Author Topic: Question about horse friendly bumping  (Read 4935 times)

Offline Maze

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants of Stratia
  • Game nicks: Maze_RS
Question about horse friendly bumping
« on: January 06, 2011, 01:40:46 am »
+1
I know team hitting and horse killing when your teammate is on the horse is bannable on the NA servers, but is stabbing a friendly cav with a spear to stop him from running you over allowed now? Some dont watch where they are going.

Offline AngryScotsman

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Question about horse friendly bumping
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 01:50:10 am »
A poor question. The better question is why is the 'friendly' cavalry running you over. If it's because your an idiot and got in his way, then no. If it's because hes an idiot and has the spacial awareness of a tramp, then yes. If the friendly cav is being forced towards you and has to escape, depends. Ought to remember, horse bumping is in favour of cavalry that use to get bogged down by selfish, inconsiderate 'friendlies' who got in the way of an escape route, only to be jump hammered from behind/shot by some exploiter with a heavy crossbow pre-patch/piked.

Another important fact is CRPG is more like the barbarian fucking horde descending on Rome than medieval combat. Accidents happen, and there are no ranks or discipline.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:51:28 am by AngryScotsman »

Offline Hirschblte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 02:02:09 am »
as light infantry i just want to say:
* i can not hear any horse, whether enemy nor friendly, unless it is say less than 3 mtrs from me (i don't know why, other sounds have a far greater distance, the gdmnd whistle, e.g.)
* i can not look back without turning my whole body and change running direction or use 3rd pers and use the camera key (awful), so i don't, especially not in a brawl.

did you actually never play infantry? i see no chance of avoiding getting "selfishly in the way of friendy cav" because i don not know that there's some approaching; if there's cav approaching me from behind, only the cav knows, until it is too late.

i think it would be different, if you would hear it from a greater distance;

Offline Viceroy

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shihan, Valgard_the_Grim
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 02:21:08 am »
I find it pretty insanely easy to hear cav, both enemy and friendly...  But I use headphones.

Offline Tornkik

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 02:31:41 am »
I'm light cav, and I like FF bumping for two main reasons.
  • You don't have to maneuver your way through the crowd at spawn. This is good for quickly trying to get behind the enemy line before they assemble.
  • I don't have to worry about Friendly infantry stopping me instantly when someone is chasing me.

I do still hate when Friendly cav ( or any cav for that reason ) cuts me off, and I end up dying from it.

Offline Hirschblte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 02:35:10 am »
I find it pretty insanely easy to hear cav, both enemy and friendly...  But I use headphones.
any special sound card or smth?

Offline Maira

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • War is won at the cost of a great loss.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Houses of Cards (House of Hearts)
  • Game nicks: Loz, King_Charles_of_Hearts
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 02:41:43 am »
I think it's much better for pretty much the same reasons as Torn.

What is sad is that sometimes I'm shooting someone, as HA, that's behind me, so technically I'm not looking ahead. Let's just say accidents happen.

Offline Viceroy

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shihan, Valgard_the_Grim
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 03:08:46 am »
any special sound card or smth?

No, my pc is pretty "run-of-the-mill" really. Nvidia 9800GT, normal soundcard...  I do use some really nice turtle beach headphones though.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 03:11:14 am »
I'm light cav, and I like FF bumping for two main reasons.
  • You don't have to maneuver your way through the crowd at spawn. This is good for quickly trying to get behind the enemy line before they assemble.
  • I don't have to worry about Friendly infantry stopping me instantly when someone is chasing me.

I do still hate when Friendly cav ( or any cav for that reason ) cuts me off, and I end up dying from it.

:rolleyes:
In my opinion, this kind of philosophy should get you banned. "Oh man, I have a horde of peasants in front of me at spawn on Port Assualt! No worries! TRAMPLE THEM ALL!"
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 03:22:04 am »
In my opinion, this kind of philosophy should get you banned. "Oh man, I have a horde of peasants in front of me at spawn on Port Assualt! No worries! TRAMPLE THEM ALL!"
+1
Respect other players and their char classes and don't build a bad image to other cavalry players, that don't share your point of view.

Friendly horse bump adds depthness to cavalry gameplay, as you need to be more aware of surrounding and can't do cheap horse bump on inf fighting your team mates.

to OP:
Hmm... so how about I hit you with a morningstar from a horseback if you accidentaly (or not) hit me or my horse? Does it sounds fair? Rightfull?
You know what we cav experience sometimes? Some ...... at spawn injures or kill our horse, without any f.. reason, he dosn't attack rider, just horse. I've experienced such behaviour before patch, when friendly horse bump wasn't even there. For most of us, horse is the most valuable asset.

So we can make a deal, kill me or my horse if you think that I've intensionaly bumped you, but I'll kill you if you turn your pike on me, simple as that. (sarcasm)

I've made a habbit to ignore such "rightfull" behaviour from some of the players and stop myself from pulling a ravenge, I'm playing to have fun instead of heaving hard fillings to other players. Shit happens, learn to don't care about it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:25:54 am by ViiK »

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 04:08:52 am »
If I'm on my cav and I'm running over team mates constantly, I'm going to expect my horse to die shortly after spawn. There are situations where I'll HAVE to run over teamates or a guy walks into my horse's path (look both ways!). But I would treat it as any other kind of team wounding. It's like a guy who is simply too lazy/incompetent to slash in a way which won't hit a team mate vs. the accidental tk's caused by slashing through dead bodies. If your "team mate" is an idiot, defend yourself in an appropriate manner. I.e stop his horse, but don't try and run it down and kill it.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 04:20:28 am »
It gets you banned on EU.

Offline Maze

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants of Stratia
  • Game nicks: Maze_RS
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 05:01:13 am »
+1
Respect other players and their char classes and don't build a bad image to other cavalry players, that don't share your point of view.

Friendly horse bump adds depthness to cavalry gameplay, as you need to be more aware of surrounding and can't do cheap horse bump on inf fighting your team mates.

to OP:
Hmm... so how about I hit you with a morningstar from a horseback if you accidentaly (or not) hit me or my horse? Does it sounds fair? Rightfull?
You know what we cav experience sometimes? Some ...... at spawn injures or kill our horse, without any f.. reason, he dosn't attack rider, just horse. I've experienced such behaviour before patch, when friendly horse bump wasn't even there. For most of us, horse is the most valuable asset.

So we can make a deal, kill me or my horse if you think that I've intensionaly bumped you, but I'll kill you if you turn your pike on me, simple as that. (sarcasm)

I've made a habbit to ignore such "rightfull" behaviour from some of the players and stop myself from pulling a ravenge, I'm playing to have fun instead of heaving hard fillings to other players. Shit happens, learn to don't care about it.

I actually played as a horsemen about 80% of the time I was on before the patch. I'm not sure on upkeep on horses yet so my courser has been shelved. I do know what you are talking about. But i'm not saying to stab out of revenge, i'm saying maybe to stab the plated charger in self defense before and not after it hits you. Some cav ppl just dont care who they run over.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 05:02:58 am by Maze »

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 05:06:29 am »
Maze, I understand what you mean, but the end result would be worse if you won't simply "let it go" )) Next round that guy might try to injure you, or start pointless polls and etc. at the end nobody benefits from this.

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 06:45:25 am »
I've seen no end of cav just running around knocking over own teammates for whatever reason they seem to believe this to be funny. plus too many friendly horses have cost me my life in a 1 on 1 charging in and knocking me down to try and take the kill... the prob is the game is teambased but people aren't they want to be top they want the most kills..