Yes, but better quality
11 (35.5%)
maybe
3 (9.7%)
nope.
17 (54.8%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: July 20, 2012, 10:13:16 am

Author Topic: fraps of aderyn  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
fraps of aderyn
« on: July 13, 2012, 09:22:25 am »
+3
sossarian gave me an idea. I should fraps too =D

my computer only run at 40fps (instead of 120) when i run fraps tho, so not really playing that well. Do you guys want more or would frapsing more be a waste of time?

http://youtu.be/5b2o_RXiW7M
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
Re: fraps of aderyn
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 09:24:01 am »
very nice
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 10:28:28 am »
sossarian gave me an idea. I should fraps too =D

my computer only run at 40fps (instead of 120) when i run fraps tho, so not really playing that well. Do you guys want more or would frapsing more be a waste of time?

http://youtu.be/5b2o_RXiW7M

You should be saving fraps to a drive OTHER than you boot drive if you dont want horrid game performance, (assuming you do not have TONS of ram and have turned off system page file)

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:32:49 am »
i'm already saving to my external drive - yes

Offline Gricks

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:48:27 am »
+2
I was in that video. I am youtube famous.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 11:08:39 am »
Whatever video processing software you're using, you've got it set to far too low of a bitrate, which is why it looks like an overprocessed jpeg rather than a crisp video.

Like in Adobe Elements Premier, it asks if you want to share for "disc, online, computer, mobile phone", etc, select computer, then select Adobe Flash Video and use the "F4V-HD 1080p" preset.  (The option to go Online -> Upload video to YouTube might work too but make sure you pick a good preset, like "High definition video for youtube".)

Also make sure you have FRAPS set to full screen if at all possible.  Having it save in half resolution results in crap videos.

If you can monitor your CPU while playing and recording, see if one of your cores is tapped out at 100%.  If it is, then overclocking will help your performance when using FRAPS.  (There are also FRAPS alternatives out there now that may well be better.  I haven't tried them and don't remember what they're called.)
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 12:19:58 pm »
k slamz, i'll look into it.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 12:47:01 pm »
If you can monitor your CPU while playing and recording, see if one of your cores is tapped out at 100%.  If it is, then overclocking will help your performance when using FRAPS.  (There are also FRAPS alternatives out there now that may well be better.  I haven't tried them and don't remember what they're called.)

Keep in mind that overclocking your CPU is extremely dangerous. Overclocking involves running the processor or other chips out of manufacturer’s specifications. This involves a real risk of burning out components of your system, either the chips themselves or the power delivery subsystems that feed them electricity. If your parts aren’t designed robustly and with overclocking in mind, you could have problems ranging from minor system instability to the explosive failure of your power supply or motherboard.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 01:03:08 pm »
+1
Keep in mind that overclocking your CPU is extremely dangerous. Overclocking involves running the processor or other chips out of manufacturer’s specifications. This involves a real risk of burning out components of your system, either the chips themselves or the power delivery subsystems that feed them electricity. If your parts aren’t designed robustly and with overclocking in mind, you could have problems ranging from minor system instability to the explosive failure of your power supply or motherboard.

Pretty much this, although it is a little more nuanced. Overclocking always carries some danger, no matter how small, but certain processors are just more apt at being overclocked than others. For instance, a Core i5-750 has incredible overclocking capability, while an Ivy Bridge has very little overclocking room. Then again, Ivy Bridge processors are stock-clocked much higher, but you get the point.

The important thing is monitoring your temps and checking for artifacts or any system instabilities/random shutdowns. You can get a general sense of this by doing research on the overclockability of your processor and then deciding if it's worth overclocking your processor for extra performance, and if so, by how much. My Core i5-750 is overclocked to 3.15 GHz from stock 2.67 GHz, but that's a "safe" overclock for the i5-750 and I've encountered absolutely zero hiccups or artifacts in the 2 or so years that it's been up.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 01:15:42 pm »
Yep the main risks are if you don't research into what you're doing first. I haven't had a pc that wasn't heavily overclocked for over 10 years and never had an issue. No two chips are the same so you might as well run it at whatever it will run at without crashing/overheating. Your chip might actually be exactly the same thing as something rated much higher, just sold at a lower price. There are risks but I always found it worth it if you know what you're doing.

Got a second hand q6600 atm rated 2.4, running at 3.4. Before that e6300 rated 1.8 ran at 3.2 for several years before upgrading. When you overclock you can also need to overclock other components at the same time, so you need to run correct volts through the ram, motherboard areas and chip. Too much and you could shorten the life span dramatically or destroy something, but if its safe volts and cool enough then you can run these for many years without problems. You need to see what others have managed with similar hardware, then research how to do it for your particular gear. It does have risks though so don't blame me :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:28:19 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 08:16:55 pm »
tried fixing the quality abit

http://youtu.be/Cl7z-BMs29M

youtube fucked up the last link but i uploaded a new version! here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbuudBB5X7w&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:28:43 pm by Aderyn »

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 11:44:59 pm »
Funny how reticule is actually more accurate than native archery ^^
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.