Author Topic: Semi-conquest  (Read 412 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Semi-conquest
« on: September 13, 2012, 08:15:27 pm »
New game mode is rather unlikely to introduce. So instead of that change battle a bit. Let flag spawns at the beggining of the round. But untill last 2 minutes flag can not be lowered. This way we'll achieve the same goals which Joker pointed out. And it shouldn't be hard to do.

:rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
Re: Semi-conquest
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 11:56:50 pm »
I can see two major problems:

1. If they can't be raised until the last 2 minutes of the match, it doesn't actually change anything - most battles are won before there's 2 minutes left.

2. This just creates an area where everyone bunches in to "secure" the flags. Makes them a sitting duck for archers and cavalry, thus intensifying the problem.

Solution:

Several flags across the map which raise and lower depending who's there. Once a flag is raised, it stays raised until an enemy starts to cap that flag point. The team with the highest flag on each point is awarded the difference between their flag and the opponent's flag (in decimal), each of the flag sets scores are added up and whoever has the most wins - or whoever wipes out the enemy team.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 12:06:47 am »
:rolleyes:

I +1'd your original post as I thought it had some merit, but as a gamemode to replace battle with, it's a little unfinished.

For one thing, it would mean that the basic flow of the match would be a run for the flags and then camping there. And some absolutely hate camping, so they will not be happy.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 12:23:03 am »
+1
@up
On second thought... you're right, probably it wouldnt't resolve the problem.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 09:48:39 am »
+1

1. If they can't be raised until the last 2 minutes of the match, it doesn't actually change anything - most battles are won before there's 2 minutes left.

2. This just creates an area where everyone bunches in to "secure" the flags. Makes them a sitting duck for archers and cavalry, thus intensifying the problem.

Solution:

Several flags across the map which raise and lower depending who's there. Once a flag is raised, it stays raised until an enemy starts to cap that flag point. The team with the highest flag on each point is awarded the difference between their flag and the opponent's flag (in decimal), each of the flag sets scores are added up and whoever has the most wins - or whoever wipes out the enemy team.

Maps should be changed so flags are not in open ground only so inf can have a ruin or something similar to hold. If 2 minutes too late already make it at 4 minutes left which would allow 2 minutes of the regular battle-madness which usually is enough for half of all players to be dead. Decrease the speed of the flag raising by to 50% or connect the flag rasing speed to the players around the flag. The more players from 1 team the faster it raises. If enemies are close the speed is reduced by their number, if more enemies than allies - the other flag raises.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 01:16:55 pm »

Solution:

Solution=some type of conquest and already in the game.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 03:20:07 pm »
I've never played conquest, so if that's what it is, then so be it - good game mode.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 04:34:58 pm »
Maps should be changed so flags are not in open ground only so inf can have a ruin or something similar to hold. If 2 minutes too late already make it at 4 minutes left which would allow 2 minutes of the regular battle-madness which usually is enough for half of all players to be dead. Decrease the speed of the flag raising by to 50%

Flag spawns at the beginning of the round + the above.