Author Topic: Question about horse friendly bumping  (Read 4934 times)

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Question about horse friendly bumping
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 06:54:49 am »
Lamix, horse bumps are no different to other ff, archer do the same, infantry does the same thing, cav is not that special. Really don't see why it need to have a separate treatment.

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_Helrekkr
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 08:40:51 am »
Can't say i've had any issues with being bumped by friendly cav yet (played on eu_crpg1 for what it's worth).

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 09:01:07 am »
trample at spawn at low speed is no dmg at all

so dont be mad ,      but  now this ff  bump     make cav be more tactical , and ppl need to use them better

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 09:10:54 am »
The only thing about horse bumping, FF or otherwise is that it seems it could use a slight toning down.  Not a full blown nerf, but it shouldn't 1-shot someone, peasant/armor or not, regardless of horse.  Now cav might say "NO WE LYK IT" but think about it, even if it only did 50% damage at max, you're still going to get alot of trample kills as people fight since they'll be wounded.  1 shotted from 100% hp from a horse, both friendly and hostile is a bit much.

Just my opinion though, and as such it'll probably be discarded.   :wink:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_Helrekkr
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 09:13:05 am »
I wouldn't mind toning it down a bit. Getting run over repeatedly (until I die if i'm pinned down somewhere by enemy archers for ex) by Finished and his horse is just dumb :P

Offline Etupetu

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Etupetu, Whismaster
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 10:53:08 am »
I think this FF cav bumbing is a good thing becose greater power should have greater responsibility of using it. Like if you use two-hander the sword cuts as easily enemys as it does team mates, so I think this is just reasinoble.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 11:00:21 am »
Well.. I dunno if the friendly cav bumping will make Cav MORE aware. Rather LESS, because they no longer have to steer away from teammates to avoid a full-stop. It's also terrible that they keep bumping people at spawn to get away.

This is bannable on EU, regardless if it damages team or not. It's just utter lack of respect to other players.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Too many. Fucking Alt-titis
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 11:13:10 am »
I think it's much better for pretty much the same reasons as Torn.

What is sad is that sometimes I'm shooting someone, as HA, that's behind me, so technically I'm not looking ahead. Let's just say accidents happen.

Oh look, my pike is sticking in your horses head!

How did that get there? I don't know, I was looking to the left.

Ah well, accidents happen.

(just polearm all cavalry that is not watching where it is going)

Offline Draedan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • wat?
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Draedan_PxC, Heavy_Set_PxC, Pure_PxC, GoreHead_PxC
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 01:13:23 pm »
Maze, I understand what you mean, but the end result would be worse if you won't simply "let it go" )) Next round that guy might try to injure you, or start pointless polls and etc. at the end nobody benefits from this.
+1
to both your posts.
In chadz We Trust.
Hint #4: You can invite more men to your party at the tavern
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tornkik

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 05:49:49 pm »
:rolleyes:
In my opinion, this kind of philosophy should get you banned. "Oh man, I have a horde of peasants in front of me at spawn on Port Assualt! No worries! TRAMPLE THEM ALL!"

Heh, I didn't say I trample them all, or that they were peasants. I still try to squeeze through them, but if one person gets in the way I don't get completely stopped.

Offline Geranigus

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Internal Affairs)
  • Game nicks: (Guard) Geranigus, WMD
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 05:57:22 pm »
The worst friendly cavalry are the greedy gamers.

Image:

You're fighting someone and suddenly a friendly horseman tramples over
you and the enemy. result: you lost the concentration on the fight and the situation
gives the enemy an advantage if he has a faster weapon than you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

God bless thee; and put meekness in thy mind, love, charity, obedience, and true duty!

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 06:05:38 pm »
Im an archer atm mostly, I wear padded leather, got longbow and iron mace or niawodaomowaodao (big 1h knife) and when im in a fight, I DONT NEED HELP: Over half my deaths cause by teammates with 2h/polearm get excited and club me: This seems to happen more since patch, for some reason, but FF HORSE BUMP:

Im a peasant, I carry a bow, I walk about like the lowly scum I am: If you lordship is riding and hits me, tbh, THATS MY FAULT: Im a peon, your a knight, I wouldnt expect knights gave a shit IRL, and why would they now, tbh, I wouldnt either: Stop and swerve, and get hit by enemy persuit, to save a peasant who walked into the road, or ride on over them and save yourself = ITS JUST A PEASANT. When I wanna cross the road, I look both ways, friendly/enemy cav coming, no difference, just stay out of their way, keep your head down, let them do their thing: They arent really a danger if your aware.

NOW: Spawn trample me, or run me over when theres no danger around or I moved for you, but you "aim" for me and run me down, thats fine: but you had better kill me, or you are gonna find that your horse grows bodkins from its ass.

sum up: I get hit by a car cause I ran into the highway, my fault. I let you pass and you still gimme a bump, still my fault, but your gonna catch an arrow. No hard feelings Pony Clubbers, I dont expect any different when I ride.

The only thing about horse bumping, FF or otherwise is that it seems it could use a slight toning down.  Not a full blown nerf, but it shouldn't 1-shot someone, peasant/armor or not, regardless of horse.  Now cav might say "NO WE LYK IT" but think about it, even if it only did 50% damage at max, you're still going to get alot of trample kills as people fight since they'll be wounded.  1 shotted from 100% hp from a horse, both friendly and hostile is a bit much.

Just my opinion though, and as such it'll probably be discarded.   :wink:

I dunno, if a horse ran you down IRL, I dont think you would get up too quick.....remember, we just have "DEAD", not "Really badly broken leg, so he can fight from sitting position" etc, so "unable to fight properly" has to be "dead". I think getting run over by a horse and rider both in armour would stop most people from fighting on.....

I read your sig btw Gorath, and lemme say, PERSONALLY as an archer, I've never been happier: Half the enemy have no armour on! PEW PEW BITCHES!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:10:32 pm by Grey »
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Sieve

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Sieve_the_Elder
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 06:49:49 pm »
As a primarily cav guy I try to be extra conscious of friendlies with the new ruleset.  At the spawn if I am not in the front rank I wait for everyone to disperse as much as possible before moving.  I am pretty patient in game, since it is a game and the goal is to have fun.  As cautious as I am there are still times in game when people make last second direction changes or I f*** up and impact is unavoidable.  One thing is certain that if I bump a friendly it is never intentional.  Unfortuantely accidents happen.  Even so, as conscientious(sp?) as I am I still get the occasional person who stabs my horse as soon as we spawn but in the long run they are only hurting themselves since they have just handicapped someone on their own team.

Whats my point, who knows, but let me use this post to apologize in advance to anyone that I might accidentally run into in the future.  :wink:

Offline Draedan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • wat?
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Draedan_PxC, Heavy_Set_PxC, Pure_PxC, GoreHead_PxC
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 07:20:35 pm »
(click to show/hide)
In chadz We Trust.
Hint #4: You can invite more men to your party at the tavern
(click to show/hide)

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 07:28:41 pm »
As a primarily cav guy I try to be extra conscious of friendlies with the new ruleset.  At the spawn if I am not in the front rank I wait for everyone to disperse as much as possible before moving.  I am pretty patient in game, since it is a game and the goal is to have fun.  As cautious as I am there are still times in game when people make last second direction changes or I f*** up and impact is unavoidable.  One thing is certain that if I bump a friendly it is never intentional.  Unfortuantely accidents happen.  Even so, as conscientious(sp?) as I am I still get the occasional person who stabs my horse as soon as we spawn but in the long run they are only hurting themselves since they have just handicapped someone on their own team.

Whats my point, who knows, but let me use this post to apologize in advance to anyone that I might accidentally run into in the future.  :wink:

I'm sorry too if I stabbed your horse :(
forgives? I wont stab no more friendly cav guys for running me over no matter how badly it pisses me off.
Been noticing a lot of armoured horses just bolting out at the spawn knocking 5-6 people in light armor down I realize not all cav players do this but the ones who do really ruin that round for those 5-6 people who are now left with half health.. or less.
Lets all try and be a little more considerate to our friendly players and take our anger out on the enemy.