Author Topic: What is THAT?  (Read 81163 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: What is THAT?
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2011, 01:29:08 pm »
Just got this in siege, not sure what it did.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2011, 07:19:32 pm »

AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! CHANGE THE ENGLISH TO BRITISH ENGLISH AND NOT AMERICAN ENGLISH! I normally don't give a flying fuck on a holy three, but 14th century English with AMERICAN spelling? SHAME ON YOU!

No need to scream.  Also if it was in 14th century English you wouldn't even be able to read it.  (Try reading Chaucer's Canterbury Tales in the original English).
Besides British English is so inefficient, with adding all the extraneous letters.  Spelling it the proper way saves an unneeded u, thereby conserving zeros and ones.

Offline FromDust

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2011, 10:15:34 am »
  Received it yesterday in the DTV mode. I do not think that it is based on K / D. If so, it will be easy to get by abooze fake duel. Rather, it's about time games in the same set of armor. A bonus is just for wearing all subjects who were wearing at the time of receiving the bonus. Something like the set +1, +2, +3.
Or just (not) funny joke  :P

Offline BaldRider

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2011, 04:11:11 pm »
Tell us  :(

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2011, 05:24:58 pm »
yeah, doubt it has anything to do with kills and deaths, because i usually always have good kills with minimum deaths, i played yesterday for most of the day in the same gear and i still haven't seen this message, we'll see what today brings, i feel left out... :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2011, 05:53:37 pm »
yeah, doubt it has anything to do with kills and deaths, because i usually always have good kills with minimum deaths, i played yesterday for most of the day in the same gear and i still haven't seen this message, we'll see what today brings, i feel left out... :(

You're a merc, you should be left out  :twisted:

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2011, 05:55:42 pm »
You're a merc, you should be left out  :twisted:

I can't belive I have to remind you AGAIN...

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2011, 06:01:21 pm »
Nemeth, take your cleaning kit and get back to shining my shoes, not his.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2011, 06:08:50 pm »

theres a random component

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2011, 06:09:14 pm »
Mine needs a shining too. They touched Sieem...

All joking aside. I think what chadz meant with a set is that the bonus is applied to your equipment so if you change a lot then your gonna have boosted equipment that you don't use. So if you stay with one set then they get all the boosts and thus gets stronger.

EDIT: OOOH chadz is here! Finally time for the Great Reveal!?!?!?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2011, 06:11:06 pm »
I think what chadz meant with a set is that the bonus is applied to your equipment so if you change a lot then your gonna have boosted equipment that you don't use. So if you stay with one set then they get all the boosts and thus gets stronger.

closest one so far :)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2011, 06:45:29 pm »
chadz, lets make this interesting. The first to get it right gets a free heirloom, respec and lvl 35! :D

Doitdoitdoitdoitdoit!

Also here is the info so far and what I think they mean:
Feel free to figure it out, that one is a secret :)

(protip: getting that message is a very, very, good thing)
It's a positive thing and we have to figure it out ourself (duh)
theres a random component
It has a random chance to happen. BUT! He says component so there are other factors that also trigger it. People are saying they get it after playing good, so it is based on KD, No TK, No FF, Dealt lot of damage (to enemy) or any mix of these.
For the time being I can drop you get another carrot:
Try to concentrate the bonus on the same set.
Since he said my last post was "closest one so far" I'm gonna say the same thing here. The bonus/boost/whatever is given to your equipment (weapon, armour, horse) and not your character. That doesn't mean it's not a wpf bonus or anything, but you have to use that equipment to get that bonus (whatever it is).
I wonder what the fuss is about.

It's self explanatory, isn't it?

(oh and it works for ranged too)
1. it works for ranged, 2 it should be pretty obvious to figure out. After having read some of the replies here, I can see a lot of stupid suggestions so it might be that easy to figure out anyway (at least for people without my 1337 deduction skillz).

Anyway the text reads "All thine hard work payeth off. Thou now hast a better understanding of the weapons in thine arms and armor on thy skin"

It says we have a better "understanding" of our weapons and armour. This COULD be a lower requirement in the equipment, that would make sense (since you get used to it) although I guess that will only help for when you respec, as you need to already be able to use it before you get your bonus.
it's actually permanent, even after retirement
Basically we keep the bonus even after retirement. Thus it would also be possible that it is the lower requirement thingy, but it can still be any of the other possible bonuses.
yes, horses too. if it's alive and used, that is.
It applies to ALL equipment and not just weapons and armour (as it says in the text). So it can apply to your headgear, torso, boots, gloves, weapons, ammo, horse, shield etc.

So. Is this a good recap of what we know/think? Did I hit jackpot with any of my thought chadz? At least tell me what parts are completely and utterly wrong? (PM if you want to keep it from the others too)

Damn, I love me some riddles and mysteries!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2011, 06:59:26 pm »
So. Is this a good recap of what we know/think? Did I hit jackpot with any of my thought chadz? At least tell me what parts are completely and utterly wrong? (PM if you want to keep it from the others too)

Damn, I love me some riddles and mysteries!

Or PM it to everybody else to keep him riddling forever ;)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2011, 07:01:15 pm »
Or PM it to everybody else to keep him riddling forever ;)

I forsee a lot of forum mutes...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2011, 07:24:54 pm »
So it's some way to increase stats on items you are currently wearing when it happens. It's a random, low chance check every so often (every map? hour? day?), with the chance possibly slightly increased if you are doing well at the time.

It's kind of like an alternate to heirlooming. Heirlooming is currently a small bonus, but you can plan on getting it. We're not sure how good this new system's upgrades are (no one has noticed an increase on the in-game item stats?), but it is potentially more frequent than getting an heirloom, and we're not sure how many times it can happen to a particular piece of gear.

This seems a lot like Team Fortress 2 when the item finding system was first introduced. You had a very small chance of getting a random item every hour or so. Some people could play for days and get maybe one thing, while some lucky people would get something every hour.