Author Topic: Please stop spawning naked and/or hiding in a corner/bush/building  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_Helrekkr
+1
I'm not talking about people that are doing so because of a bug, I'm talking about the the people that do so because they are "farming" gold.

All I am asking is that you spawn with a hunting xbow and some bolts (bolts can't break I believe, at least I never had to repair them) if nothing else.

That way you can actually HELP your team win.. and help yourself get more gold.
Worst case ? You lose and have to pay 250g or something to repair the cheap gear. Oh noes.

Also, please stop hiding behind some corner somewhere until everyone is dead.
Your gold/xp intake is no longer dependant on you staying alive or being close to the action, so it doesn't matter if you are a level 1, gen 1 peasant with a pitchfork, you should get out there and try to kill something. Flank around and piss their archers off, dunno, but hiding in a heystack won't help YOU in any way.

Offline Joseph_the_Mighty

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Joseph_the_Mighty_II
Re: Please stop spawning naked and/or hiding in a corner/bush/building
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 08:29:13 am »

Offline Surol

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 01:29:17 pm »
no going to happen.

and id help if my sword was not -2k waiting for repairs.

i could use throwing wep oh wait -6k in the hole on that

oh wait ill use a shield..... ah sorry dropped 10 lvl's cant use it yet.

at least i can run around at 24th lvl in pesant gear picking up wep's people drop.

this patch has been all kinds of dick sofar.

get ready for gold farmers all over the place or even guys making truce to run the clock for gold late at night when nobody is watching.

Offline Draedan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • wat?
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Draedan_PxC, Heavy_Set_PxC, Pure_PxC, GoreHead_PxC
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 01:44:49 pm »
get ready for gold farmers all over the place or even guys making truce to run the clock for gold late at night when nobody is watching.
so they don't get any deaths or what?
your still going to get x1 exp if your not going to fight and lose or draw the round.
and you can't auto-spawn anymore.

Either you can help getting Gold & Exp by actually playing to win to get x2, x3, etc.
or standing and not helping and getting x1 G&E.
me personally I'd actually play to get the x2 and up.
so i can actually play with my equipment while getting my gold.
In chadz We Trust.
Hint #4: You can invite more men to your party at the tavern
(click to show/hide)

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 01:54:57 pm »
no going to happen.

and id help if my sword was not -2k waiting for repairs.

i could use throwing wep oh wait -6k in the hole on that

oh wait ill use a shield..... ah sorry dropped 10 lvl's cant use it yet.

at least i can run around at 24th lvl in pesant gear picking up wep's people drop.

this patch has been all kinds of dick sofar.

Nobody's asking you to spawn with your 10k sword and 24k throwing weapon:P

Just put on some light leather, a nordic shield and a 1-2k worth sword and do your best.
Even if you have to pay maint on everything, you won't get anywhere near 6k.. or even 2k.. and you'll be making a lot of gold WHILE helping. That's what i'm trying to show people that spawn naked and throw rocks.

Offline Salamol

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 02:10:28 pm »
I'm just going to be objective here... but as a new player you often get ripped apart by running into the fight, and while xp/gold still counts, nobody wants to keep dying over and over... it's not all that much fun.

Also by spawning with nothing, everything you make in the round (on average between 400 and 2000) is yours to keep rather than losing perhaps 200 of it each round on repair costs (this is assuming you are very unlucky and have the type of armor you suggest).

So if you are already feeling useless and are sick of dying, I can understand why people aim for the money - that being said however... if you ARE determined to do it, please just run right into the enemy throwing rocks at their faces and get yourself killed - there's nothing worse than a peasant who runs and ensures you lose your x5 by ending the game in a draw.

One more thing... I now wear chainmail and naked people still kill me all the time... but I'm still learning!

Offline Draedan

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • wat?
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Draedan_PxC, Heavy_Set_PxC, Pure_PxC, GoreHead_PxC
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 02:14:03 pm »
ok don't worry about high repair cost anymore
chadz is fixing it at "ninja patch" today
a) please stop discussions in this thread, i just want to fly over the replys to see what the majority thinks, I am aware of the reasonings, and if i'm not, discuss them in detail in another thread.

b) the reason for upkeep was that the game is supposed to be playable for a long time. This is either done by resetting the database in set intervals, like a month or two, or by artificially keeping the equipment lower than max. We've decided to go with #2.

c) i'm working on a hotfix, hopefully released today, including the following so far:

you have 60 seconds to leave after the match started
you can join in the first 60 seconds
break chance: from 3% to 4%
repair cost: from 20% to 5%
repair dice roll: does not matter if you are on the winning or losing team.
fixing no heirloomed items bug ingame
changed xp from 1500 to 1000 per minute
siege - blue fog removed
- some other minor stuff
In chadz We Trust.
Hint #4: You can invite more men to your party at the tavern
(click to show/hide)

Offline KIT_Thunderwolf

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 02:30:18 pm »
At least spawn with some stones as those have no upkeep (x% of 2 gold coins buying price is nothing) plus you can get some pretty funny kills that way :P

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 02:32:11 pm »
I know throwing weapons can break (including stones), so are you sure bolts don't break ?

Don't blame people for following the current game rules, blame the rules. If you are broke (which is easy) you need to farm gold naked.

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 02:33:22 pm »
Some people said they do so I guess they also do break, I just never had my bolts break in over 30 rounds played despite using them in 2 inventory slots.

Actually, anybody know if using the same item in more than one slot increases the chance of having it break ?

Offline Salamol

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 02:37:39 pm »
Some people said they do so I guess they also do break, I just never had my bolts break in over 30 rounds played despite using them in 2 inventory slots.

Actually, anybody know if using the same item in more than one slot increases the chance of having it break ?

At 3% chance of breaking, one set of bolts would break once every 33 rounds (on average). I use arrows and have had them break alot, however I have them in 3 slots so I would say yes it makes a difference... or I'm just really unlucky!

Offline Blackstone

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cimmirian
  • Game nicks: Blackstone
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 06:38:46 pm »
I enjoy playing with my medium armor and heirloomed weapons I earned over the past few months, but can no longer wear them due to extraordinarily high upkeep costs that cannot be maintained for longer than 30 minutes playtime. My only option is to run around naked with one crossbow and bolts 3/4 of the time, to earn money so that I can have fun wearing my hard earned heirloomed equipment.

If there is another option (aside from simply not trying to play with the heirloomed equipment that took me several months to obtain), I welcome the suggestion.
A warrior moves through the world all day, yet he himself is unmovable.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 06:41:00 pm »
You farm gold much more effectively if your team wins, and there is a wide assortiment of cheap weapons which could let you help your team win.

Bolts break.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 07:27:47 pm »
Leeching is bad and if you have no weps how can you be helping your team (especially when hiding in a bush).

I believe someone already changed a server greeting to say "afk leechers will be banned for 1 day" and i've been on the look out for it too.

Offline Adelaide_de_Toronto

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swabian
  • Game nicks: Scarlett_Lass, Crimson_Bec, Repentance
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 07:36:59 pm »
I must agree with most of you in that players should not be hiding in sheds, etc or going naked.  At least spend a few hundred gold and get an apron or straw hat with a wooden sword.  Seriously, there is virtually no upkeep cost and it takes a single round to get the gold to do this.  Best of all, people like myself and everyone else here will stop whining about it and leave you alone.