Author Topic: Dear chadz, cRPG Mod Popularity Count and a thank you from me.  (Read 3066 times)

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
Dear chadz, cRPG Mod Popularity Count and a thank you from me.
« on: December 24, 2012, 12:15:45 am »
+91
Dear cRPG Devs and Community

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I would just like too say how popular cRPG became and still is populated today, i would like to thank the development team and the cRPG community for a continuous fun and addicting Mod, if it weren't for the time and effort the developers put into making a mod that is free to play, i would have struggled very hard to find a fun/addicting game to play in my spare time and that my PC could actually run decent enough to play efficiently. i am posting this topic because Christmas is very soon and i have gotten a Christmas bonus from work for working over time alot lately, this bonus has made me enough money to get a high-tier PC and finally join in with my clan-mates playing all the other games.

So as i am getting this new PC i will not be playing cRPG as much as i was, due to all the other games i have but can't play atm. So i would like to thank all the developers again very much for making such an awesome mod that filled me with alot of rage in my time, but was worth it all too much!

I will still be hopping on cRPG when i feel like it, which might be alot, who knows, it is very addicting for me. I hope to see chadz and the others make another mod for M&B:2 or any other game chadz might be inspired to make, i will surely take an interest into it.

and congratulations on your success of this mod, cRPG development team, 21.3k members isn't a number to be ashamed of.

thank you if you managed to read all of this message.

thank you cRPG devs
thank you cRPG Community

your online friend,
Saxon.

P.S - I hope cRPG still is this populated right until M&B:2 release, which im confident it will be.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Dear chadz, cRPG Mod Popularity Count and a thank you from me.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 12:22:01 am »
+11

I would just like too say how popular cRPG became and still is populated today, i would like to thank the development team and the cRPG community for a continuous fun and addicting Mod, if it weren't for the time and effort the developers put into making a mod that is free to play, i would have struggled very hard to find a fun/addicting game to play in my spare time and that my PC could actually run decent enough to play efficiently. i am posting this topic because Christmas is very soon and i have gotten a Christmas bonus from work for working over time alot lately, this bonus has made me enough money to get a high-tier PC and finally join in with my clan-mates playing all the other games.

So as i am getting this new PC i will not be playing cRPG as much as i was, due to all the other games i have but can't play atm. So i would like to thank all the developers again very much for making such an awesome mod that filled me with alot of rage in my time, but was worth it all too much!

I will still be hopping on cRPG when i feel like it, which might be alot, who knows, it is very addicting for me. I hope to see chadz and the others make another mod for M&B:2 or any other game chadz might be inspired to make, i will surely take an interest into it.

and congratulations on your success of this mod, cRPG development team, 21.3k members isn't a number to be ashamed of.

thank you cRPG devs
thank you cRPG Community

your online friend,
Saxon.

P.S - I hope cRPG still is this populated right until M&B:2 release, which im confident it will be.

Gotta +1 this, even though renown farming is obvious

Offline //saxon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 12:23:56 am »
+8
Gotta +1 this, even though renown farming is obvious
renown is just a mixture of pixels, i truly want to thank cRPG. it is the only game my PC can play as i mentioned. and has cheered me up many times.

maaay be a +1 off chadz couldn't hurt, it would show that he read it and understood, would make my day.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 12:27:16 am »
+5
Isn't the 21363 users also only the ones who bothered registering on this forum?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline //saxon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 12:28:38 am »
Isn't the 21363 users also only the ones who bothered registering on this forum?
yes i believe so, it is alot of people who show atleast some interest and support to this mod.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1109
  • Infamy: 2947
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 12:31:47 am »
+10
I hope there are more players like you and me, who realise that even if this is a free mod, it gave us two years of great fun. Many haven't supported this mod like it deserves (including me, but at least I have a good excuse for it). Just want people to remember that fact.

Most of you have spent hundreds of euros/dollars on games you barely played and enjoyed. Yet you've paid no more than 30 euros for Warband and mostly nothing for cRPG which gave you more pleasure than original game and way more than almost any other game you played in last couple of years.

Never forget that, maybe there will be time when Donkey crew will need your support.

Offline //saxon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 12:51:16 am »
+5
I hope there are more players like you and me, who realise that even if this is a free mod, it gave us two years of great fun. Many haven't supported this mod like it deserves (including me, but at least I have a good excuse for it). Just want people to remember that fact.

Most of you have spent hundreds of euros/dollars on games you barely played and enjoyed. Yet you've paid no more than 30 euros for Warband and mostly nothing for cRPG which gave you more pleasure than original game and way more than almost any other game you played in last couple of years.

Never forget that, maybe there will be time when Donkey crew will need your support.
yes, i really do hope the devs become very successful and turn into professional game creators, if that is what they aim to do. but if not i wish them good luck in whatever their personal goals are.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 01:41:42 am »
+13
to be fair i can play most of these new games and they still generally suck compared to warband and crpg :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 02:24:12 am »
+5
Indeed, in a lifetime of gaming, I can't remember a single other thing that's kept me engaged and coming back for more time after time like crpg... maybe firepro wrestling comes close, and some other titles/franchises like Total War, but crpg stands alone in terms of pure addiction and inability to stop, and likely hours spent. Thankfully I don't use steam so I don't have an exact count of how much life I've wasted, but I imagine it tops anything else by a long shot.

Thanks devs, for remaking an old favorite in Mount&Blade and bringing me from the singleplayer world into the competitive multiplayer realm. Although I could also lay curses upon you for the same reason, so.... I guess we'll just call it a wash. We're even. Now leave me alone.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 03:03:59 am »
+3
to be fair i can play most of these new games and they still generally suck compared to warband and crpg :D

Same. You may be getting a grand pc, but I'd be willing to bet you spend majority of time here still. I bought a crazy gaming rig and ended up spending all my time on here of all games.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline //saxon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 03:13:10 am »
+1
Same. You may be getting a grand pc, but I'd be willing to bet you spend majority of time here still. I bought a crazy gaming rig and ended up spending all my time on here of all games.
i can see that happening to me.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 04:41:28 am »
+5
Yeah, I must say that cRPG is probably the best multiplayer game I've ever played. Ever.

Sure, other games have been great. My boner was probably at its largest when playing through the ME series. That and Dragon Age: Origins.

But, like Dooz, I have played no other game for this long and enjoyed it. Maybe its because its so damn player-driven. Maybe its because its fucking competitive and, as far as clicking a mouse and pushing buttons goes, very "skill based". Maybe its the nod towards historical realism. Yeah, if you think about it our battles are kind of ludicrous. I can make my horse climb up the sides of mountains faster if it goes backwards, and plate's fucking useless. But, compared to other games out there, it's great.

Maybe this game's awesome because, even when I'm not playing, it draws me in. This damned community of players and developers is autistic, but also entertaining and fun. The dev's should be proud of having brought so many people together with a great game.

I hope that the player base and community continue to grow, and the mod with it. In addition to cases of cheap beer, I've asked Santa to pay the dev's a visit, bringing them hookers and whiskey.

Once I sort out my finances, I'll donate, so that in the event that Santa is shot by a drunk guy in Georgia and can't make it, chadz and company can buy their own hookers and whiskey.

I"m gay nerf cav

"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 06:28:02 am »
+1
The only other game I have invested an equal amount of time in was Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2. It also had a great modding community.

I wish developers could see the potential behind such communities, instead of only focusing on sale figures. Word of mouth advertising works much better and is cheaper than any other form of advertising.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 08:16:42 am »
+2
i can see that happening to me.

It's not a bad thing by any means. I still play other games, but I usually just play through the game once or play the game here and there and end up coming back here and playing this mainly. All issues with this aside, the devs did a great job with this mod and giving it insane replay value, never invested so much time into a game in my life. So props to you guys.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Shpritza

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 42
    • View Profile
    • STEAM
  • Game nicks: Shpritza
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 08:32:09 am »
+2

thank you cRPG devs
thank you cRPG Community

your online friend,
Saxon.

U get a +1 from me...
trust no one, question everything