Author Topic: Question about horse friendly bumping  (Read 4933 times)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
Re: Question about horse friendly bumping
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 07:30:03 pm »
As a primarily cav guy I try to be extra conscious of friendlies with the new ruleset.  At the spawn if I am not in the front rank I wait for everyone to disperse as much as possible before moving.  I am pretty patient in game, since it is a game and the goal is to have fun.  As cautious as I am there are still times in game when people make last second direction changes or I f*** up and impact is unavoidable.  One thing is certain that if I bump a friendly it is never intentional.  Unfortuantely accidents happen.  Even so, as conscientious(sp?) as I am I still get the occasional person who stabs my horse as soon as we spawn but in the long run they are only hurting themselves since they have just handicapped someone on their own team.

Whats my point, who knows, but let me use this post to apologize in advance to anyone that I might accidentally run into in the future.  :wink:

+1. Thats my point: Most times when a friendly bumps you its cause he is fighting someone off, taking evasive, etc, so I take my life as MY responsibility: I avoid the numbskulls who swing their polearms in spawn "TO TEST THE SPEED, LULZ, SRY I TK 3 OF U", and when in the field, avoiding getting horsecrushed is MY responsibility: The guy who posted above about how he cant hear horses properly: Check your sound cards name (maker + model), visit their official website and get yourself the newest drivers, I hear horses from FAR, they get louder, I always have time to use ~ tilde key to spot them, and if they are an enemy, or a friend HA rideing while not looking forward, shooting, etc, I take action to not get crushed. Obviously in the heat of battle, archers and non polearms inf should NOT be alone in open ground, else you ARE gonna get run over, and most likely lanced from behind, no matter how well aware of enemies you are, so it goes without saying: Chicken runs into the highway, its gonna get hit by a car...
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Ronish

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 08:12:35 pm »
I dunno, if a horse ran you down IRL, I dont think you would get up too quick.....remember, we just have "DEAD", not "Really badly broken leg, so he can fight from sitting position" etc, so "unable to fight properly" has to be "dead". I think getting run over by a horse and rider both in armour would stop most people from fighting on.....

If not nerf the dmg from getting run down by a horse, at least also make riders take dmg when they are thrown from their dead horse. Maybe even have the dmg taken scale with horse's armor/bump dmg. If taking a nose dive with your dead horse doesn't kill you right off, you're certainly not getting up soon. Dmg need not be that much, but it would certainly be realistic.

Offline Sieve

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Sieve_the_Elder
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 09:03:25 pm »
lol I get in game shortly after posting and as I'm riding a friendly in front and off to the right of me suddenly changes direction and runs right toward me.  I quickly took evasive action slowing my beast and barely bumped him but he decides to kill my horse anyway.  Ooh well...I guess this is just going to be the way it is unless they take it out completely.   :rolleyes:

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 09:14:26 pm »
I had to sit back and watch as one of our best archers got jumped and killed by enemies. I could have saved his ass, and helped our team win the game, but I was too nervous about bumping him trying to save him.

Offline Sieve

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Sieve_the_Elder
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 11:06:39 pm »
lol I have been in the same boat.  Or even if you managed to not bump him and save the day he would probably have freaked cause you stole his kills.   Some times you just cant win :?

On another note I wish we all got assists for damage to enemies.  Can't tell you how many enemies I have knocked down or damaged severely allowing a friendly to get an easy kill.  Archers probably run across that as well I guess, soften up targets for the rest of us to finish off.

Offline PikeDan

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro Fide, pro utilitate hominum
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Pikedan
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 11:22:23 pm »
My biggest issue is when I accidentally horsebump somebody and they kill my horse on purpose. "LOL YOU SHOULD HAVE WATCHED WHERE YOU'RE GOING my old friend" is not a proper response to "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cav-bump you, but I was running from Gaga's lance of doom with my palfrey when it has nearly no health left."

If it's not obvious, NA guy here. I don't know what the situation is on EU, because I try not to play there due to horribad lag.

If I cav-bump out of spawn, rape the shit out of my horse, I probably deserve it, but if I'm trying to cav-bump an enemy for you, or lance a tin-can when you're a peasant, I'd appreciate a modicum of civility. I'm not a heavy Cav, I'm Light Cav, My horse can't take five arrows to the flank and live.
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is our oath.

Offline Vaxican

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: KC_vaxonidas
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 02:01:25 am »
Most of the time I leave my spawn with 80% health due to friendly horse trample. Also got a kicked from a server for killing the mount of a team mate who trampled 6 friendlies out of spawn. As a spearman my new policy is to stab the shit out of any horse that bears down on me. If they're in range of getting stabbed they are too close, friendly or enemy.

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 02:07:45 am »
to sum it up:
IRL there were some defeats caused by overconfident knights charging through their own lines

in games there is one BIG rule. try not to be an asshole. i can forgive you if my team lose 10 times because of your bad decisions. you tried your best. but if you're an asshole you deserve to be punished
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth