Author Topic: What is THAT?  (Read 81166 times)

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Re: What is THAT?
« Reply #570 on: June 10, 2011, 01:45:59 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Carrots! Gief them!
This is what happens every time you try to guess the secret:

(click to show/hide)

:mrgreen:

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #571 on: June 10, 2011, 11:39:35 am »
i just wanted to inform all the interested, that even ME finally got it, just once tho, i was alive, lvl like 27 or so:)

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #572 on: June 10, 2011, 04:01:30 pm »
Welcome to the cool guy club
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #573 on: June 16, 2011, 06:12:03 am »
I hate that I switch gear so much.
boop

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 16, 2011, 06:36:47 am »
I hate that I switch gear so much.

I switch gear quite often (usually dress according to the map- desert, I wear sarranid, snow, I wear fur robes and such, cities I wear light shirts/leather) and I've gotten this in multiple gear sets, on multiple characters.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 16, 2011, 07:08:15 am »
I switch gear quite often (usually dress according to the map- desert, I wear sarranid, snow, I wear fur robes and such, cities I wear light shirts/leather) and I've gotten this in multiple gear sets, on multiple characters.
+1

That's the spirit of being a true cRPG player! Or what chadz originally intended for all of us before turning cRPG into a grind fest, lol.

Offline Socrates

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Philosophy is a way of life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ascended Order
  • Game nicks: Socrates
« Reply #576 on: June 20, 2011, 05:44:12 am »
Got it 2nd time yesterday. Still need to knows! More carrots chadz.
The act of justice is not determined by the state.

Offline Belhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 20, 2011, 06:40:11 am »
I finally got it...first time that I know of. Level 30, gen 2, about 1M away from 31. On NA_Siege, in one of my default gear sets (light mail) with the Langes Messer I bought last week. I was so shocked that I forgot to screenshot it.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #578 on: June 20, 2011, 09:00:50 pm »
*raises hand* I have a question!

Is the buff tied to the player, or to the piece of equipment?  For example, suppose I sold my spiked helm that I know has '1' of these buffs on it, and swapped it for an identical helm in the market.  Would the new helm I bought retain the buff (tied to player) or would the buyer of my helm have unknowingly gotten a buffed version (tied to item)?

If it's the latter I think it's really important that it is reflected somewhere on the item.

I know this thread has been pretty devoid of carrots lately, but this question has prevented me from trying to trade for heirloomed versions of some items I already own.  My mail gauntlets have gotten the 'thine arms' message more than anything else my char owns (I think) and I'd love to trade for heirloomed mail gauntlets but if that means losing the 'thine arms' bonuses then I'll just do it the long way.

Oh chadz, why hast thou forsaken us?
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Noldar

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 26, 2011, 06:23:41 am »
Just got it again. Third time in three days...but this time it was while I was messing around with medium ladders haha. Do my ladders get longer!?  :P

Offline Perceval

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 26, 2011, 12:06:33 pm »
<spam>

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #581 on: June 26, 2011, 03:19:11 pm »
I got this for the first time (or at least the first time that I was paying attention). I tried asking my friends that play about it, but none of them were online to tell me that they didn't know what it was. So I found this thread and spent about an hour reading through the whole thing cause I enjoy wasting time.

I also got it after wearing the same equipment for a while. I was definitely at the bottom of the scoreboard with 1 kill 7 deaths. I doubt this has anything to do with it, but it was shortly after I made the first kill in a round on Battle. It also wasn't long after I dedicated a main account (never got it before that).

Since chadz said it's an attempt to improve role play, it would make sense that wearing the same equipment set is a trigger. Either that or more knowledge about your equipment is near useless unless you get it on the same equipment multiple times.

We've also been told that there's a random chance and level affects it. My guess is for every level, there's a set number of points (quite possibly just one) where the random chance determines whether to activate or not. If it does, it could just check for other components of the formula, and if everything works out, sends you the message.

I've got some questions for anybody who's had this message and is willing to answer them:
Have you ever gotten this message more than once in a single level? (if so, how many times max?)
Have you ever gotten this message while wearing something other than your default inventory? (betting somebody has, but I was wearing default)
For those that have gotten this while switching armor recently beforehand, do you often wear the armor that you got the message with?

Offline Kherr

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Kherr
« Reply #582 on: June 26, 2011, 04:39:55 pm »
I've got some questions for anybody who's had this message and is willing to answer them:
Have you ever gotten this message more than once in a single level? (if so, how many times max?)
Have you ever gotten this message while wearing something other than your default inventory? (betting somebody has, but I was wearing default)
For those that have gotten this while switching armor recently beforehand, do you often wear the armor that you got the message with?
Interesting idea.
I got the message two times with my main. If I remember correctly the first time in mid 20 lvls, the 2nd time after retirement end 20 lvls or 30 lvl. Unfortunately I got the message both times with non-standard equipment. Normally I wear more expensive armor... thats my standard equipment. But I switched both times before getting the message to much less expensive equipment. I am not sure... but it should be about 3-5 rounds before the message. I dont have a standard for the less expensive set... I simple equip something cheap.

Offline Noldar

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 26, 2011, 04:56:52 pm »

No

Yes. Like I mentioned in my post, I was carrying two ladders which definitely isn't my default

I don't wear any armour

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #584 on: June 26, 2011, 05:05:38 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!