Author Topic: Unban Kesh_ATS  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Unban Kesh_ATS
« on: February 20, 2013, 02:17:07 pm »
I have people tell me things in our teamspeak all the time.  Someone in our ts revealed the info without revealing his real identity.  I can't lie and make up someone's name just to appease you cmp.  You can say you think I am lying, but I have no answer but the truth - someone came to our teamspeak using an alias and told us about all this.  No amount of punishing me is somehow going to make it possible to find out the name for you.  No accusations of lying and banning for it can make the truth a lie. 
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Unban Kesh_ATS
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 03:14:29 pm »
I don't have anything directly to add to this, but I've also had anonymous people enter Hospitaller teamspeak and post chat logs or other information that they didn't want to be tied to.

Not that I like Kesh (I doubt anyone would accuse me of that) but I don't think he's far from the truth.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:23:48 pm »
I don't have anything directly to add to this, but I've also had anonymous people enter Hospitaller teamspeak and post chat logs or other information that they didn't want to be tied to.

Not that I like Kesh (I doubt anyone would accuse me of that) but I don't think he's far from the truth.

Stop it Huseby, second post today I have had to agree with.

I am friends with people on both sides, so I like to think I am fairly impartial in my views:

1. If Kesh did indeed multiaccount in strat, then by all means ban him. He deserves it at that point. You keeping him banned because he won't reveal the person who made your admins look bad, is not a good reason in my book.

2. Huseby is right, anonymous people in teamspeaks are part of the game. Hell in Strat 2, it's how we learned about the super coalition coming after us because one of our members listened on a meeting. Espionage is part of the strat intrigue.

3. I can't say whether or not what Kesh posted is true, but the handwaving "I don't believe you" is silly. It's another accusation against the admins, and in light of the recent goings on, shouldn't any suspicious reports be looked at?
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 03:55:44 pm »
It doesn't matter anymore, the multiaccounting ban was confirmed (although it was handled in the wrong way and Smoothrich already lost his admin over it).

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 04:28:16 pm »
Will the ban have the same stuff as the way Greys did? Banned from Strat forever, but still allowed onto crpg, or is it Permbanned?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:29:21 pm »
Nice confirmation, lol.  I didn't multiaccount, never accessed her account and she never accessed mine.  She has her laptop - I have my desktop, she ahs been on our teamspeak all the time and she does what i ask her to do on strategus, she fights in battles with me at the same time, i even had her open up the battle \yesterday to show what was going on though she couldn't be bothered to scroll for me so didnt see all that was going on.  Nowhere did i control her character in game or on strategus  But i guess real proof isn't needed, just speculation.

P.S. I think my gf is happy with all this - more time for me to spend with her and she has no respect for this community and its admin drama.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:47:10 pm by Keshian »

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 04:46:44 pm »
Actually, that's you speculating that we don't have real proof. I obviously can't show you how detection works, because then you'd immediately know how to circumvent it, but I haven't seen anybody complaining when we did that to autoblockers.
You're free to contact me in IRC if you think you've been wronged (and by you I mean you two).

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 04:50:47 pm »
See there you actually have programs to show it, same with multi-accounting - but i know for a fact she ahs never accessed her account on my computer and vice versa mine on her laptop.  So no detection program can show that - all you can do is base it off suspicions of use because i bug her to do stuff or go fight in battles none of which provides documentable proof of what you are accusing me off.  No program can show what you are accusing me of so it has to be based on second-hand information and speculation.  Since I know I didn't access her account I'm left to wonder where all this 100% proof really is - basically second-hand information and speculation is all you need and to be disliked by you.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 04:58:21 pm »
Feel free to think that.
As I said before, if you have anything to say you can contact me in IRC.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 10:50:03 pm »
Dug out old EU logs and found some new evidence that rules out multiaccounting. It doesn't prove that the accounts were used by the respective owners all the time, but it's enough to invalidate the multiaccounting/account sharing ban.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 10:51:59 pm »
Does this mean Kesh is going to be unbanned?

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 11:00:21 pm »
For now there's still the other ban.