Author Topic: Israeli vs. Palestinians  (Read 6131 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Israeli vs. Palestinians
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2012, 12:41:05 pm »
+1
Yes poor little Israel we all feel sorry for them, the evil dirty muslim abuzing them oh noes  :rolleyes:

gimme a break man...
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2012, 01:32:09 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

As one of the countries having nuclear weapons and the willingness to use them to defend the integrity of it's territory (whether "fairly" obtained or not, as if there was such a thing), Israel won't suffer more than the occasional highly idealistic activists or strongly worded reprimand from the international community. The one thing that may have a big effect is change in the almost unconditional support offered by the US, but I don't see it happening. 

Interestingly enough there are crazy fundamentalist christians, jews and muslims who all have varrying apocalyptic prophecies all centering around war breaking out in that area of the world. In fact in judeo/christian/muslim tradition the "chosen people" reoccupying "their" land is one of the signs. I have often seen support of Israel in the US tied into this by christian radicals. May very well become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1616
  • Infamy: 2202
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2012, 01:44:39 pm »
+1
What modern society needs, is to declare fundamentalist religious beliefs as schizophrenic behavior. But that isn't going to happen because there's too many delusional people who believe in that crap and as we all know, majority rules.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2012, 01:50:02 pm »
Stupidity is a human characteristic, it's not like it's limited to religions. There are so many things that could be called psychotic behaviour that have nothing to do with religion, and many religious people who live normal, blameless lives. If you go down the road of forbidding thoughts because they threaten your sensibilities you may as well go full-out totalitarian. I always knew you were a fascist Leshma...(jk, but seriously, I don't like you or your shitty opinions).

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2493
  • Infamy: 1571
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2012, 02:02:18 pm »
What is the difference between a person who believes in aliens and person who believes in personal god? None, they both believe in things that don't exist in our material world. And I don't have anything against anyone who believes in aliens or god.

But what people do with individuals who become aggressive because they believe that aliens abducted him, performed experiments on them? People put those individuals in mental institutions because they aren't fit to live in civilized society.

People who are being aggressive because their god told them to act like that are sent to prison but only if they break the law. But they aren't considered as being insane because of it. Because people have the right to believe in god, but believing in aliens is considered as crazy behaviour in our society.

I believe in freedom but for me freedom means that you're free to do anything you want but under one condition. You aren't allowed to affect freedom of other individuals. It's pretty simple, but this civilization never followed those simple rules.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2012, 05:20:51 pm »
+2
I believe in freedom but for me freedom means that you're free to do anything you want but under one condition. You aren't allowed to affect freedom of other individuals. It's pretty simple, but this civilization never followed those simple rules.

It's pretty simple to formulate it like that. Adding Kant's Categorical Imperative and a lot of "don't do to someone what you wouldn't want someone to do to you" is also a good idea. However, it's way harder to actually give an exhaustive list of what you can and kant do.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2012, 06:07:35 pm »
+1
As always Scandinavians are leading the charge for equality, freedom and justice :wink:

Norway (who is leading the charge) is together with Denmark and the wannabe Scandinavians, Finland, plus Sweden -- they haven't officially decided yet but several parties have already voted yes, though it seems they might cop out and not vote, several high-end politicians in Sweden have strong ties to American politics too -- Are looking to elevate the Palestinian UN status to an 'observer state' which means they will have access and be included in several UN organs plus the ICC (International Criminal Court) -- the latter would be the real winner for justice and freedom, because it would severely limit if not completely stop - in time - the atrocities.

There's also talks about a BAN on any sort of goods that come out of Israeli settlements in occupied territory. (Unrelated to this movement).

The US, Israel and Germany is of course not happy, at all :rolleyes: and will vote No.
Netherlands will most likely vote no too.
Great Britain has demands and might abstain.
France, Spain, Austria and Portugal supports Palestine.
Russia will most likely vote Yes. China and India too.

No matter the result though, Scandinavians countries are trying to start a movement that will fight for Palestinian rights to enter the UN completely.

I god damn love Scandinavia. Kalmar for life.

Swedish: http://www.svd.se/nyheter/utrikes/stod-for-hojd-palestinsk-fn-status_7707534.svd
Swedish (on Finnish site): http://hbl.fi/nyheter/2012-11-28/finland-stoder-hojd-fn-status-palestina
Norwegian: http://www.abcnyheter.no/nyheter/2012/11/28/palestina-resolusjon-splitter-europa
Danish: http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-60770656:danmark-stemmer-ja-til-pal%C3%A6stina.html
Danish: https://politiken.dk/debat/ledere/ECE1825757/endelig-kom-det-danske-ja-til-palaestina/
English: http://www.livemint.com/Politics/BdHyoyztvsebCV0C2jYbYI/How-nations-are-lining-up-on-Palestinian-statehood.html
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2012, 06:45:07 pm »
They have tech far beyond most countries, even the good ole USA gets tech from Israel.
True, though all advanced countries get tech from all the other ones.
Where do you think we got our drones from?

Ourselves, actually, designed and developed as both a concept and as individual blueprints/designs, naturally the individual parts may come from a collection of countries, but Israel is a non-factor for US drone development and what parts that do come from there can easily be obtained from another country.:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unmanned_aerial_vehicle

Regardless, they certainly do pioneer a lot of impressive technologies both military and non-military.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2012, 07:50:22 pm »
True, though all advanced countries get tech from all the other ones.

Ourselves, actually, designed and developed as both a concept and as individual blueprints/designs, naturally the individual parts may come from a collection of countries, but Israel is a non-factor for US drone development and what parts that do come from there can easily be obtained from another country.:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unmanned_aerial_vehicle.

Wrong. They're made by Tacitus Corporation which is financed by Raul Menendez who financed it by money from his drug business whilst being in the drug cartel.

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2012, 01:08:22 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unmanned_aerial_vehicle

Regardless, they certainly do pioneer a lot of impressive technologies both military and non-military.

Hey tears :)

Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. A quick google instead of relying on wiki would have made that very clear. The man directly responsible for our drone program is an ISRAELI! -  http://www.impactlab.net/2011/12/26/drones-garage-invention-spawns-multibillion-dollar-defense-industry/

But by this time Israel had already been perfecting drones.

"In the late 1970s and 80s, Israel developed the Scout and the Pioneer, which represented a shift t­oward the lighter, glider-type model of UAV in use today. The Scout was notable for its ability to transmit live video with a 360-degree view of the terrain. The small size of these UAVs made them inexpensive to produce and difficult to shoot down." - http://science.howstuffworks.com/reaper1.htm

The predator drones we use today are based on Israeli design.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2012, 05:48:46 am »
+1
"Personally, when it comes to rights, I think one of two things is true: I think either we have unlimited rights, or we have no rights at all. Personally, I lean toward unlimited rights - I feel, for instance, I have the right to do anything I please. But, if I do something you don't like, I think you have the right to kill me. So where you gonna find a fairer fucking deal than that? So the next time some asshole says to you, "I have a right to my opinion," you say, "Oh yeah? Well, I have a right to my opinion, and my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion." Then shoot the fuck and walk away! "
And how!

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2012, 07:23:12 am »
+1
"Personally, when it comes to rights, I think one of two things is true: I think either we have unlimited rights, or we have no rights at all. Personally, I lean toward unlimited rights - I feel, for instance, I have the right to do anything I please. But, if I do something you don't like, I think you have the right to kill me. So where you gonna find a fairer fucking deal than that? So the next time some asshole says to you, "I have a right to my opinion," you say, "Oh yeah? Well, I have a right to my opinion, and my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion." Then shoot the fuck and walk away! "
George Carling!  :mrgreen:

8:30  :wink:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 07:44:00 am by Falka »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2012, 05:13:39 pm »
As always Scandinavians are leading the charge for equality, freedom and justice :wink:

Norway (who is leading the charge) is together with Denmark and the wannabe Scandinavians, Finland, plus Sweden -- they haven't officially decided yet but several parties have already voted yes, though it seems they might cop out and not vote, several high-end politicians in Sweden have strong ties to American politics too -- Are looking to elevate the Palestinian UN status to an 'observer state' which means they will have access and be included in several UN organs plus the ICC (International Criminal Court) -- the latter would be the real winner for justice and freedom, because it would severely limit if not completely stop - in time - the atrocities.

There's also talks about a BAN on any sort of goods that come out of Israeli settlements in occupied territory. (Unrelated to this movement).

The US, Israel and Germany is of course not happy, at all :rolleyes: and will vote No.
Netherlands will most likely vote no too.
Great Britain has demands and might abstain.
France, Spain, Austria and Portugal supports Palestine.
Russia will most likely vote Yes. China and India too.

Well yeah Israel are very anti-this. It's arguably one of the  reasons for the out break of recent violence. Israel are trying to put pressure on them. My girlfriend explained it to me (she's there atm) but I don't remember the details. But effectively it's the West Bank leading the UN observer state push but by getting embroiled with Gaza Israel often weaken the position of the West Bank as the West Bank and Gaza pretty much hate each other, but they are all considered Palestine and so the actions of one reflect on the other.

Palestine has pushed for this and similar things before. Can only hope it actually succeeds this time but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

In this country many shops ect already put a complete ban on goods from Israel, regardless of whether in Palestinian territory. I doubt it has little effect as it would only really matter if it was a significant ban and it's more a statement than anything but a nation wide one would be interesting.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2012, 05:16:58 pm »
+2
Is this thread buy MQ9 Reaper ? 1900k offer gold !

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2012, 07:13:27 am »
Well they succeeded  :) Naturally Israel have basically implied they'll ignore it and also consider it a violation of previous agreements.