Author Topic: "Performance rating"  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: "Performance rating"
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 11:16:57 pm »
+2
Performance was implemented before Score was. 

Score isn't a fair reflection in many situations either.  It is biased towards shielders and pikers because they stay alive longer and soak up more proximity points, and very biased against ranged since arbalesters get 2-3 points per headshot which is silly.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 01:34:49 am »
Performance was implemented before Score was. 

Score isn't a fair reflection in many situations either.  It is biased towards shielders and pikers because they stay alive longer and soak up more proximity points, and very biased against ranged since arbalesters get 2-3 points per headshot which is silly.

Hey i had good score in that screen shot as an arbs man. Didn't even pick up a melee weapon for that screeny(and still went 31-5). But yea, score is AWEFUL for ranged, and if they get a high score, they are damn good, especially if using xbow only.

Also, I'm good? I'm only mediocre, though my last few battles I have done quite well(even when losing) making good performance(got a 7ish now I think)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 05:22:12 am »
Hey i had good score in that screen shot as an arbs man. Didn't even pick up a melee weapon for that screeny(and still went 31-5). But yea, score is AWEFUL for ranged, and if they get a high score, they are damn good, especially if using xbow only.

Also, I'm good? I'm only mediocre, though my last few battles I have done quite well(even when losing) making good performance(got a 7ish now I think)

Fine, if you say so, though If calling a mediocre player good makes me seem less terrible I'm going to do it  :mrgreen:

But yeah, I did notice with my own crossbow during that siege, every hit I got only gave me +1 score. Though I figured this was because I had 0 wpf and was probably doing 1 damage.

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 06:25:23 am »
+1
wpf is not a factor in determining crossbow damage
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 01:18:43 pm »
+1
Ranged that stand on the walls around where a lot of fighting goes on will get infinitely more score then ranged that do not stand in proximity to fighting.  It does not matter what their score is, this applies to melee as well.  Proximity points in a siege are 60%+ of the points everyone has.  This is very apparent in large strat battles.