tent, and I think 3 to make a catapault, etc. If this is intended, pardon me, but I always thought this would be more like a "many hands make light work" scenario with 25+ people donating a material. Or at the least, one guy throwing them down on each respawn, not just lolmagichereyougo!

Another thing is, if you drop a c-site and then use the materials, if you pick up somebody elses weapon it drops a new copy of c-site and materials, effectively giving you infinite of each so you can make ten siege towers in a matter of minutes, or cover your flag in healing tents. I think something similar to this is also going on with ladders.

If you catapault a wall down during round 1, it will be gone for all other rounds in that game. This would be great if you didn't have the chance to be autobalanced to defense after all your hard work only to have it bite you in the ass, haha.

Lastly, the potential to grief with c-sites is still very high, and I still see it being done. People covering the flag with a siege tower (which I might add is damn near unbreakable- at least a healing tent only takes 1 hit), and blocking areas with the now destructible, but still annoying, c-sites themselves. I wish we played in a community that would at least use these things for their intended purposes, and we have some people who do, who are wont to abuse them because they want to see them used properly, but others are, frankly, just trolls.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline 7000bc

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • Vae Victus, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Roma
  • Game nicks: Varros
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 07:40:12 am »
why is the siege server passworded?
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 02:20:25 am »
Please be aware, if you abuse Siege equipment by building towers on flags and stacking towers, etc, you will be punished harshly! Consider this your fair warning!

Offline Barman1942

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 03:25:29 am »
why is the siege server passworded?

I keep getting this too sometimes. Then I'll come back a round later and it's not.

Offline Hestus

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 06:23:01 pm »
I keep getting this too sometimes. Then I'll come back a round later and it's not.

What I have been told is that when Siege fills up, it is automatically password protected. The password does not drop off until populations gets to <70 souls.

P.S.

I have never even seen a catapult.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 11:33:33 am »
Is this rule still in effect? Native_ATS said we can make healing tents/use c-sites again.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Rookie_Gladiator

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 03:02:31 am »
I was building a healing tent and was told its not allowed. I looked at rules and it said nothing about it on the rules. Then they said check forums so reluctantly I came on here to check and here is the rule. This can be confuesing to most people as it was to me. Please put this rule on the rules on the server rules so people dont make siege towers or what not that are new to the server and get banned or in deep **** for it.Ty for your time.

Offline Renegade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • Listen to the monk or feel his Iron Staff ;)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperial Prelates
  • Game nicks: IP_Renegade
  • IRC nick: Renegade334
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 02:05:25 pm »
This rule was designed for a bug where every material made 30 or 35 units for a building. I don't think it's still an active rule, but I'm not sure. But it's not really viable to build siege equipment in siege without 20 people using material ;)
Freedom of opinion doesn't mean that I have to listen to any crap you say. If anyone wants to criticize me or my posts: Outdoors is a wall that would be glad to listen to you.