Author Topic: You can get banned for posting *spoilers* in chat?  (Read 5403 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: You can get banned for posting *spoilers* in chat?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 03:26:50 am »
+2
Thax has taken a liking to using chat stir up arguments about race (borderline racism in most cases) and regularly spamming with spoilers to later Game of Thrones seasons for several months, solely to grief, and if I searched his chat logs I would probably find even worse things that weren't posted.  I have warned him repeatedly in the past to behave, have muted him when I'm on, and told him that he will end up being banned when people start complaining. If you recall, Zisa had a breakdown on these forums because Thax, on alternate accounts, went on racist rants daily and provoked Zisa into tk'ing him and being banned for it.

Cool. That SHOULD be banned. Glad you did that.

This time, he was griefing.  Spamming the chat with spoilers to anticipated or popular things is griefing.  For those who don't know, griefing is just finding ways in a multiplayer game to ruin the enjoyment for others, often without in game penalty (except from server admins who catch and prevent it)

I can reasonably understand that. But, a spoiler is not greifing if you have seen the movie/tv show/otherwise. I know I and some friends have seen movies before others and we would chat about it, and others nearby may or may not have seen it and thus ruined it for them. Point being, I find this a stretch, but I can reasonably understand the request. But If this is valid, then I want to see more crackdown on other spoiler related things. Since If I see it, I will now screen cap it for greifing and want appropriate action. Expect to see me MORE in the ban section making posts.

That's my excuse.  What's the excuse for this thread, in general discussion, posted by one of the most notorious Ban Request Forum trolls?

Why? Because of this: Do not post here if you don't have something directly case-related to say. No lobbying, general discussion whether a rule is fair, how admin is nub, etc. Take those things elsewhere, keep this area clear. And I do my BEST to follow the rules in that section. Very rare are my non input related posts/topics in that section.

I had a serious question, and you don't discuss things in ban forum. I love how, you, as an admin can get away with so much and say it to my face. Hypocrite. You wonder why so many disagree with you and have problems with your actions.  I believe the post by christo some time ago with those steam messages shows your demeanor and attitude.

Also, if i'm a troll, go ahead and give me 2 posts where I've made shit threads. I record and report those who grief and plague the server when and admin is not on. If that makes me a troll, then I'll accept it for cleaning the trash from this game and allowing others to play without problems.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 03:44:42 am by Lt_Anders »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Serfonz

• Judge Serfonz
  • Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Oh Hi.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Serfonz_the_Cowardly
  • IRC nick: Serfonz
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 03:41:06 am »
For the first time ever I agree with Smoothrich I would have banned him as well, spoilers is chat griefing.
I'm not retreating, just advancing in another direction!

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 03:47:44 am »
+4
If you have a problem or concern about my decisions just post in my Admin feedback thread and I usually reply and explain myself just fine there.  Starting a thread in General Discussion is just an excuse to make a "drama thread" although since the last deadmin smoothrich thread was a week ago, I should've expected a new one by now.

"A spoiler is not griefing if you've seen it and know the story"  THEN ITS NOT A SPOILER DUDE

You say big twists in stories that people are looking forward to just so they get upset and mad, and ruin their experience on the server.  Its griefing.  Admins punish people for chat abuse all the time, whether its racism, trolling, sexism, or in this case spoilers.  Punishments are usually warnings and mutes, except in repeat offenders.  This guy is most definitely a repeat offender, and someone on my Steam friends list, who I consider a cool guy otherwise, but have personally told him to expect harsher punishments in the future for stuff like this.

If anyone sees anything fundamentally flawed with my decision making here, I'm certainly curious to here an explanation.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 03:48:38 am »
Speaking of spoilers, 3 posted in this thread alone. Personally, IDC about that dumb ass GOT series(GASP YOU DIDN"T!!!).

I respect and understand the griefing part, especially coming from a repeat racist person. This is a new thing to me and you are the first. I won't admin feedback you because I already have. Once is enough for me. If I have more than one complaint, then either I'm really paranoid, or you are serious trash as an admin, and I'll prefer the first option as the latter will be picked up long before I would complain about it.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 03:53:18 am by Lt_Anders »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 03:58:55 am »
+1
I'm not a forum moderator, I'm an admin of the game servers, so just report posts that look like spoilers or something and maybe they will get spoiler texted.  I'm not even trying to be a dick to you, Anders, but I'm just calling this thread out as an attempt 2 start drama instead of discuss rules.  Probably a mix of both, but I hope I clarified this griefing thing and don't mind a series of personal insults by random posters.

I'm pretty tolerant of most things in chat, and give people chances with mutes and warnings unless they don't get it, or its legitimately disrupting the server.  My ban justification of "I TAKE GOT SPOILERS SERIOUSLY" was me being a bit sarcastic, but honestly its one of the most blatant and overused methods of griefing on the internet since the show got popular.  Often book-readers feel entitled to grief with these spoilers and not get in trouble because "heh, shoulda read the book, noobs  8-)" like it changes anything, but I think most understand its a dumb excuse and just want to ruin the series for people, for their own amusement.

Ironically, Tears of Destiny resigned as admin mostly in a fit of rage that he thought I was too lenient in letting people grief in chat, because I was an LLJK troll myself with no regard to the rules.  He then banned someone for 3 weeks because they said "cracker" once in chat, blamed me for single handedly ruining cRPG and demanded I be deadminned in a series of horrible yet hilarious posts and threads until he was fired.  However in this situation, where I gave a reasonable punishment to a repeat offender for blatant chat abuse, he begins +1'ing every post saying this is me abusing my admin powers.  Never change, Tears.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 04:02:13 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 04:06:45 am »
I'm not a forum moderator, I'm an admin of the game servers, so just report posts that look like spoilers or something and maybe they will get spoiler texted.  I'm not even trying to be a dick to you, Anders, but I'm just calling this thread out as an attempt 2 start drama instead of discuss rules.  Probably a mix of both, but I hope I clarified this griefing thing and don't mind a series of personal insults by random posters.

I'm pretty tolerant of most things in chat, and give people chances with mutes and warnings unless they don't get it, or its legitimately disrupting the server.  My ban justification of "I TAKE GOT SPOILERS SERIOUSLY" was me being a bit sarcastic, but honestly its one of the most blatant and overused methods of griefing on the internet since the show got popular.  Often book-readers feel entitled to grief with these spoilers and not get in trouble because "heh, shoulda read the book, noobs  8-)" like it changes anything, but I think most understand its a dumb excuse and just want to ruin the series for people, for their own amusement.

Not trying to be a dick? But you....nm I believe I won't go there and leave it as is. Tis fine on greifing part. Expect to see me getting those SSes of them durn griefers.

Still, even not reading the books, I've spoilered my self so much i could name you a bunch of the story and...it sucks. First book was the only one I read, went belly up from there. Though I prefer fantasy, I'm not much for intrigue, incest, grimy action, etc. Never liked the series.

Ironically, Tears of Destiny resigned as admin mostly in a fit of rage that he thought I was too lenient in letting people grief in chat, because I was an LLJK troll myself with no regard to the rules.  He then banned someone for 3 weeks because they said "cracker" once in chat, blamed me for single handedly ruining cRPG and demanded I be deadminned in a series of horrible yet hilarious posts and threads until he was fired.  However in this situation, where I gave a reasonable punishment to a repeat offender for blatant chat abuse, he begins +1'ing every post saying this is me abusing my admin powers.  Never change, Tears.

Ok don't need this as this deviaties into flame war territory. You too can take grudges elsewhere.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 04:13:08 am »
+8
Americans take their TV very seriously.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 04:21:33 am »
+1
No one forces you to read the chat...
Admin abooze.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 04:25:11 am »

Tears of Jealousy

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 07:50:36 am »
GAME OF THRONES ARE SRS BSNS!!!11111

^ lol so true.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 08:00:42 am »
+6
did not read any post in this thread but I'm just here to tell you you are a cocksucker for posting spoilers in chat

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 08:05:47 am »
+3
the fuck i read the spoiler.  fuck this shit. deserved ban,  god i am pissed now fuck. 
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 08:13:55 am »
+2
Dark Vador is Luke father.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 08:15:17 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 08:37:47 am »
+2
Dark Vador is Luke father.
OMG! NO! BAN!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.