Poll

Who do you believe "a little birdy" is

Desire(Scilla)
6 (4.8%)
Smoothrich, all part of his masterplan
29 (23.2%)
Shik, I personally don't think he cares enough.
7 (5.6%)
Tydeus
17 (13.6%)
Jeade (wait where's he been)
2 (1.6%)
Largos, he made so many options to deflect the blame onto others.
7 (5.6%)
It's Kesh, he's a master hacker!
14 (11.2%)
No one, it's all hoax
30 (24%)
Canary
7 (5.6%)
Cyclosided or whatever his name is.
6 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Author Topic: "a little birdy" and admin corruption  (Read 5432 times)

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
Re: "a little birdy" and admin corruption
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 06:45:59 pm »
+3
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Thax

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thax
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 06:48:16 pm »
What I find extremely funny about the whole thing is that Kesh busted himself....he just couldnt keep straight which account he was on when he emotionally responded to someone on the forum. The multi accounting was confirmed by cmp once he looked into it. Im just glad that Kesh was dumb enough to post on trillians account enough times to finally initiate an investigation into the matter.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 07:10:31 pm »
+9
What I find extremely funny about the whole thing is that Kesh busted himself....he just couldnt keep straight which account he was on when he emotionally responded to someone on the forum.

The irritating thing is, when you live with people who sometimes share the same devices, you sometimes forget to check who's account you are on when using forums, from personal experience. Hell, I've even logged into someone else's account for a game once and stared in confusion at the character selection screen for a good solid ten seconds thinking "Who the hell is this? Who the hell is that?" *Eyes drift up and to the right* "Oh...." *Log out and then back in as me*
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 07:11:27 pm »
+7

The irritating thing is, when you live with people who sometimes share the same devices, you sometimes forget to check who's account you are on when using forums, from personal experience. Hell, I've even logged into someone else's account for a game once and stared in confusion at the character selection screen for a good solid ten seconds thinking "Who the hell is this? Who the hell is that?" *Eyes drift up and to the right* "Oh...." *Log out and then back in as me*

Except he claims they dont use the same pc.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 07:12:43 pm »
+7

Would you believe this shit for UIF players who were banned and said the same thing?  Or call them liars and tell them to leave the game?  Fallen are the worst.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 07:27:03 pm »
+5
Background:
This siege of Ahmerrad is the first time I've been part of a big attack in strategus. It has been lots of fun, and both sides are giving it their all. You should have seen the strategus map when Smoothrich got attacked a second time JUST OUTSIDE OF HIS FIEF. So many Hero Party and Occitan armies came to reinforce him, and each one was barely intercepted by mere minutes. It is the most intense moment I have seen since joining strategus. Vick was coming to Ahmerrad with a large army and good equipment. Then he got banned.

Here is what I know. If I am wrong, correct me:

The admins and devs do not know who is leaking information. They tried to contact Vick and ask him if he was guilty. When Vick did not respond, he was banned. This was less than 24 hours after trying to contact him. That is ridiculous enough in itself. Did anyone else get banned for not responding to the question "did you leak admin chat" ? Is it a coincidence that Vick's strategus army was within 1 day of reaching Smoothrich's fief?

I'm not trying to stir shit up. I just want to know why he was banned. I am not upset of Kesh being banned with evidence of multi accounting. I am upset that Vick was banned with no evidence of his leaking information. I never see Vick in TS when I am playing, I don't know him on a speaking basis at all. It just sucks that he has been caught in the crossfire of this drama and his ban disrupted what has been a really fun and engaging strategus attack.

Yeah boo fucking hoo, WITCHCRAFT. I know.  :rolleyes:

The ban for NOT RESPONDING FAST ENOUGH is bullshit. If there is evidence of Vick leaking it, go ahead and post it have an admin confirm it. Then I'd just be mildly disappointed at the anti-climactic end to the siege of Ahmerrad.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 07:29:55 pm »
Is it a coincidence that Vick's strategus army was within 1 day of reaching Smoothrich's fief?

Yes.  He should probably contact cmp about his account and not get sucked into forum drama and it will be resolved.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 09:01:13 pm »
+2
Would you believe this shit for UIF players who were banned and said the same thing?  Or call them liars and tell them to leave the game?  Fallen are the worst.
Yes, I would believe them, but honestly not care about the outcome. I have nothing against UIF players, just certain members of the UIF leadership, but ultimately I have zero vested interest in the majority of the players in this game and the majority can burn in permaban hell or win a million looms for all I care.

Most Fallen, like most Players and People, know not to whitewash or paint an entire clan and instead focus ire on the individuals who are in the spotlight (The leaders), unlike you who judge 130 members off of a dozen or so that loosely interact with you (Our leaders).
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 09:13:34 pm »
+3
should we ban cmp for lying too? i mentioned to him how kesh and another were ban and he said only kesh was ban... but who else would have global vick? Anyways. Typical shit really. Admins interfering in strat at the worst times and fucking things up and thus destroying their own game. They carpet bombed fallen for taking advantage of an exploit they had reported themselves weeks in advance but which they never fixed... so when fallen did it, they get carpet bombed and lost all their best shit just as they were being invaded and ended up losing a battle they would otherwise have won, partly their own fault, but handled poorly. and now here is FCC in the midst of a grand offensive against Hero Party and the guy who just happens to be going to deliver the (hopefully) final blow is Globally Banned on the SUSPICION of leaking information that NEEDED to be seen by the public. Anyways, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out I guess. It sucks that just when I was starting to get an interest in this game again they started providing all these reasons for me to lose that interest.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1690
  • Infamy: 2451
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 04:04:03 am »
+4
should we ban cmp for lying too?

Yeah, ban the person who's working hard on improving this mod :rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with recent events, nor I care. All I know that Kesh isn't the brightest star in this community and that he used to leech on EU servers a couple years ago, for few weeks. I'm talking about suicide charging, I've tried to point that out to admins but they either didn't care or didn't thrust a new guy's word against someone who is a popular, long time player. Not to mention that suicide charging on EU server, during the time most of his friends/countrymen sleep is something, even someone like me who used to play way too much cRPG, would call serious antisocial/antigaming and downright nolife behaviour.

To say it short, I don't believe a word your friend Kesh says, not because I don't like him because I don't know the dude to like him or not. It's because I know he lied about that and that tells me he's lying again.

About admins and cRPG, I just want to say that it should be done differently in their upcoming game. I wish for professional admins but I'm aware chances for that happening are very low. Even if they keep choosing admins from community pool, at least I wish there will be some vertical hierarchy. But most important, community shouldn't have any effect on admin decisions. I've seen Unban Kesh topic and just like every other unban thread, it's full of "friends and family" defending their bro, not because he's innocent but because he's their bro. Sooner or later admins and even developers are affected by that and silly decisions are made. It's not about defending yourself with arguments, it's about who has the most buddies cheering up for him. Like a darn Facebook contest...

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 04:11:36 am »
+3
The part you are missing is where Kesh was ban from cRPG because of these accusations; then permaban from strat/crpg because he posted logs of a chat between the admins who ban him from crpg initially. Also, another player has been permaban from strat/crpg because they suspect him of leaking the info. Also, cmp promised Kesh an unban if he would give up his source of information, which suggests that if kesh did break rules then cmp would pardon him if he sold someone else out for revealing logs, or that cmp would just ban kesh anyways thus breaking his word; and that is all assuming kesh is guilty of things other than posting logs he shouldn't have had access to.

all in all; this stinks.
no i am not seriously suggesting banning cmp; im just saying that things are retarded and cmp also handled this poorly.

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 04:14:47 am »
+1
No Dateline investigation special with Anders now?
We might have to change it up a little, how bout I'm Dr.Phil and you're Mante Te'o's fake girlfriend. In all honesty I'd be up for it smooth but there's not much of a point to do it now, but if you want to I'm down for it.

Oh and by the way I called it with my politician anology, a lot of people thought smooth would lose his adminship but I was the only one to say when.
P.S. why'd you guys put this in general discussion, it's about admins isn't it?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 04:27:42 am by LordLargos »
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 04:32:33 am »
+4
This is all kinda funny and dramatic, can't we all just hug and make up?

Also,

FREE VICK 2013

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 06:07:42 am »
+3
Voso I can't stop watching your signature and wishing I had something that awesome.
P.S. wish there were sound effects.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Sir Ryden

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • Fat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fat?
  • Game nicks: Fat
  • IRC nick: Ryden
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 06:18:43 am »