Author Topic: A Shout-Out to the Noble Birdcall...  (Read 1869 times)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
Re: A Shout-Out to the Noble Birdcall...
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 03:42:47 pm »
Yes, you may be right about that, but there has to be really a balance where it is only used when necessary.
I've reinstalled crpg two times since the patch and the first thing I did is delete the sounds, I just can't hear it anymore. It also uses value very quickly when half of your team is trolls who just say it some time into the round to annoy you.

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 04:14:36 pm »
let the archer die...the backstabbers need atleast kills from unaware archers without melee wpf to grow there e-penis

and yes im archer too...though horse archer but because of Ha is at the moment to much nerfed i mostly play footarcher...
sometimes i die from backstabbers too(when i duel with an other archer, no one win because we can grap the arrows in the air :D)

but i think the best thing is to have awareness...after 1-2 shots look around you...funny to see a melee player who want to backstab you,... wait till last seconds (look around button and set to enemy) and swing your weapon in the damn backstabber and kill him (good to know that most backstabbers are bad blockers and than hear there grudge in the chat against you :D)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 04:40:30 pm »
Non of this works for me, as too many people spam voice commands including the whistle for me to be bothered to assume it is not spam, though half the time I do hit ~ anyways out of morbid curiosity but I do that every four or so shots anyways.

As for the kicking method, it depends on who kicked me as Metz for example I will just assume is greifing like usual and thus gives me extra incentive to forget not to shoot into melee when he is around. Anyone who kicks me and has a reputation for being a solid player though usually makes me bolt forward and spin around instead of cursing them out under my breath.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline PolePot

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: PolePot_BRD. Squatfurdt. TommyTheCat. CooKuu_Zuulu.
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 05:46:48 pm »
Whistling doesn't work at all to warn someone in my experience. Next time you see the enemy coming, warn your archer friend by getting into his line of sight, and either chambering an attack, or raising your shield and facing the enemy. If your archer hasn't the brains to respond, bug out if you don't like the odds. You just can't help some people.

This. This is how you do it.
ZUUULUUUUUU!!!!

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 06:12:33 pm »
This reminds me having shot a teammate on purpose to alert him of an incoming danger in his back. He survived my arrow but I don't remember whether he survives the fight.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 06:27:54 pm »
I've thought the same a couple of times myself. Never did it and tried to headshot the backstabber instead ... with often the result of making a tk ... well he was dead anyway but still. Though once I managed epically to snipe 2 backstabbers behind him and the guy he was fighting before they got the first hit in and then he tks me for stealing his kill. Classic Pro-Gamer. :lol:

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 06:55:16 pm »
Thank you, ORiainRex, excellent read.

:)

Offline MorcBaldy

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MARBLECAKE
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 09:29:15 pm »
Being a committed sword and board chap I've got no choice but to put myself between friend and foe, sometimes receiving a cheeky arrow in my arse for my troubles!  :lol:

Offline Original_Sin

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Dunn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bartering Brigade Black Tea
  • IRC nick: Original Sin [afk mostly]
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 11:43:01 pm »
ORiainRex,
that's why I'm "spamming" here on the forum, lols
I mean just to make sure you, guys, recieve a "plus" for the awesomebar from me.
this post made my evening, brother.

as for the idea. I tried to do that many times.. didn't work. I guess that people think "some bored a**holes are whistling again"
we need people to hear ya out!

p.s. once when I was a peasant (before the patch that was) I "tried to warn" one of the archers by a friendly footkick, lol
the result:
he tkes me and shortly after his brains are on the floor 'cause of a mighty hammer.
"you are a frigging fool!!1!1!11" - he shouts.
 :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:26:04 am by Original_Sin »

Offline Maira

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • War is won at the cost of a great loss.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Houses of Cards (House of Hearts)
  • Game nicks: Loz, King_Charles_of_Hearts
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 11:50:20 pm »
Alright guys, screw the word picture.  Here's the message:

If you see an archer about to be smashed in the back of the head, just give a whistle to warn him.  That's all.  When I played an archer, I would have loved that.  That is all.

I whistle, kick, point the other way with my pike and not one single time have they turned or paid attention to me.

Offline ORiainRex

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free-Lance Sexy Killing Machine
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 11:51:11 pm »
I can understand the futility in having your warnings go unheeded.  As for myself, I can usually tell when the whistling is part of a random command spam, and when it (rarely) is something else.  When in "archer mode", zoomed in and not paying attention to my surroundings, something like a whistle would at least remind me that there's a world around me and I should probably take a look. 

As a side note, this thread has had a few reads.  To those of you reading this, lets all try, at least for a week or two, to use the whistle to warn our archer friends.  Who knows?  Maybe it will catch on.  Rebecka Black certainly did, and what she did was a far worse idea than what I'm proposing...