Author Topic: I think to stop retiring anymore  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
Re: I think to stop retiring anymore
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 10:17:14 am »
+1
I think if you're gen 14 it's worth getting to 16 before stopping. You might end up retiring later anyway if you start feeling like "aww I was so close, might as well get there", and have wasted more time. Plus more xp is more xp, with the bonuses at 16 it flies.

And for a lot of people who say stopping retiring gets boring, I find alts get rid of that problem entirely.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 12:29:04 pm »
Yeah, you definitely need alts, or you will start to hate your boring old character.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 01:39:38 pm »
+1
Yeah, you definitely need alts, or you will start to hate your boring old character.
Exactly , you need alts ... on the other hand there is nothing else standing against to go for it ... you can just stop retirement on your main and generate looms  on the other chars, works pretty good for me i must say^^ unless you dont play much anyways ; but since you said you want to go for highlvl build i imply that you are aware of how much timeconsuming that is ... we are talking many month here at least if you want to hit 35;)
One thing i would suggest is that you should have a pretty good highlevel build with each following lvl station adding something nice at lvl 32+ ( like a selfmade reward ), so you always have a something to look forward to ;) waiting 2 lvlups above lvl32 WILL get a bit boring xD
Afterall, i wish you alot of fun and patience grinding your char, retiring or respecing at high level would be a shame of a waste ...
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 05:09:12 pm »
Made it to 33 not too long ago. Was rather satisfying and fun. And tbh didn't take too long although I'm sure it would have taken twice as long if not longer if not for the huge strat battles we had everyday at the time. Although I did retire, only gen 7 and I want to max my gen bonus, plus my build at 33 was pretty meh.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 05:24:13 pm »
+4
My suggestion is to have a lot of alts to play on a whim, and only stop retiring if you've fallen in love with a build and are dead certain...

tears subliminal clan advertisement everywhere
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 05:28:20 pm »
+2
Getting to level 35 (180 million xp) with gen 1 with an average multi of x2 (2000/minute) = 1500 hours

Retiring 15 times and then getting to level 35 (132 million + 180 million) with an average multi of x2 (2900/minute) = 1793 hours

Because I am lazy this didn't even take into account that you only get the 1450 xp a tick when you have actually reached gen 16, which would probably add at least 300 more hours on the second outcome. Retiring to get to high level faster is not a valid argument. Also, strat battles, no one turns down a level 32, a level 28 is a lot less likely to get accepted.

I personally hated retiring and I stopped doing it as soon as I thought I had enough looms. I have been respeccing my character for 1,5 years now and I havent even once though about actually retiring it. Being low level sucks. If you enjoy retiring, sure keep doing it, if you'd rather be higher level and not bother with being crap level, stop doing it. Actually I retired my 2h alt yesterday, now I am leveling him up to shielder. I like playing a different class enough sometimes to bother with leveling. Still I always have my level 34 OP main when I want to kick ass. For me leveling alts next to a high level main is the way to go.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 05:36:44 pm »
+1
I enjoy playing different builds all the time, so I always retire. I realize I could make alts, but the grind without the xp bonus is a real killer. Not to mention you can't play in strat battles.

Offline Abay

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: badbreaking
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Abay
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 01:52:01 am »
thank you for your advises  :)  I stop retiring then. I need alcohol now  8-)
[17:48] <Vovka> thx chadz