Author Topic: Is archery bugged atm?  (Read 18085 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: Is archery bugged atm?
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2012, 05:43:42 pm »
It reduced it by 14 points per level. That is 70 points with 5 PD, and 84 with 6, which meant basically you had about half your starting wpf...

Thanks for the correction. Once the bug is fixed, I doubt even 18/24 archers' wpf would be reduced much more drastically than it was before, but people should be able to slightly tweak their stats.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2012, 05:45:36 pm »
Archers usually don't make any money. I've made +50k last week playing archer.
You made 50k in one week and you're still complaining? wtf?

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2012, 05:46:49 pm »
You made 50k in one week and you're still complaining? wtf?

sorry mistake - i lost 50k in one week :)
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2012, 05:58:45 pm »
+2
just means archers are in the same boat as pure throwers i guess :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2012, 06:14:03 pm »
+1
i have 2 and im fine.

They've said it themselfs that athlectics reduce wpf.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2012, 06:17:24 pm »
You mean archery is now challenging?!

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

You bring nothing positive to any game server except making a nice easy target for cav and archers. Your opinion now matter how correct it may be is not valued. Good day.
I don't know enough

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2012, 06:37:23 pm »
+7
It should be that archer simply has to stop to draw his bow and shoot. Not like he can start drawing his bow while running and then just stop to shoot. Imho it would be better option and wouldn't make athletics a flaw for archers standing at 1 position most of the time.

No. That will make me instarespec to another class, simply cause Crossbowers would be a even greater pain in the ass than they already are. Funny how archers can + that post. I guess you can't see the horror by implementing that. Have fun getting sniped once you try and draw your bow.

Anyway, as Phyrex have always claimed; you are messing to much with the game mechanics.

I guess it's a good time to say good bye to cRPG.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2012, 06:42:03 pm »
No. That will make me instarespec to another class, simply cause Crossbowers would be a even greater pain in the ass than they already are. Funny how archers can + that post. I guess you can't see the horror by implementing that. Have fun getting sniped once you try and draw your bow.

Anyway, as Phyrex have always claimed; you are messing to much with the game mechanics.

I guess it's a good time to say good bye to cRPG.

I agree with bagge 100% :/

on everything
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2012, 06:43:41 pm »
+2
Funny how one patch removed all ranged from strat :) Most DRZ archers can't participate in any strat battles right now, with our builds there is no point. It will just be mele fights right now. At list make it so we could play with 1 alt in strat battles plz.
I don't want to get banned for buying another key for mele char, but i can't really do anything with my archer either and don't want to respec from lvl 34.
We kind of sitting here and waiting when everything will go back to normal or we hear some news from chadz on how its going to be.
when UIF looks at you

Offline Mwahahaha

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Zero_Tolerance
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2012, 06:46:23 pm »
+3
save cRPG! left the old system for archers, you already nerfed damage and missile speed, enough pls. If it will be not fixed, then
good time to say good bye to cRPG.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:51:39 pm by Mwahahaha »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2012, 06:49:52 pm »
Funny thing is archers play ranged to troll an avoid any sort of fair fights because they can do insane dmg an ignore combat all together an once the devs try to combat that they all insta rage  :lol:

Would be the best thing ever to happen to cRPG if they removed kiting an made it more appealing for archers to make sure they would be able to go melee when called for...

Hell... we might even be able to see Eu1 reach a 120 players at primetime again instead of the pre patch 60 players.....

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2012, 06:53:52 pm »
My own opinion is that these changes are good ones overall, not because I hate archers and want to see them removed from the game or some nonsense like that, but because I feel they actually bring real tradeoffs to archery. You can choose to be slow but hard-hitting, or less powerful but very fast, or something in between and have most of the possible builds be viable in their own way. To me, this is preferable to having one build (18/24) and one weapon (MW Rus Bow) absolutely dominate dedicated archery because it is objectively better than all others.

However, as I stated here (http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/is-archery-bugged-atm/15/), some additional changes should be considered. If archers who intend on being snipers rather than skirmishers are now going to have to fight in melee and will have to do it with practically no athletics, then they should have the option of using a slightly better weapon than a 40cm hammer or 52 cm hatchet. If a greatsworder can bring along a crossbow and steel bolts as his backup weapon, I see no reason that a longbowman shouldn't be allowed to bring a quarterstaff as his.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2012, 06:54:49 pm »
It should be that archer simply has to stop to draw his bow and shoot. Not like he can start drawing his bow while running and then just stop to shoot. Imho it would be better option and wouldn't make athletics a flaw for archers standing at 1 position most of the time.

This. Or, make it so that you move much more slowly while drawing you bow.

Oh well, I better take this opportunity to shoot pure adrenaline into my k/d stats as a lancer.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2012, 06:57:56 pm »
I dislike this fix because:

1. It is purely for balance and makes no sense at all in "real world" terms and one of the great strengths of WB is a least a nod towards realism
2. It demolishes high lvl committed archers played for ages, something with no relevance to me but it renders a good build suddenly unusable
3. Archers should be able to run from infantry in armour, the whole rock, paper scissors approach of certain builds/eq types should not be thrown away. Inf wait for bloody flags if sulking too much. Archers were the balance for 2h heroes with no thrown weapon or shield
4. Its not a fix, its a nonsensical nerf
5. Taking away the exaggerated arrow stun which will actually knock you backwards mid jump would be more sensible
6. If this makes sense also apply it to melee and nerf agi freaks, makes as much sense
7. I cant stand hearing Adalwulf cry all the way from aboot land

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2012, 07:03:26 pm »
1. It is purely for balance and makes no sense at all in "real world" terms and one of the great strengths of WB is a least a nod towards realism

If we gave half a shit about realism hoplites and longbowmen would be the most overpowered playstyles in the game, hands down.